Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 23:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a fantastic trip. Great pictures and hats off to you for capturing wildlife so well.

Cheers,
Old 9th July 2009, 23:17   #32
BHPian

Did u stayed inside the Nagarhole Jungle ? If so then can u give the Contact details and available option there.
Old 9th July 2009, 23:38   #33
BHPian

Fantastic photography Sir. Of course, with 100-400 lens, it is naturally expected (read wildlife photography). The pics are eye treat to watch.

I loved the Panorama very much. Seems you are the king of panoramas. I have seen your panoramas of Nallamala forest too. Thanks a lot for sharing the pics and trip

The break failure event is scary.
Old 10th July 2009, 00:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Great pics and write up Fazal bhai.You are one adventurous lot.
Old 10th July 2009, 07:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Hillram, Thanks, we are adventurous but only second to you and your Gazal group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Fantastic photography Sir. Of course, with 100-400 lens, it is naturally expected (read wildlife photography). The pics are eye treat to watch.
I loved the Panorama very much. Seems you are the king of panoramas. I have seen your panoramas of Nallamala forest too. Thanks a lot for sharing the pics and trip

Ravi,
Thank you and yes the 100-400, well without it the reach would not be possible at all neither the quality, It is my lifeline see how I clutch it in all conditions, like a baby is held by its mother, notice in the jungle and bird sanctuary the drizzle which was most irritating for me and poison for the equipment. No complaints it was not a studio shoot anyways.
The brake failure was not as scary in reality as it was detected early and we always have Devidas who is very experienced and does not take chances, and Thanks for the title too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Seems like a fantastic trip. Great pictures and hats off to you for capturing wildlife so well.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra,
Thankyou, it was definetely a wonderful trip, the pure scent of the forest is enough to take you on a high and the oxygen levels ensure that you do not tire out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams View Post
Fazal Sahab, Brilliant Pictures, the visuals leave you spellbound by their beauty. Thanks for posting the pics, its pics like these that fuel the nature lover's passion and spark the interest in the uninitiated
Shams,
Thankyou again, I hope there are many more who would walk the wildlife side, As you are aware this is the last of what we are seeing and our rapidly dwindling wildlife scenario is overlooked by the ones who can and could make a difference.

Best Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
All usual very beautiful pictures! The nature's beauty comes comes really well through your pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Hillram, Thanks, we are adventurous but only second to you and your Gazal group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post

Ravi,
Thank you and yes the 100-400, well without it the reach would not be possible at all neither the quality, It is my lifeline see how I clutch it in all conditions, like a baby is held by its mother, notice in the jungle and bird sanctuary the drizzle which was most irritating for me and poison for the equipment. No complaints it was not a studio shoot anyways.
The brake failure was not as scary in reality as it was detected early and we always have Devidas who is very experienced and does not take chances, and Thanks for the title too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post

Cheers,
Ravveendrra,
Thankyou, it was definetely a wonderful trip, the pure scent of the forest is enough to take you on a high and the oxygen levels ensure that you do not tire out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams View Post
Fazal Sahab, Brilliant Pictures, the visuals leave you spellbound by their beauty. Thanks for posting the pics, its pics like these that fuel the nature lover's passion and spark the interest in the uninitiated
Shams,
Thankyou again, I hope there are many more who would walk the wildlife side, As you are aware this is the last of what we are seeing and our rapidly dwindling wildlife scenario is overlooked by the ones who can and could make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
All usual very beautiful pictures! The nature's beauty comes comes really well through your pictures.

MC
,Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Best Regards,

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th July 2009 at 17:30. Reason: Merging posts
Old 10th July 2009, 09:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

...in continuation,

In a high state of alert, as there was an alarm call from the right direction about 1 kilometer away. Deers prefer to be in open areas where they can have better visibility of danger from afar and like to be in the company of Langur's (as it has the advantage of a ariel view of the forest, Langur is an alert sentry and has the capability of an early warning system in case of any predatory ambush).
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-alarm-call.jpg
Serene, when relaxed.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-serenity.jpg
Gaur bull, it stands 6 feet at shoulder.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-bull-gaur.jpg
A brief halt in the forest.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-halt.jpg
The endless lush green forest, envisage what it will be at the end of the monsoon season.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-creepers.jpg
Use your imagination.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-imagine.jpg
Open billed stork, chick. the incessant drizzle was bad for the equipment, also we were constrained to shoot at low shutter speeds due to low light conditions at the bird sanctuary.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-open-billed-stork.jpg
Painted stork closeup.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-painted-stork.jpg

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 10th July 2009 at 10:06.
Old 10th July 2009, 10:03   #37
NIP
Senior - BHPian

nice pics fazal. thanks for sharing. you have planned this trip in the wrong time of the year for spotting wildlife, but its fantastic to see the forests now and travel in this weather waiting for more...
Old 10th July 2009, 10:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
nice pics fazal. thanks for sharing. you have planned this trip in the wrong time of the year for spotting wildlife, but its fantastic to see the forests now and travel in this weather waiting for more...
NIP,
Surely it was the wrong time of the year, we took our chances as monsoons were delayed in this part of South, but were late by just two days, as we were monitoring the weather there before we left Hyderabad at very regular intervals. Except for the Tiger and Panther, and of course the Nagarhole elephants which were on their migration to Madumalai forest, we more or less sighted a good number of species beyond our expectations considering the change in weather and new forest cover.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Simply fabulous. Super crisp photography. The pictures were like taking me throught the journey itself. A very rare photologue with such good wildlife photos on this forum.
When does the park open next?... after the monsoon..?

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,

J
Old 10th July 2009, 16:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Simply fabulous. Super crisp photography. The pictures were like taking me throught the journey itself. A very rare photologue with such good wildlife photos on this forum.
When does the park open next?... after the monsoon..?
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
J
J,
Sharing the experience in pictures and text wit you guys on the forum was my pleasure. Thank you and all for your kind comments.
The park opens in December, but the best chance of Tiger sighting is from April-May, that is when we plan to be there again.
Regards,
Old 10th July 2009, 16:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Have been silently following this thread, admiring the amazing pics until now.
Beautiful pics from the wild!

I hope there are more to come!
Old 10th July 2009, 17:32   #42
Team-BHP Support

Super stuff Fazal. Your very first opening shot of panoramic view is great.

So more to come I suppose..
Old 10th July 2009, 17:39   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Fazal, i am surprised that i missed seeing this travelogue. But as they say better late than never. You love for the wildlife is truly salutable. Amazing photography and the animals are standing out in those lush green background.

I am sure you must have got totally rejevunated and oxygenated after this trip. Look forward to more pictures which seems to be the popular demand on this thread.
Old 11th July 2009, 12:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

I think you meant re-gurgitating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
FROM THE BIRD SANCTUARY.

White Ibis feeding its chick by re vegetating.
Old 11th July 2009, 12:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

....in continuation,

Directions from there to here and here to there.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-board.jpg
Another view of our Nagarahole forest bunglow, notice the felled trees in the foreground are the work of tuskers, done much earlier.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-guesthouse.jpg
View from standing position in the Gypsy .
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-into-forest.jpg
White Ibis in flight.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-ibis-flight.jpg
Gaur head, blur is due to the head movement.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-bull-head.jpg
Basking Croc, in bird park.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-basking-croc.jpg
Sambars, semi-alert. I noticed that Sambar's here are different from their species elsewhere in appearance, the ones here have a soft, short and dark brown coat as compared to lighter, longer and coarser coat of their species in India.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-sambars.jpg
This is the same view of the waterhole from machan #1 (posted earlier) shot at wide angle from a different camera. Notice there's no rain at this time.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-waterhole-wide.jpg
Parked in the shadows of a bamboo grove, we were so quiet that whispers too are a give away, hand signals are used to communicate with each other. This pair of fawns totally oblivious to our presence stroll along.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-youngsters.jpg
Shot from machan #1, just below four females drink the freshly collected rain water, again our presence totally undetected.
Hyd-Bandipur-Madumalai-Nagarhole-4-deers.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks