Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 16:19   #76
Senior - BHPian

Since it is very much the norm there to park on the pavements, it must be legal - though can't say for sure.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
That's a "Seat" - don't recall which model though.

And the tenth snap reminds me of the first gen M800!
It's a Seat Leon Mk2.

Cheers
Old 10th December 2009, 16:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

All of a sudden i became excited looking at the sandero.Credit goes to james May from top gear i guess.
arjunrudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 07:05   #79

Re: The Serbian car scene - You have it all here.

Hahahahaaaaaaaa

nice thread! Very nice thread, indeed! Most of the pictures here were shoot in my neighborhood. Since I am from Belgrade, Serbia, maybe I can shed some light about the matter.

I don't remember all of the question from previous posts, and I will try to answer as many as I can. And here's the situation now. Yes, parking on pavements is forbidden but we still park whenever there is no police in on sight. Now we have police tow trucks that will "steal" your car if they find it on the pavement and the fine (or retribution, as we call it) is about 100 Euros.

Yes, we have almost all makes and models of cars from almost all parts of the world in range from 50 years old, up to cars that were made yesterday. Pictures here are from 6 years ago and now Belgrade traffic and diversity of cars is maybe even bigger.

There is a picture of small white car on page 5 and here says "10) is that a Fiat?" No, that is Serbian own car. Total product of masterminds in "Crvena zastava" (Red flag), Serbian car industry in town of Kragujevac. That car we call Yugo (models 45, 55, 65, Koral, cabrio). In fact the same car from 1980 only facelifted every couple of years. Out of production from 2008. Small piece of sh*** to be honest. But it was cheap and parts were cheap, and you needed parts almost daily.

On couple of pictures there is also Zastava yugo (red one with trunk) but we call that car simply 128 because it is our make of Fiat 128. Previously we made our version of Fiat 128 but hatch and it is called Zastava 101 or simply Kec (an ace) or Stojadin. Same crap as our totally own Yugo only bigger (the car is bigger). Now Zastava produce Fiat 500, Fiat Punto or Zastava 10, Fiat 500L and Grande Punto.

On taxi you can find almost everything that run and have 4 doors. From new Mercedes to old Zastava 101 and Zastava 128. But now we have fancy buses, electric buses (trolley buses) and Spanish trams (that can't operate on all tram lines because when they bought them, nobody thought about radius of curves. Now they are changing about 250 km of tram tracks so that new trams can operate and solve all curves on all lines).

In the future, I will post new pictures from Serbian car scene since I find this thread amusing. Hope that you will enjoy pictures. Please ask whatever you like to know about Serbian traffic and car scene and I will answer as best as I can. In the mean time, this is my thread here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ri-serbia.html
scuba is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks