Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 21:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

nice pics!!
this is kinda of my dream drive which i had planned before.But im not able to execute it since im still studying and not much time to do this.

Hooked on for more pics
Old 28th October 2009, 21:23   #47
BHPian

Thank you guys for all your interest in a sober story so far, I promise more action but before I go ahead one quick question- how did you manage to get the pic against your name? I have a pic attached to my profile but it does not show up on my posts.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
Thank you guys for all your interest in a sober story so far, I promise more action but before I go ahead one quick question- how did you manage to get the pic against your name? I have a pic attached to my profile but it does not show up on my posts.
You have to use the pic as your Avatar to appear with your name.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
this is the Sissu PWD right?
We stayed at the same place.
How did you guys book the Rest House.

the locations looks out of the world.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:36   #50
BHPian

Now for the interesting part!

By now, I have lost count of days/time and just know how many KM we covered, but this morning was the most boring morning of the trip so far- I was completely down thinking of not being able to go forward and sulking like hell.

B finally broke the ice and starts the conversation "so.. do you think we should move on" " no macha, its late now (around 11 AM), not the best time to leave, forget it.. we really cant go half hearted".

M "see, if you want to then lets go, but think of it eveyone is saying dont and stuff like that, these guys are here all the time and they know what they talking about"

Me "dude, I know what I'm talkin about, exactly the reason I kept telling you about the bad roads and all the equipment we needed like boots and shovels, lets go as far as we can and return in case its not possible"

Ok- let's go!

M takes the wheels and we head back to the sign board where it says "Rohtang", I'm all excited again.. and just keeping my fingers crossed.

The roads out of Manali is good with some crazy scenery, its UN***** BELIVEABLE

Getting out of Manali
Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1332.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1327.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1328.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1331.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1336.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1341.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1345.jpg  

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1357.jpg  

Old 28th October 2009, 22:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hey SJ,

Nice crisp start. Please keep going.

You seem to have stayed at the same hotel as in Manali. Was it infront of National Zoological /BotanicalPark and behind Johnson Cafe.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:39   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
How did you guys book the Rest House.

the locations looks out of the world.
Hang in there Sunny.. the answer to your question will be there soon, sorry bud- don't want to kill the suspense.

By the way- I have set foot/tyre in your city on the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey SJ,

Nice crisp start. Please keep going.

You seem to have stayed at the same hotel as in Manali. Was it infront of National Zoological /BotanicalPark and behind Johnson Cafe.

Yep MC, you got that rite, the interior was good, looks like recently done up but nothing great about this place, this was the most boring place we stayed in during the journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
You have to use the pic as your Avatar to appear with your name.
Gotcha FE- I wanted to hold back posting more till I got an answer for that.. just checking to see if folks are interested!

Moderator's Note:
Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Use the multi-quote option instead. Thanks.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th October 2009 at 22:45. Reason: Note Inline
Old 29th October 2009, 10:20   #53
Senior - BHPian

All of us are eagerly waiting to know how far you made from the Rohtang sign board
Old 29th October 2009, 18:05   #54
BHPian

Say your prayers- its ROHTANG

I used to always wonder why a certain place is called "pass", from looking up the maps it looks like at this juncture the roads split, now I realize... A "pass" is the highest point you get to before climbing down again to reach civilizations in between two mountain ranges.

Rohtang is the first pass you come across, its at a height of about 5000mts, before I move ahead some more pics on the way to Rohtang, this is probably still 35 km before Rohtang when all looks good and you are enjoying Nature's calm and warmth and magnificent sorroundings. If you observe the pics the shade of green is magical here... or is it calm before the storm situation??? read on..

Seeing snow peak for the first time... awesome feeling!

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1352.jpg

On the way here, though the roads are good.. you don't find much place to park on the side and enjoy the view, we found this spot by chance, saw a guy standing alone with his swift parked close by, wondering what he was doing alone there...his female companion had gone down the gorge you see.. she was not visible when we came close to him and parked up and this amazing location.

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1371.jpg

Need I say anything here guys!

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1375.jpg

The roads start cracking up from here on..

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1374.jpg

See.. no hairpin bends but curvy roads

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1381.jpg

By now, I think D was sensing the trouble he was getting into.. I kept getting shocks every now and then from him when I touched his doors or any metal part (static)

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1383.jpg

Make note.. simply means you finished the happy times get ready for Chaos.

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1386.jpg

That's where we headed.. we had'nt realized it yet.

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1387.jpg
Old 29th October 2009, 18:59   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
- Beautiful pic of a disgusting habbit, M is someone who just doesnt mind getting down and marking his teritory.. he owes me one for giving him an oppurtunity to do it all over India!
I think M is there in post # 29 - fourth picture - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1552457

He was busy in marking his teritory and you were busy in keeping a record of it.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:17   #56
BHPian

Traffic Jams? belive it!

This was suprising, jam in Himalaya!!! well- BRO tends to close the roads to clear stones that may cause landslides... I'm sure you all know this is very common here. from here on there is no "Road" guys, its just a path that you need to follow with little or no tarmac. The pictures you see are still the peaceful part of the journey.

The roads remain closed for half hour intervals during multiple times of the day, you will sign boards letting you know about the intervals as well.

But we were not complaining.. check out why

The most scenic jam I've been in!

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1393.jpg

Waiting D

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1390.jpg

I see, Bolero campers/800!/Santro/OMINI!!!!/Alto?????? and a Truck, must be God driving that one!

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1397.jpg

Ahh, missed this in the previous post OHC, we saw him till Rohtang but not after that, a MH guy. I hope he went back in one piece.

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1354.jpg

M and I

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1416.jpg

Traffic has moved on leaving D feeling lonely

Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1408.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Can't talk right now Ma, busy in a critical meeting - Trip to Rohtang-dscn1399.jpg  

Old 29th October 2009, 19:24   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
I think M is there in post # 29 - fourth picture - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1552457

He was busy in marking his teritory and you were busy in keeping a record of it.
Pun intended Irish dude.. we have even nicknamed him "leakesh" the pic like I said is to remind him of the oppurtunity he has had!
Old 29th October 2009, 19:50   #58
BHPian

Kesar/Shilajith anyone?

The blocks usually last for half hour, and this is the time you see hawkers, one dude came up to us and started showing all these ayurvedic stuff Kesar/Shilajith etc etc, this guy would just not stop talking, I knew about Kesar was pretty costly back home and this guy wanted to sell a pretty decent quantity for about 500 bucks, I wanted it for 100 and finally settled for 250... felt pretty good about it and moved on as we went up and stopped at other blocks we see similar hawkers coming up to us.. we told one of them, "dekho, neeche liya- 50 mein.. tum kitne me do ge?" pat came the response "40 mein ley lo bhaiyaji" !!!!!!!!!! WTH. So- beware, dont jump and buy things at the first sight.

But still, I got it back home and showed it mum who compared it to the kesar she has and the one I got looked good.

Last edited by SamuraiJack : 29th October 2009 at 19:51.
Old 29th October 2009, 21:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hey lovely travelog man, keep them coming. We are never tired of Leh travelogs. And we need loads and loads of photos.
Old 29th October 2009, 22:09   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hey lovely travelog man, keep them coming. We are never tired of Leh travelogs. And we need loads and loads of photos.

Thanks Kaushik- I'm trying to upload every pic I have, I hope you have liked the ones so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks