Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 10:32   #31
BHPian

rkg very good info but i was checking the website all are full for next 90 days for all types of seva . Huge crowd
Old 20th March 2009, 13:01   #32
rkg
Senior - BHPian

check at night 12.00 AM. I was told the quota for online will be released at 12 midnight. so check 90 days before at 12 AM
Old 20th March 2009, 13:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

abhi that was a quick one man. I repeat you aint doing any justice to yourself and the car, these quickie one's doesn't live upto your name.

Wonder when one of those 1000+kms drive would come up. Also don't worry, every surge has a fall and every low tide will rise. Good times will come by keep the faith.
Old 20th March 2009, 13:32   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Frankly speaking I too liked the same but I have no idea of hotels / Guest houses and how to book them? Can you provide me any such source so that next time I can stay in Tirumala itself?

Abhi
Hi Abhi,
You can book the Accommodation at Tirumala through TTD Counter from Bangalore. But most of the time it will be filled
TTD Information Centre
16th Cross, Vyalikavel
Bangalore - 560 003
Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanams - e-Services
Old 22nd March 2009, 20:14   #35
BHPian

Nice one Abhi.

Once I drove all the way to Tirumala, and then was told that Rs 50/- ticket for Sudarshanam is only available at the foothill. I was not in a mood to go back at 1:30 AM.

So opted for Sarvadarshanam instead. And it was an experience in itself. After that my wife has stopped asking to take her to Tirupati .

I don't mind the drive and the laddu though.
Old 22nd March 2009, 21:04   #36
BHPian

You can contact 23445432 no for More info in Bangalore for a Ticket and availabilty.
Old 24th March 2009, 10:07   #37
BHPian

Hi Abhi,

That was a nice travelouge of your journey to tirumala. That reminded me of my visit to Tirumala in July 2004 & Jan 2008. I feel Right time to visit tirumala is during monsoons where in we get to see surprise waterfalls during the descend journey to Tirupati & a lot of greenery.

For those who have energy to do some hiking then they can do a 10kms trek to Tirumala from Tirupati [to be precise from Alipiri, security check center for all vehicles]. I myself have done this 3 times till now & its good experience. Given a choice i would always prefer trekking to tirumala. There are some close to 3500 steps which will take us to Tirumala from Tirupati. WE took anywhere between 3.5 - 4hrs to complete this trek.

There are few places in Tirumala like Silathoranam [ very old rock formations] & Srivari Padalu which is a view point to get a bird eye view of whole Tirumala.

Snaps in the order

1. View of Tirupati while driving down from Tirumala
2. Galigopuram which is first major break point while trekking to Tirumala
3. Garuda at Alipiri entrance
4. Waterfalls at Kapilatheertam temple
5. Shilthoranam Rock formation
6. View of Tirumala Ghat from Ring Road
7.Anjaneya statue also visible during drive down to Tirupati from Tirumala
8. Total number of steps to Tirumala
9. By Walk to Tirumala

can somebody help me out in "writing a text above a snap", i'm still looking for an option which allows me to do that.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekend Travelogue: 3 Satyamites seeks blessings from the lord of seven hills-birdviewtiru.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: 3 Satyamites seeks blessings from the lord of seven hills-galigopuram.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: 3 Satyamites seeks blessings from the lord of seven hills-garuda.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: 3 Satyamites seeks blessings from the lord of seven hills-kapila.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: 3 Satyamites seeks blessings from the lord of seven hills-shilathoranam2.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: 3 Satyamites seeks blessings from the lord of seven hills-ghatroad.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: 3 Satyamites seeks blessings from the lord of seven hills-anjaneya.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: 3 Satyamites seeks blessings from the lord of seven hills-totalsteps.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: 3 Satyamites seeks blessings from the lord of seven hills-bywalk.jpg  

Old 24th March 2009, 14:54   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

@Uday, that's one nice bunch of pictures. I really liked the angle and color texture in some of them.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pics Uday, I feel taking the stairs during monsoon can be worth the try, isnt it? You can capture lots of nice pics.

Abhi
Old 24th March 2009, 15:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Wonderful pics Uday, I feel taking the stairs during monsoon can be worth the try, isnt it? You can capture lots of nice pics.

Abhi
Yes, Its worth a try. I have done it few times. Best time to climb up is the early mornings - 3 am or 4 am starts. You can reach the top in 4-5 hours. However, you will see only steps till Kali gopuram and from there on mostly slopes till you reach the roads where you need to share the road with the vehicles. From there again, a good number of steps starts. After these steps, there are only slopes and you can easily walk down. There is a big hanuman statue enroute.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Nice travalogue fellow Satyamites.Wishing you good luck and hope you all prayed for Satyam and its future too !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th March 2009, 21:29   #42
BHPian

AKRoy,

YES, monsoon is the best season to do some hiking from Tirupati to Tirumala. Most of the walking portion is covered with cement slab and there shouldnt be any probs even if it is raining heavily.
Old 25th March 2009, 00:52   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, even i climbed up the stairs in Nov'08 and each time i climb those 7 hills, i find them increasingly difficult to complete. Perhaps, age is catching up.

But, when you finally reach Tirumala, it is pure ecstatic feeling and the feeling of tiredness just vanishes ( maybe with a little help of Combiflam..LOL)

I really need to dig out my pictures and start that photoblog on Tirupathi.
Old 25th March 2009, 07:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I really need to dig out my pictures and start that photoblog on Tirupathi.
Avi, you did this too . Well, then please post the pics ASAP. You must have captured some breathtaking views while walking up isnt it?

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks