Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 15:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

A nice T-Logue.Well written and well backed up by the pictures.

One logic that I have been trying to figure out during all my trips is that while going from Hyd-Srisailam,they make you enter your car number etc and collect the customary unofficial INR10.

But while driving from Srisailam to Hyd there is no log of the car entering or leaving the forest and neither is any unofficial toll collected.Funny are the ways of the route
Old 16th September 2009, 16:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
A nice T-Logue.Well written and well backed up by the pictures.

One logic that I have been trying to figure out during all my trips is that while going from Hyd-Srisailam,they make you enter your car number etc and collect the customary unofficial INR10.

But while driving from Srisailam to Hyd there is no log of the car entering or leaving the forest and neither is any unofficial toll collected.Funny are the ways of the route
Hi Ranjit,
Thanks for the appreciation.
BTW did you anytime pay the customary unofficial 10 bucks? I didn't pay them anything.Just mentioned my car details, the official noted it down and that's it. The same happened at the 2nd gate while going.
My logic is that they have record of every vehicle going through, so that is why they don't stop them while returning.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:14   #33
BHPian

I heard there is a way to reach a place on the boat to see a small cave having shiv mandir. I do not recollect the place name....
Old 16th September 2009, 17:03   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
My logic is that they have record of every vehicle going through, so that is why they don't stop them while returning.
Exactly, why would you want to do double work of striking off a car that is already logged in on its return. That's the way of government laziness.
Old 16th September 2009, 17:14   #35
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
I heard there is a way to reach a place on the boat to see a small cave having shiv mandir. I do not recollect the place name....
Its called Akka Mahadevi. You need to go to the ropeway close to the temple and usually the ride starts around 9 am. By the time the boat comes back in its invariably 2pm or 3pm so plan this trip if you have an extra day for other sightseeing around Srisailam
Old 16th September 2009, 17:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ranjit,
Thanks for the appreciation.
BTW did you anytime pay the customary unofficial 10 bucks? I didn't pay them anything.Just mentioned my car details, the official noted it down and that's it. The same happened at the 2nd gate while going.
haha quite some logic.yes i did pay them once,the guy at the gate was blatant enough to ask me that.but this logic does not work,because there is an entry into srisailam side from Kurnool and many vehicles take the kurnool-srisailam-hyd route,so this means those vehicles never get logged.quite a lapse
Old 16th September 2009, 17:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Its called Akka Mahadevi. You need to go to the ropeway close to the temple and usually the ride starts around 9 am. By the time the boat comes back in its invariably 2pm or 3pm so plan this trip if you have an extra day for other sightseeing around Srisailam
How is this boat ride because the one I took at NSD left me fulle bored. Is visiting the cave worthwhile? What all is there to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
haha quite some logic.yes i did pay them once,the guy at the gate was blatant enough to ask me that.but this logic does not work,because there is an entry into srisailam side from Kurnool and many vehicles take the kurnool-srisailam-hyd route,so this means those vehicles never get logged.quite a lapse
Ranjit, you should have blatantly shrugged him off.Anyways why spoil you mood over 10 bucks.
Ain't there any checkposts for entry into Srisailam from Kurnool side, I am asking because I have not taken that route? But if it's there then I think till the time they have record of all the vehicles entering the area, they really are not bothered who left or stays back.Avoiding double entry or probably they just struck off your vehicles detail when you are exiting even without you noticing it
Old 16th September 2009, 19:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Good travelogues.One thing I would suggest is while travelling to Srisailam after crossing the dam should visit Sikaram (shiva temple) on the Guntur highway first then visit Srisailam temple.After completion while coming back there is small temple for Lord Ganesha called shakshi Ganapathy and this temple has also to be visited.It completes the journey to Srisailam.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
One thing I would suggest is while travelling to Srisailam after crossing the dam should visit Sikaram (shiva temple) on the Guntur highway first then visit Srisailam temple.After completion while coming back there is small temple for Lord Ganesha called shakshi Ganapathy and this temple has also to be visited.It completes the journey to Srisailam.
Hi Gajadonga, where exactly would this Sikaram temple be on the Guntur highway.Also if you can give the location details of the shakshi temple too.May be I didn't notice it while coming back. Is it on way to Kurnool or hyderabad?
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ain't there any checkposts for entry into Srisailam from Kurnool side, I am asking because I have not taken that route?
Yes, there is one after Dornala, where the ghat road begins. The ghat road is more scenic than the one from Hyd side.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:24   #41
Team-BHP Support

Nice pictures, esp. the dam. Do they allow to snap photos for the dam? Many places its not allowed.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yes, there is one after Dornala, where the ghat road begins. The ghat road is more scenic than the one from Hyd side.
I remember the ghat roads to kurnool from srisailam. I had once gone to srisailam in March 2008 and while returning we went straight instead of taking left to hyderabad near that Hanuman statue. we went 40kms ahead and then came back same way to take the correct route. It was really more scenic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice pictures, esp. the dam. Do they allow to snap photos for the dam? Many places its not allowed.
Obviously you can click from a distance, you are not allowed to pass through it though.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Last time when I was going to Kurnool from Srisailam I had to stop at this check post and enter the vechicle details, after that I was asked to pay Rs.10/-, paid and left as I was in a hurry, didnt check what that was for.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

How much is the total distance from Hyderabad to Srisailam via Kurnool ?
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:00   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much is the total distance from Hyderabad to Srisailam via Kurnool ?
Via. Kurnool? Why?

From Kurnool it will take around 5 hours via Atmakur and Doranala. So it should be around 200kms or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks