Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 06:05   #1
BHPian

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!

Hi All,
My longest trip is coming!! And ofcourse it was my HM... how else u could do a 8 long day holiday being in "IT".
This trip was done by me and my newly wed wife 3 months ago... So, this was long time due!
Here is the Itinery:
I did a 4 month Honey Moon destination research on the net and thought who the hell wants to do a "Malaysia" trip for 80K when you dont get to drive!!!
Ofcourse the main ingredient of our HM had to be driving...Even when i was on the Reception stage of my Wedding, i was already calcualting time required from A to B... My lady does the same.. She loves driving too! She is not the type to crib over a road side 2 Rs chai.. rather she prefers them over a Infinitea on Cunnigham!
Then the question you ask yourself is How far one can drive just after wedding. Not that i dont have in me to do a Bangalore - Delhi!!... Parents and In-laws u know . I was ready to have a brawl to fight out for a car drive for my HM.
The thought process was, for me personally, karnataka provides numerous Romantic places to drive to.. but well, you could always do a 400 kms drive over a long weekend or even a 2 day trip. SO needed to think of a place which is around 500 Kms and which has enough stuff in it to keep us gng for a week! Not that we need external stimulation to get us going

Final destination:

1. Siena Village , Chinnakanal, 18 Kms from Munnar
3N - 4D Deluxe Duplex package
Booked through : : Holiday Mantra : : Homestays In Coorg, Kerala, Goa. Package Tours, Leisure Holidays And Advenutre Holidays In Manali, Rajasthan And All Over India (contact Shashi, He will design everything for you)
Tariff : 15000/-

Let me introduce you to Siena Village...
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-siena.jpg
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2836-desktop-resolution.jpg

2. Kumarakom Lake Resort, Kumarakom
3N - 4D Heritage Villa with private pool
Tariff : 36,500/-
Total Distance of the trip:
1600 Kms over 8 days

And KL this is:
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_3295-desktop-resolution.jpg

Car:
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Petrol, 2007, Panther Black

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-fordfocus-desktop-resolution.jpg

Petrol Expenditure:
6000/-

Day 1 : Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Bhavani - Perundorai - Udumalpet - Marayoor - Munnar - Chinnakanal

Day 2 : Chinnakanal - Araniyankal Dam - Chinnakanal - Munnar town - Chinnakanal

Day 3 : Chinnakanal - Munnar town - Echo point - Mattupetty Dam - Top Station - Munnar town - Chinnakanal

Day 4 : Chinnakanal - Munnar town - Adimali - Kottayam - Kumarakom (Kumarakom lake Resort)

Day 5 : Kumarakom, Kottayam

Day 6 : Kumarakom, Kottayam, Vembanad Lake back water cruise

Day 7 : Kumarakom - Kottayam - Thrissur - Guruvaayoor - Calicut - Wayanad (Kalpetta)

Day 8 : Kalpetta - Sultan Bathery - Gundlupet - Nanjangudu - Mysore - Srirangapatnam - Mandya - Maddur - Channapatna - Ramanagara - Bangalore (hufff!!)

I had posted the route some time back... for this very trip.. But i had to do justice to this very special trip by penning down more details for my satisfaction and ofcourse to the bhpians!

To be continued...
my brain is a 386 u know.. takes time for each page to upload
pramod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2008, 08:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Pramod, congratulations and wish you a happy married life.
That's a 'propah' team bhp honeymoon you have planned and executed, good your wife also shares the same tastes. Please post more pictures and a detailed travelogue.

Quote:
my brain is a 386 u know.. takes time for each page to upload
Just out of curiousity, your '386 brain' does the uploading for you or do you call your comp your brain??

Regards,
Hari.
Old 11th October 2008, 08:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hey Pramod, congratulations and wish you a happy married life.
That's a 'propah' team bhp honeymoon you have planned and executed, good your wife also shares the same tastes. Please post more pictures and a detailed travelogue.

Just out of curiousity, your '386 brain' does the uploading for you or do you call your comp your brain??

Regards,
Hari.
Hari,
Thanks for ur warm wishes!!
Yes, have loads of snaps from my Canon Rebel XT. wil keep it flowing over the weekend!
Btw, i underestimated, MY brain...
Old 11th October 2008, 08:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ha, one more Munnar
First congrats on your Marriage. Second for getting married to a same taste better half.

The places you stayed is really cool. Seems you have choosen a perfect spot for the HM - Honey moon, not Hindustan motots, he he he... (Its T-BHP u know)

So, should have had good fun. Where are the pics, uplaod it soon.
Old 11th October 2008, 09:50   #5
BHPian

It is raining MUNNAR in the 'travelogue' section.

Vinod, congratulations! Wish you both a happy married life.

Waiting for the rest of the travelogue.
Old 11th October 2008, 12:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Vinod congratulations and wishing both (you and your better half) a wonderful married life.
As for the travelogue don't take too long and make it monotonous. Post up ASAP.
Old 11th October 2008, 12:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Vinod congratulations and wishing both (you and your better half) a wonderful married life.
"Pramod" not Vinod !
Will post in a few hours from now.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Pramod.
Great pictures. Which camera do you use?

Good choice of places. Waiting for the rest.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and wishing you guys a happy married Life.
Waiting for the pictures and details.
Kumarakom, Munnar, Wayanad what a wonderful choice.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:40   #10
BHPian

Day 1 :
We left SOuth Bangalore by 6.00 am with empty stomachs.. Hit Hosur road within no time.. The construction work going on on Hosur road makes life for the tires tough.. You have to constantly change lanes which means, you need to cross those drain closure concrete blocks.
Flew past EC. Then we cross the rough patch of road ahead with careful measures and there was huge traffic at as early as 6.45 am. I am not a EC guy, hence not aware of the situation over hosur road. Finally hit the GC. Very smooth roads and we quickly cover the distance to "Ananda Bhavan" for our breakfast.
Finish off with Idli Vada.. we move on.
From now, will explain very briefly with pictures, as we move on.
The below snaps are all enroute Bangalore - Munnar. Reached Munnar by 6.30 pm. A journey of 12 Hours, with numerous "clicking" and "hogging" breaks.

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp1-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp2-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp3-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp5-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp8-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp9-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp10-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp11-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp12-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp13-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp14-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp15-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp16-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp18-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp19-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp20-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp21-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-bhp22-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2834-desktop-resolution.jpg
Old 11th October 2008, 13:45   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Congrats and wishing you guys a happy married Life.
Waiting for the pictures and details.
Kumarakom, Munnar, Wayanad what a wonderful choice.
laluks, mJyoti... Thanks a bunch for ur wishes!

laluks,
Yes, these places were very beautiful indeed and at the end of the trip.. i patted my back for my decision to do these places.
Liked ur travelogue a lot.... and envy ur civilized beast! (ciVic)
Old 11th October 2008, 13:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Should i refer u by "PatienceHelps"
RJ, Thanks!
I use a Canon Rebel XT (350D) and a standard 18-55 mm.
Wil bring a new lens from here during "thanks giving"... Wil get ur suggestion in another thread for a good macro lens.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:58   #13
BHPian

Pramod , nice travelogue.Nice to see your blacky on long run .Thanks for providing info about Siena Village . 386 no way your pix and write up exemplify me Intel Inside TM
Old 11th October 2008, 15:15   #14
BHPian

guys!!
Need some comments from your side.. for me to go ahead.....
Anyways.. One more round of Photos from Day 2 to wake u guys up.

Day2:
Relaxed in the Siena village resort most of the Day.
The quality of food and Service here is of very high standard.
We finally got going with our plans to cover a few places in and around Chinnakanal. The first on the list was Anariyankal Dam ( i am sure i dont get this name right).

View from our Balcony.... Pretty chill... hence ordered for "Chilly paneer"
Western ghats is at its best in Monsoons or just after that.... I dont believe in the concept of "hillstation in Summer"...
Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2850-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2851-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2852-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2853-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2865-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2872-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2879-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2882-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2891-desktop-resolution.jpg

Bangalore - Munnar - Kumarakom - Wayanad... 8 Day trip!!-img_2897-desktop-resolution.jpg
Old 11th October 2008, 15:27   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
Pramod , nice travelogue.Nice to see your blacky on long run .Thanks for providing info about Siena Village . 386 no way your pix and write up exemplify me Intel Inside TM
Since i realised how good this place this for the money u pay... makes real good sense to stay here in Munnar instead of Attempting to go thru the ordeal of booking thru Club Mahindra..! Let alone us, even the members who would have paid 2.3 Lakhs, have an issue in getting accom when required in CM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks