Team-BHP - Swifted : Bisle, Belur, Halebid, Chikmagalur, Kemmangundi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Swifted : Bisle, Belur, Halebid, Chikmagalur, Kemmangundi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/68046-swifted-bisle-belur-halebid-chikmagalur-kemmangundi-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 1564953)
agree:. Me and my Swift have been in a couple of offroad situations and both the times, my beauty has handled it well although she came out with a few rattles later on:D

I'm not happy with the stock tyres though. They're more like cycle tyres rather than car tyres

Great to know that. Surely Swift rocks!!

laluks --- I probably have surpassed you wrt the number of trips done in the last 12 months ;)

I started counting. And its astonishing to realise that we have done 15 trips in the last 12 months.
If i look back, each of them has been memorable and had exciting moments of its own.
I thought it would be good to doc down the list of the trips i have done from the past months and here it is:

June 2008:
Munnar -- Kumarakom -- Kochi -- Wayanad -- Bangalore

June 2008:
Bangalore -- Nanjingudu -- Gopalaswamy Betta

July 2008:
Bangalore -- Sringeri -- Agumbe -- MArawanthe (turtle bay resort) -- Udupi -- Charmadi

August to Nov 2008:
Seattle, Bellevue, Snoqualmie falls, Snoqualmie Peak (United States)

Dec 2008:
Bangalore -- Ooty -- Coonoor

Dec 2008:
Bangalore -- Siraguppa -- Hospet

Jan 2009:
Bangalore -- Kalasa -- Kudremukh -- Udupi -- Malpe -- Charmadi

Feb 2009:
Bangalore -- Sirsi -- Yana -- Kumta -- Karwar -- Panaji -- Ponda -- Dandeli -- Dharwad -- bangalore

March 2009:
Bangalore -- Arasikere (temple tour)

April to July 2009:
USA -- Seattle Pike place, Space Needle, Mt.Vernon Tulip festival, Snoqualmie falls, SNQ peak, Mt.Rainier National Park, Portland, Pacific beach, Beoing factory, Wahakeena Falls, Multnomaoh falls, kirkland....

July 2009:
Bangalore -- Gajanur dam -- Theerthalli -- Vihangama Holiday Resort -- Agumbe view point -- Sringeri

August 2009:
Bangalore -- Nagarahole Reserve forest -- Kutta(Green Resort) -- Coffee plantation visits -- Iruppu falls -- Tholapetta sanctuary wildlife sighting safari

Sept 2009:
Bangalore -- Sagara -- Jog falls -- Farming at Sagara -- Temple tour -- Gudavi bird sanctuary

Sept 2009:
Bangalore -- Gopalaswamy betta -- Tiger Ranch Bandipur

October 2009:
Bangalore -- Madikeri -- Sampaje Ghats -- Bekal fort -- Mangalore -- Kollur -- Kodachadri peak(Jeap ride) -- Agumbe -- Bangalore

October 2009:
Bangalore -- Kudremukh -- Bhagavathi Nature camp -- Horanadu

Regards
Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramod (Post 1567129)
laluks --- I probably have surpassed you wrt the number of trips done in the last 12 months ;)

Pramod - congrats. I am not in for a competition :D.

I have listed only for 2009, and all of it has a log here at TBHP for you guys, and that makes me happy :I Rule:

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 1567382)
I have listed only for 2009, and all of it has a log here at TBHP, and that makes me happy :I Rule:

That makes us happy too. :D

Ha Ha, that makes us a happy crowd. Cheers

Wow Lalu, just finished reading through all the posts, as usual the Lalu touch is evident with the beautiful photos and excellent narration going through looking out for more from Belur and Halebid, especially the temple photographs, if you have been there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majic (Post 1569126)
Wow Lalu, just finished reading through all the posts, as usual the Lalu touch is evident with the beautiful photos and excellent narration going through looking out for more from Belur and Halebid, especially the temple photographs, if you have been there!

Thanks Majic.

A lot of photos from these temples are uploaded from post 95. Do you want still more :D

The more the (merrier) or better in this case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 1571842)
The more the (merrier) or better in this case.

In that case may be I have to go again :D

Let me check if I have some more good ones to share.

Amazing write up and brilliant pictures too! Just had one question : I was wondering if I can do this trip in my i10 (1.2 Kappa). Any help is sincerely appreciated...

Best regards,

Vamsi

Quote:

Originally Posted by prometheus1706 (Post 1660530)
Amazing write up and brilliant pictures too! Just had one question : I was wondering if I can do this trip in my i10 (1.2 Kappa). Any help is sincerely appreciated...

Best regards,

Vamsi

Thanks Vamsi.
Bisle ghats - You should be slow and careful and preferably in day light. Rest is no issues.

Happy New Year guys.

This is amazing travelogue. I completed this report in flat 3 hours without taking a break. Excellent coverage, wonderful pictures. The most important aspect is that, you take all of us through those places, like a virtual reality. Your writing is definitely a push to go out & explore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenjatti1 (Post 1668222)
This is amazing travelogue. I completed this report in flat 3 hours without taking a break. Excellent coverage, wonderful pictures. The most important aspect is that, you take all of us through those places, like a virtual reality. Your writing is definitely a push to go out & explore.

Thanks naveen.

Wishing you a happy new year and a hearty welcome to the forum.

laluks,

I must say one of the best threads i have read. You should seriously consider writing a book on your travel experiences.
BTW i am off to Chikmagalur this weekend. Since the trip schedule is packed (going for some personal work) i wanted to explore some places around Chikmagalur. I tried to get information on some other thread on this forum but got no response.

Got more than what i asked for from your narrations & photographs. Looking at the photographs i am planning another trip very soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajiv-Bang (Post 1704505)
laluks,

I must say one of the best threads i have read. You should seriously consider writing a book on your travel experiences.
BTW i am off to Chikmagalur this weekend. Since the trip schedule is packed (going for some personal work) i wanted to explore some places around Chikmagalur. I tried to get information on some other thread on this forum but got no response.

Got more than what i asked for from your narrations & photographs. Looking at the photographs i am planning another trip very soon.

Thanks Rajiv for the kind words :).
Good to know that you have got the needed information from the thread. Have a nice trip.