Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:57   #91
BHPian

Hi...Awesome travelogue
Awaiting pics of your Karnataka leg journey..!
Cheers.!
Drive Safe.!
Old 23rd March 2010, 04:14   #92
Senior - BHPian

@ Buz - Nice to hear that even you've done this stretch , which car did you do it on? Do you have a TL on that? I too am looking forward for leaves to do my dream trip - Delhi - Leh-Delhi

@sameern85 - Thanks for the compliment buddy , i should have finished it long time back but as they say it's never too late. Unfortunately those are the only pics that i have of the Karnataka ( i'l try and look for the pictures taken by my phone cam though )
Old 23rd March 2010, 06:03   #93
BHPian

Hi Harish,
Which city was your last destination before you headed back towards Delhi, in karnataka?
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:25   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Hi Harish,
Which city was your last destination before you headed back towards Delhi, in karnataka?

Belgaum was the only place i visited in Karnataka.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:00   #95
BHPian

Wlcome to Belgaum, Hope you will enjoy your stay in Town. It took you almost a year to reach here.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:07   #96
BHPian

hey nice trip description and lovely pics there !!! which tyres are u running on the sparky ??
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:55   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
Wlcome to Belgaum, Hope you will enjoy your stay in Town. It took you almost a year to reach here.
Ha Ha ,you bet. BTW this was not the first time in belgaum for me , i really liked the warmth of that city.

It's nice to see a BHPian from Belgaum , i also got an opportunity to take a ride in a Merc ( my cousins friends merc ). It was a blue diesel E220 imported from Germany ( LHD ) and according to him it was the 3rd or 4th Merc in town.

He's sold the car now , did you by any chance see this merc.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:14   #98
buz
BHPian

[quote=harishnayak;1797596]@ Buz - Nice to hear that even you've done this stretch , which car did you do it on? Do you have a TL on that? I too am looking forward for leaves to do my dream trip - Delhi - Leh-Delhi

Harish - I have owned only one car till date since 2004, a black Opel Corsa 1.6 GLS. Haven't really gotten down to writing a TL on that as yet. In a nutshell, the roads were awesome till about some point between Bhilwara and Chanderia on NH 79 (or was it 76) and between Surat and Bharuch on NH8. In fact, we could have done the whole trip in a day but we decided to stop at Udaipur and Ahmedabad on the way for sight seeing and visiting relatives and therefore day drove for 3 days. The experience, needless to say, was amazing! And you are right about the Ahd-Baroda expressway - it is the only highway in India where I have seen a car speed limit set to 100 kmph

Attaching a pic for this
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Karnataka - Delhi on Spark-dsc00079.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 06:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
hey nice trip description and lovely pics there !!! which tyres are u running on the sparky ??

Currently im running her on Apollo Aceller.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:43   #100
Senior - BHPian

My cousins wife left for mangalore with his son in the evening after meeting us and he called over few of his friends at his place and we had lots of fun. You know what BOYS do when the WOMEN are not around.

We woke up early next morning at 6:00 and were inside our car at 7:00 am and decided to stop next only at indore where i had a branch office and quite a few friends who had moved there from Delhi.

We started off on our 1100kms journey after bidding adieu to our cousin
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Karnataka - Delhi on Spark-100_2069.jpg  

Old 13th April 2010, 10:39   #101
Senior - BHPian

It's taken me a long time to finish this TL now but am going to wrap it up this time.

The sad part of every trip is when you're heading back home and the feeling was no different for me and my Bro which is why we kept on driving continiously towards Mumbai and most of the times the speeds were well above 140kmph. I also spotted a KA regisered raid Zypsy ( maybe was heading home after the raid )

Starte from Belgaum at 7:00 am and were in Mumbai at 12:30 and wondering whether to stop over or move on to Indore and decided on the latter one.

I called up my friend in Indore and asked him to make arrangements for dinner. the worst part which i'm sure no BHPian has done was crossing the CHAMBAL ki GHAATI ( very infamous for the notorious robbers ) at 12: 30 am.

Initially we didn't know what we were getting into cos the roads suddenly turned deserted with no vehicles or lights till eternity. After about 20 mins of driving alone we reached a check post with about 20 trucks parked along with a tavera and Omni.

We knew something was fishy and that made me get down and ask the cop why they had put the barrier and so many vehicles parked ( shabbily dressed cop ) and that was when we knew that we were in middle of the CHAMBAL KI GHAATI.

They had stopped these vehicles to make a entourage in order to avoid vehicle robbery. The cop also told us that it's very dangerous and there are very less chances that we would get help in case something goes wrong but since gutsy guys that we are we decided to move on. Our only hope was following the Tavera almost bumper to bumper cos the trucks were moving at 30 kmph and it would have taken ages to finish that stretch.

After following the Tavera bumper to bumper for about 45 mins we reached a village which had few light thus announcing that the Ghats were over. We took a sigh of relief and moved on towards indore reaching there at around 2:30 am.

Had a nice and well deserved non-veg dinner and went to bed..phew we were dead ducks by then..around 20 hours of almost non-stop driving.

next morning after visiting my office's Indore branch we left for Delhi around 11:45 am and hit Delhi after a torturous Indore gwalior stretch ( almost bent the alloys..the roads were that bad ). We reached Delhi around 2:00 am ( 14 hours ).

Attached are few pics

*****ON THAT NOTE I END THE TL HERE..HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED IT S-L-O-W-L-Y*****
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip : Delhi - Karnataka - Delhi on Spark-100_2071.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Karnataka - Delhi on Spark-100_2075.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Karnataka - Delhi on Spark-100_2076.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Karnataka - Delhi on Spark-100_2078.jpg  

Road trip : Delhi - Karnataka - Delhi on Spark-100_2079.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by harishnayak : 13th April 2010 at 10:42. Reason: Missed the pics
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:31   #102
BHPian

Harish that's a darn cool trip man. So when's the next one planned ? And which place did you like the best on your entire trip ?
Old 4th July 2010, 13:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Harish that's a darn cool trip man. So when's the next one planned ? And which place did you like the best on your entire trip ?

Thanks Dude!! Just did the next one amongst other long trips. I liked the drive to Lonavla..beautiful place This time its was Del-Goa-Del in my Alto and few other road trips

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...hopefully.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...shno-devi.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...elhi-alto.html
Old 24th May 2014, 12:28   #104
BHPian

Re: Road trip : Delhi - Karnataka - Delhi on Spark

Read two of your threads today. The first one about your love affair with your alto and the second one about this awesome trip to goa. Threads like these makes tbhp what it is. Also your unbiased opinion on cars, (some one asked about spark vs alto) your right attitude towards accepting your mistake (about the rash driving during the fifth accident with the alto) and exciting travelogue (through chambal valley at night 12:30 AM) makes both the threads worth reading. Keep driving and keep sharing.

By the way, you shared very detailed pics. It's a good thing that you have all your pics/videos stored in picasa. :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks