Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2019, 10:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Trip to Malshej Ghat

Is it a good idea to go for a day trip to Malshej ghat tomorrow from Pune? With the heavy rains in last 3 weeks, any idea about the roads? Also, since will there be a lot of crowds on the first day of long weekend?
Old 20th August 2019, 13:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Is it a good idea to go for a day trip to Malshej ghat tomorrow from Pune? With the heavy rains in last 3 weeks, any idea about the roads? Also, since will there be a lot of crowds on the first day of long weekend?
Hope you had a good time at Malshej ghat.

Any day of the monsoons would be ideal for a trip to Malshej Ghat. Cool breeze, roving clouds, torrential rains, several waterfalls flowing in full glory, it’s a naturally picture perfect place for weekend enjoyment.

However, if you intend to visit the place with family a mid-week day is best suited. This place, during weekends and public holidays, gets infested with tourists who are not there to enjoy nature. They are the ones to whome enjoyment means taking off clothes, dancing under water falls while drinking alcohol, making downright filthy talks, et-al. Loads of bottles are also thrown everywhere causing potential hazard.

Yes, Monkeys are the other elements one has to be watchful about.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 20th August 2019 at 14:09.
Old 20th August 2019, 16:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Hope you had a good time at Malshej ghat.
I did go to Malshej Ghat on the 15th. And I went alone. Yes, as you said it is great setting to enjoy the monsoons and the waterfalls, some of which directly fall onto the road / vehicles passing underneath. I did not intend to get wet hence I enjoyed all of them from a distance.

Somehow crowd was not much, atleast compared to what you see in Lonvala / Khandala or Sinhagad fort.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 16:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I did go to Malshej Ghat on the 15th. And I went alone. Yes, as you said it is great setting to enjoy the monsoons and the waterfalls, some of which directly fall onto the road / vehicles passing underneath. I did not intend to get wet hence I enjoyed all of them from a distance.

Somehow crowd was not much, atleast compared to what you see in Lonvala / Khandala or Sinhagad fort.

It will be great if you can post an update on the condition of roads en-route and anything to specifically watch out for. Thanks.
Old 5th September 2019, 16:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdadevil View Post
It will be great if you can post an update on the condition of roads en-route and anything to specifically watch out for. Thanks.
Frankly, I did not find the roads to be not driveable. There were minor patches here and there but nothing to be worried about. As for the landslides at actual Malshej Ghat, there was only 1 place where foundation of half the road had washed away. It was not even in the actual Ghat section but rather was closer to the dam that you find just before the ghat. Only 1 lane was remaining hence vehicles had to give way / wait. Other than this it was uneventful.

You can go via Junnar or Ale phata. I took Junnar while going and ale phata while returning. Junnar had sparse traffic.
Old 20th November 2019, 06:31   #51
BHPian

We made a short video of our recent visit to Malshej ghat. We tried the route fromBhimashankar via Junnar and Ganesh khind to reach Malshej ghat. Must admit the beauty of the stretch is really soothing. Have a look if you are interested.
ThilakNex is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks