Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:22   #166
Senior - BHPian

@Suman - your thread is making it more and more difficult for me to control my emotions as we still have 45 days to go before we leave for Leh and these pics are making me wanna leave right away.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 23rd June 2009 at 17:24.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:33   #167
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
So you've finally decided to give Nubra and Tso-moriri a miss? Anyway, there is always a next time he he.
That's exactly what we thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
we still have 45 days to go before we leave for Leh and these pics are making me wanna leave right away.
I think you should leave right away - the scenery may change dramatically 45 days from now

Last edited by suman : 23rd June 2009 at 17:36.
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:19   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

Next day was our Pangong Tso visit...

The rest of the day passed off fairly uneventfully & we did call it an early night since it was going to be a long haul the next day
This part I'm really interested in. Chang La is probably the mightiest pass of all, very steep climb, lotta snow and pathetic road. Please do provide updates on this route: especially the climb up & down the pass, and the road conditions thereafter.
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:28   #169
Senior - BHPian

Chang La, ohh the mighty Chang La and yeah mighty it is. We had quite a few scares of rear loosing traction and going sideways while climbing Chang La that morning. It was raining snows that time, dark was the weather and the vehicle was finding it's too tough to climb, we thought that we won't be able to cross it, but we did. Going down was a breeze compared to the up. I want to go there again. Why Bangalore is so far away from the Himalayas :-(
Eagerly waiting for Suman's experience, come on, don't make it as slow as the climb towards Chang La he he.
BTW, I still think that you should've gone to Nubra Valley, many people give it a miss but it worth every pain to go there.
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:35   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, I still think that you should've gone to Nubra Valley, many people give it a miss but it worth every pain to go there.
Of course!
But why would you do a repeat trip if you covered it all the first time?!
The sub-conscious tells you very loud and clear to hold something back so that there is a VALID excuse to plan the next foray!
Tso Moriri, Tso Kar, Hanle, Suru, Zanskar, Dah/Hanu, Marsimik La, Wari La .... heck the list can keep you happily occupied for many years ......
Old 24th June 2009, 09:24   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Of course!
But why would you do a repeat trip if you covered it all the first time?!
Exactly! And your sms was the clincher, so to speak, that morning
Quote:
Chang La, ohh the mighty Chang La and yeah mighty it is. We had quite a few scares of rear loosing traction and going sideways while climbing Chang La that morning. It was raining snows that time, dark was the weather and the vehicle was finding it's too tough to climb, we thought that we won't be able to cross it, but we did.
Yes, mighty it is, no doubt about that. But we didn't have any issues with traction etc - 4H & 4L, remember

Last edited by suman : 24th June 2009 at 09:26.
Old 24th June 2009, 10:02   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think you should leave right away - the scenery may change dramatically 45 days from now
Well i am not left with a choice now. I know the scenery will change, my bad.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 24th June 2009 at 10:03.
Old 24th June 2009, 12:00   #173
BHPian

Chang La - It brings back one of the best memories from our trip. Remember, Relax Tea Point! What more can you ask for than a cup of piping hot tea in freezing temperatures?

Here is a pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Better Leh'd than Never - a 3,004 kms round trip of a lifetime!-heavenly-nectar-chang-la-top.....jpg  

Old 24th June 2009, 13:02   #174
Senior - BHPian

Dada,

The opening speech has been amazing. Finance guys seldom have journalistic capabilities, but you seem to be an exception.

You may take this as a compliment, but the Rebel seems to have been put to very good use. The Pangong Tso picture with the cloud's shadow over the mountains along with the deep blue colour of the water has been captured beautifully. Was that the Missus shooting or you?

Quote:
It was something that we'd been talking about for a long, long time.

Attachment 148995
Old 24th June 2009, 13:14   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
You may take this as a compliment, but the Rebel seems to have been put to very good use. The Pangong Tso picture with the cloud's shadow over the mountains along with the deep blue colour of the water has been captured beautifully. Was that the Missus shooting or you?
Thank you Dada, coming from you that's one hell of a compliment

That picture was shot by Missus! We all went berserk at Pangong Tso, as you will see from the next instalment. Just kept on clicking. And clicking. My son clicked 43 pics from the Powershot that he was carrying. LOL!!!
Old 24th June 2009, 13:19   #176
Team-BHP Support

Suman, you better put in the next installment before the site moves! Atleast we will be able to enjoy the pics. You have entire today afternoon. You can start taking care of things like work etc., from tomorrow, till then , think of TBHP as your work.
Old 24th June 2009, 13:34   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finance guys seldom have journalistic capabilities, but you seem to be an exception.

You may take this as a compliment, ....
LOL, what a delightful generalization!

Men of Finance, unsheathe your swords!!
Old 24th June 2009, 13:46   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Dada,

The opening speech has been amazing. Finance guys seldom have journalistic capabilities, but you seem to be an exception.
With the sheer intention of curiousity and not with the objective of hi-jacking the thread and taking any of the pleasure away, GD bhai, when do we get to see your opening speech.

Usko dil sey nikalo aur yahan par daalo
Old 24th June 2009, 14:05   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Suman, you better put in the next installment before the site moves! Atleast we will be able to enjoy the pics.
I will see what I can do but its high time you did away with the 30 picture restriction; it would help us post travelogues a lot faster if we didn't have to figure out where to stop the rhetoric because we crossed the 30 image limit

Last edited by suman : 24th June 2009 at 14:07.
Old 24th June 2009, 14:10   #180
BHPian

This entire travelogue truly justifies your signature - "Back from the trip of a lifetime". Am sure that it indeed is a trip of a life time and the visuals are so stunning, that everyone of would want to visit this place. I hope to do that one day. Great stuff and I waiting to see more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks