Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 15:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
Since i realised how good this place this for the money u pay... makes real good sense to stay here in Munnar instead of Attempting to go thru the ordeal of booking thru Club Mahindra..! Let alone us, even the members who would have paid 2.3 Lakhs, have an issue in getting accom when required in CM.
I guess now its nearly 4 to 7 lakhs for a Red membership at CM. Unfortunately am a member
Old 11th October 2008, 15:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I guess now its nearly 4 to 7 lakhs for a Red membership at CM. Unfortunately am a member
Pity u
On a serious note... how long do u have to wait to get ur studio apt in say Coorg/Munnar...
Old 12th October 2008, 00:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and wish you a happy married life [ and you are damn lucky to get a wife who shares the passion for driving/traveling].
Nice pics and waiting for many more. And the Siena Village seems to be a very very nice place.
Old 12th October 2008, 01:28   #19
BHPian

Day 3

Decided to cover a few "must see" around Munnar. When u are on a relaxing spree.. its so difficult to get ready and start off. Once the steering in the hand.. its a different story altogether!
Ford fiesta 1.6 does really well on the highways and open stretches. And especially in curvy ghat roads, its a pleasure driving this vehicle, maingly because of
1. acceleration and low end grunt.

We started off towards Munnar town and the route from Chinnakanal to Munnar is very pleasant. Once u get close to munnar, you get to see lots and lots of Tea plantations...
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp30-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2949-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2969_1-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2987-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2992-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3003-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3027-desktop-resolution.jpg

Then once we cross, Munnar tpwn, we started driving towards Top station which is aroung 35 Kms from there.
The road is execellent on this stretch and driving fast is possible but blind curves make us brake often..
We visited, Echo point, Mattupetty Dam, Kundale Dam, Top station.

Enroute Echo point ...
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3030_1-desktop-resolution.jpg
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3034-desktop-resolution.jpg

Echo point.
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3036-desktop-resolution.jpg
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3039-desktop-resolution.jpg

Echo point to Mattupetty Dam
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3041_1-desktop-resolution.jpg
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3046-desktop-resolution.jpg

Mattupetty Dam
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3064-desktop-resolution.jpg
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3055-desktop-resolution.jpg
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3062-desktop-resolution.jpg
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3058-desktop-resolution.jpg
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3059-desktop-resolution.jpg

Kundala Dam
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3075-desktop-resolution.jpg
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3078-desktop-resolution.jpg

To be continued.....
Guys, i need some responses to retain the Enthu to upload all these...
Old 12th October 2008, 02:03   #20
BHPian

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Pramod! Wishing you both lots & lots of happy kms on the road!
Nice pictures too. Keep them coming, boss. Waiting for the rest of the travelogue.
Ranjith
Old 12th October 2008, 02:32   #21
BHPian

The Wooden cars are so awesome. I envy those along with you Fiesta buddy!!
And the juicy carrots. Awesome photography.
Old 12th October 2008, 02:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
The Wooden cars are so awesome. I envy those along with you Fiesta buddy!!
And the juicy carrots. Awesome photography.
thnx Anup.. Ppl have realised that Fiesta Petrol is a very good car recently... Not many preferred it .. most of them go for diesel even now..
But the new Type 2 release has done wonders for Ford!
And yes, Juicy carrots! definitely was not as sweet as it seems.
Old 12th October 2008, 06:16   #23
BHPian

Continuation of Day 3

Top station is at around 6000 feet above sea level.
This place is known to be the path way to enter Kodai hills.
The road looks to end at the top station as it suddenly turns a mud road.
I travelled for a km on this mud road and then decided to return back as i had no plans to go to Kodai
Came back to Munnar town and there is a decent gas station in munnar next to the txai stand. Had lunch at T&U resort restaurant. There was a lunch buffet for 300 Bucks and was worth it.
Went to Kanandevan tea go down and my lady did a lot of assorted tea packets shopping to distribute it to relatives back home
Snaps for day 3, to top station and back.

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3079-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3080-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3090-desktop-resolution.jpg
Top station view
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3093-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3096-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3097-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3100-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3107-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3108-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3111-desktop-resolution.jpg

Will Continue with "Munnar to Kumarakom" and the Beautiful stay at India's Best Resort

Last edited by pramod : 12th October 2008 at 06:18.
Old 12th October 2008, 06:23   #24
BHPian

The last few from Munnar..

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3131-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3133-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3149-desktop-resolution.jpg

Last edited by pramod : 12th October 2008 at 06:33. Reason: Snaps not coming up on Post
Old 12th October 2008, 13:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

nice pics, so the road till Top Station is good, is it? Last time we went people told us that roads are not good.
Also I think the connection between Top station and Kodai is actually blocked for normal traffic. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12th October 2008, 13:50   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
nice pics, so the road till Top Station is good, is it? Last time we went people told us that roads are not good.
Also I think the connection between Top station and Kodai is actually blocked for normal traffic. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Hey Kaushik, The road till Top station is excellent.. u could make that out in the snaps.
Wrt to the road to Kodai.. i am not very sure about its status... the state of road suggests that u may be right.
Old 12th October 2008, 14:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Yes, that road is closed. Eventhough it is just 60 odd km from munnar to kodai through this road, it is still not opened.

A local told me that some young bikkers who had taken that road had carelessly started a wild fire in the forests there, and since then that road is blocked. The condition is pathetic as well.
Old 12th October 2008, 14:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
A local told me that some young bikkers who had taken that road had carelessly started a wild fire in the forests there, and since then that road is blocked. The condition is pathetic as well.
How far you wandered on that route... I am sure it wasnt on ur ciVic !
Old 12th October 2008, 14:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

All I can say is that the photography is excellent.
The roads, it looks like, are dangerous, specially the blind turns and moreover the drivers coupled with the width of roads. I never knew such beautiful places do exist in India also.

Can you provide a map view of this place ? I mean show your route in a map ( if possible ). This will make people like me know more that where exactly these places exist and how to reach them from a distant state.
Old 12th October 2008, 15:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for the KLR review - everyone thats stayed there is full of 'oohs and aahs' afterwards. Hope it was likewise with you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks