Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 22:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
oh, it is a pity that you could not see the mighty jog falls.

but i am sure you would have enjoyed the mansoon drive.
most importantly, the kids would have enojyed the picnic
Please read from beginning and see Mj's pic. We could not see from one angle. But we went on to top of falls and saw the falls. Pls follow this thread for more pics.
Old 20th July 2009, 23:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Srini, you put a post in travelogue without single pics , infact 2 post!

Just kidding.

Here some more pics for the day two.

Our Rides

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9729.jpg

My Ride, on the way to Jog

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9746.jpg

When we reach the Jog falls, it was heavily raining. My son was in srini's Ikon and so he went to the main place of Jog with Srini. I wanted to view the jog from British Bunglow side. Thanks to Lalu's direction.

When you go to Jog falls, you have a bridge that connect to the other side of the falls. This is the usual route people take. There is also one more route (infact many) that leads you to the falls itself. One such route is around 2 KMs after you pass the bridge without crossing it.

One big problem here is parking. Litereally no place to park and people park it as they like. So, sometimes it becomes too difficult to take your car when you want to.

Me, my wife and daugther went to and parked our vehicle in there. There are some steps to a view point. From there you do have a good view of falls. But people dont stop with that. They go beyond the steps, get into the rocks and peep in down the falls. Quite dangerous, but young blood. Who can say anything?

We also tried to get to some distance near. But since I had kid with me, do not want to go further.

Within few meters, the soil was too lose due to heavy rain. Many people lost there shoes since it got stuck heavily in to it. My wife sandal was also got stuck. But not so bad. We were able to recover it without tearing apart. Saved a shopping day! lol..

Foot (wear) prints!!!

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9761.jpg

When we went there, at first we saw the same mist. Although we were let down by that, thought it will clear. Luckily it did clear for some time to time.

And here you go, with the pics...

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9770.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9771.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9773.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9790.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9794.jpg

This is the first round of pics we could get.
Old 20th July 2009, 23:06   #18
BHPian

Jog in its full glory,

Last edited by swastikviji : 20th July 2009 at 23:09.
Old 20th July 2009, 23:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Jog in its full glory,
Yes, you are right. We have already said in our posts.
Old 20th July 2009, 23:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Couple of photos one after toll naaka near Tumkur road and yummy "thatte idly".

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01242.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01245.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01246.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01249.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01250.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01252.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01253.jpg
Old 21st July 2009, 00:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

The Mighty JOG FALLS in its full splendor...

Here are some of the pics of Jog falls. Enjoy maadi. Will post some mroe tomorrow or rather today...Its already mid night.

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01363.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01365.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01366.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01367.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01369.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01371.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01374.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01375.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01376.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01377.jpg
Old 21st July 2009, 07:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Since there was no signal in phone, I was unable to inform Srini about my whereabouts. So, after seeing the Jog, we decided to leave to the other side. When we were approaching our car, we noticed srini family coming.

Then started out second round of Jog visit.

My wife & kid rested in front of the Bungalow while me and Srini family went to the falls. Now, since I did not had kid, I was able to see much more glory of the falls.

Here you go...

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9800.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9801.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9808.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9812.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9815.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9822.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9824.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9825.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-img_9835.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-jogpano1.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-singlefalspano2.jpg
Old 21st July 2009, 08:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
So, it is jog falls, simple.

You guys post some teaser pics and then vanish for two days. This is not fair.
Post the travelogue ASAP.
Mjothi,
That's definitely is not fair!
And to add to that you put in a pic. of a teaser idli??????
Excellent place and well captured in photographs, the fulll length of the falls needed a wider lens.
Great treat to the eyes especially for us rain starved guys.
Regards,
Old 21st July 2009, 08:55   #24
BHPian

This is amazing stuff people. Great narration and truly splendid pictures.
Old 21st July 2009, 09:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

@srini,
Its nice pic of yours in third pic in post no 21.
You look so....... in that ladies cap.

@MJOTHI,
nice pics and travelogue.
Old 21st July 2009, 10:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Now i can see the mighty Jog falls
thanks for sharing the photographs
it is indeed fabulous view if one is watching with own eyes
Old 21st July 2009, 12:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

The jog continued...

You can see the hanging bridge and the mavina falls. This is to the other side of the jog falls (opposite side). Next to this falls, there is a power generation unit (Hydel Power)....

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01378.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01382.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01399.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01404.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01405.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01413.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01416.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01417.jpg

Off to experience some exotic view in rains with 2 families-2 days trip-dsc01421.jpg

More to come...
Old 21st July 2009, 12:41   #28
BHPian

The Sharavathy Valley is heaven on earth in monsoons; in-fact otherwise as well. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:40   #29
BHPian

well written travelogue, looks like you guys enjoyed inspite of the rains,
nice pics srini and MJ, keep them coming
Old 21st July 2009, 16:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

You guys r really lucky to see the downpour.we went in the month of sept. last year,it was really like cat P****** from top of it.
my bad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks