Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 17:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hai Travelbug,

I've attached an exel sheet of my 2007, triplog to Delhi, Rishikesh and back. Though dated, the milage timings etc., may be useful to you.

I experimented with the Abu.Road, Udaipur, turned out to be a Disaster. The Himmatnagar / Udaipur is the best bet.

Hope this helps,

--Ramky
=====
Attached Files
File Type: xls ABD-DLI-RSH.xls (115.0 KB, 531 views)
Old 30th September 2008, 09:54   #47
BHPian

Thanks for the log

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai Travelbug,

I've attached an exel sheet of my 2007, triplog to Delhi, Rishikesh and back. Though dated, the milage timings etc., may be useful to you
--Ramky
=====
Hi Ramky,

Thanks for the log, it indeed will help me to plan my journey better.
Old 30th September 2008, 14:54   #48
Axe

Naman, a very useful travelogue. And kudos - the solo effort took guts.

Would you have an idea how much you paid in terms of tolls? Thanks.

BHP-ians, I am planning to do Mumbai-Delhi sometime in the 2nd week of October. In case someone one wants to consider joining me, please PM me. Would be glad to have company and split costs! Please note that the offer is for Mumbai-Delhi, and not the return.

Thanks.
Old 30th September 2008, 15:00   #49
Axe

Well done, Naman!

Naman,

Thanks for the wonderful travelogue. And kudos to you - it took guts and endurance to do a solo non-stop effort.

Would you be able to tell me how much you spent in terms of tolls? Thanks.

Fellow BHP-ians, I am planning to do Mumbai-Delhi in the second week of October. In case anyone wants to consider joining me, please PM me. I would be glad to have company and split the costs.

Please note that this is only for Mumbai-Delhi and not Delhi-Mumbai.

Thanks.
Old 30th September 2008, 22:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post
Would you be able to tell me how much you spent in terms of tolls? Thanks.

Fellow BHP-ians, I am planning to do Mumbai-Delhi in the second week of October. In case anyone wants to consider joining me, please PM me. I would be glad to have company and split the costs.

Please note that this is only for Mumbai-Delhi and not Delhi-Mumbai.

Thanks.
Hi Axe,

I'll be going on the same route but from bangalore-bombay-delhi in last week of october. Will appreciate if you could write a nice travelouge with all the details .
Old 1st October 2008, 10:24   #51
Axe

Sure Travelbug. Will do.
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:57   #52
BHPian

Hey Naman
That was showing some real guts my friend.Kudos to you for doing it solo.It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience and it shouldn't be recommended,but it is definitely a thing to brag about in years to come.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:07   #53
Senior - BHPian

Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai TBHpers,

Thought I'd share another adventure on this section, I'm excited just to hear about it, can't think of doing it on a bike now-a-days, 25 years back, it would have been possible for me.

Will ask him to post a deteailed account once he reaches back Delhi.

--Ramky
====
Update on Vikas's journey back from Mumbai to Delhi on the R15.

He started on 30th from Mumbai around 2 pm, reached Surat around 7 PM, reached Baroda around 1030 (good timings on this stretch) got into the expressway AGAIN and was caught by the Expressway Patrol around 1030 PM. He talked to me, I talked to the patrol Inspector and was about to drive on a rescue mission when things got sorted out !!!!

They took him to Anand Police station, he managed to get out as he had all the papers (and cash), his company ID helped (the police took my name, address and details and released him. Next day morning a police patrol came to my house @ 7 am the inspepctor and crossed checked my credentials, had a chai at my house; said they are on high alert now). He said Vikas was released because he did not try distort /hide any information everything checked out as in the papers and his story. He said even if one fact did not check out they would have detained him for more intensive investigation.

Vikas reached Himmatnagar around 2 AM, slept in a Dabha till 5 AM, hit Chittaurgarh at 9 am and reached Delhi at around 8 PM. All in all a very eventful journey.

Some learnings:

. 24 hours on a bike on this section is possible.
. Expresshighway cops will catch you, 2 wheelers don't try to get in.
. When the cops catch you tell them the truth, don't try to play smart with them or distort any inforamtion. It will work in your favor.
. Carry all your papers and ID's with you.
. Carry telephone numbers of people on the way, you never know when you need them.
. Have cash on you for emergencies like this
. Watch TBHP threads for latest updates on the routes.

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 3rd October 2008 at 13:23.
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:07   #54
BHPian

Awesome trip, would love to do it.
My brother did it like 2 years ago, but he drove through Madhya Pradesh and took the longer way around. Drove back through Gujarat. He and his friend on the way back realised they didnt have too much money left, so they chose to drive through straight with 2 packs of cigarettes and 3 bottles of water. They did Ahemdabad - Delhi in some 11-13hours non stop. Said that road was one of the best roads they drove on.
All in a Scorpio 2.6, took them about 21 or so days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks