Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 07:01   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@laluks, This is getting better and better. Somebody STOP ME!!
Yes it is. I will wait for further hilarious details after 23.05
Old 29th April 2010, 10:41   #242
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful and lovely details and trivia shared here. I have read through the thread and it has been a fantastic read.
MX6, khoj and aargee- wonderful conversation here. Keep it coming.
Old 29th April 2010, 10:54   #243
Senior - BHPian

I somehow missed this travelogue but now i seriously feel lucky that i havent seen in initial stages else i would have died out of curiosity to know whats the next post.

Now I went through in one go enjoyed every piece of it. Kudos MX6
Old 29th April 2010, 12:00   #244
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Guess it was from a used car dealer to have put the ribbon; like Jains car shoppe markets - buy a brand new used car

That's a nice thing to say Brand new used car. Goes like Richie rich. The poor little rich boy!

Nice little tip to me
Yep. The best is to pull over and show a frightened face to the moron who tail gates dangerously. He'll sure try to look in the face while driving past. To show his menacing face and authority and above all repugnance. And when you show your made up confused and frightened look, he'll be shocked. Worked like a charm for me everytime a moron tail gated me. I used to take pleasure in seeing their expression change to shock. They realise momentarily to what bullies they have been and later continue to harrass other unwitting drivers in front after a while!

Exactly, my Wifey's points 2-3 years back when I used to drive like the lean Sardar.
I drove like the lean sardar when I was 19. Only once. A tvs 50 tried overtaking me from left and I got irritated. I tried not to give him way. The guy was adamant and tried squeezing in and lost balance and hit a lamp post. I felt very guilty. Luckily there was no damage. I stopped and helped him up and apologised to him. That was the first and last time of my insolence.

PS - You stayed past midnight & kept posting these is it?
Yes. Had to. Khoj has taken gigantic proportions like Spot Nana/ Rami reddy. He's marked 23rd May as a date for me. I'm off to meet All India Drive king HVK. Don't want to end up where in HVK drives all india in mere khoj mein (in search of me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Yes it is. I will wait for further hilarious details after 23.05
I'll go in disguise. I'll introduce myself as laluks. so khoj and I will be planning on how to fix MX6 when we meet next. Hope he doesn't read these plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Wonderful and lovely details and trivia shared here. I have read through the thread and it has been a fantastic read.
MX6, khoj and aargee- wonderful conversation here. Keep it coming.
Thanks for your compliments FManchau! This thread is almost done. I shall now post pics of the things we carried and plans tonight. Hope the conversations continue in my other travelogues. I bet it will, because Khoj is like a web-bot searching all t-bhp for my name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
I somehow missed this travelogue but now i seriously feel lucky that i havent seen in initial stages else i would have died out of curiosity to know whats the next post.

Now I went through in one go enjoyed every piece of it. Kudos MX6
Thanks for stopping by jacs for your words of appreciation.

And Khoj. I remember an old surf ad. Dhoondte reh jaoge!
Old 29th April 2010, 13:15   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I'll go in disguise. I'll introduce myself as laluks. so khoj and I will be planning on how to fix MX6 when we meet next. Hope he doesn't read these plans.
You can't do that unless you meet HVK first and update him about your intentions, Other wise he'd say why laluks is looking different.
Old 29th April 2010, 15:46   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

And Khoj. I remember an old surf ad. Dhoondte reh jaoge!
My my such elaborate plans, I hope the Ikon is going to be in disguise too. Do remember the name is Khoj

I am really looking forward to this now. laluks care to join us?

Last edited by khoj : 29th April 2010 at 15:54.
Old 29th April 2010, 17:58   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My my such elaborate plans, I hope the Ikon is going to be in disguise too. Do remember the name is Khoj

Would love to. I'll let you know offline.
Old 30th April 2010, 10:47   #248
BHPian

Excellent Travelogue. Read it in one shot. There's nothing more to say that the others have not said. Well written.

. I am surprised that some one who is not of our Parent's Generation is interested in that movie "Thiruvilaiyaadal". I love that movie and the super songs. Love to watch Nagesh in Tharumi role again and again.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th April 2011 at 01:38. Reason: only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read board rules carefully, thanks
Old 4th May 2010, 15:19   #249
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Here comes the check-list.

My memory for mundane things is so short lived that I started building this check list. This check-list was for things to pack and things to do at home.
Made two columns to start with.
Things to take (pack) and things to buy (to pack)
I colour coded the cell as well. If the item is packed, then back-ground becomes green. If the item is at home and can't be packed till the last moment, then it's amber. Same way if the item has to be bought, then it's amber under the to buy column.
If it's not in stock, then it's red. I used to open this excel every morning and evening to take stock of where I was in packing and planning. And when ever a brainwave hit me (upon talking to people around or getting inputs from T-BHPians, I used to open the excel and see whether it's already covered in my check-list. If not then add it.

I further customised the checklist to ensure it is person wise. These were bare minimum. Anything that can be sourced on the trip, I didn't bother to put up here.
Check list for my daughter. All items below (including) her bed were packed at 3 am in the morning, the day we left! Hence it was Amber till I personally loaded them in the car. Turned them to green, then turned the ignition on!
A trip close to heart - Pune to Tirunelveli-checklist1.jpg

Checklists of me and my wife. It's still lesser than what I carried for my daughter! I never bought the CrV3 batteries. Because I never used my SLR on the trip. My wife was busy shooting around with the point and shoot pentax camera that's in her list. My SLR was a dead weight in the trip sadly.
A trip close to heart - Pune to Tirunelveli-checklist2.jpg

Common items were also added in a separate check-list. It included simple tasks like buying a padlock and locking the main door. Moving my bicycle inside the house and locking it in. It should have come under home-to do. But initially I was tempted to get a cycle carrying fixture on my car and take the cycle along. Hence I mentioned just cycle there. Since I dropped the idea of carrying my cycle on the trip (madness right?) I added a hyphen with the words, Lock inside home!

My Todo list consisted of main things to be done to ensure the house doesn't become a bhoot bungalow when we come back after 20 - 25 days. Since we left on 25th dec, I had to ensure I don't forget transferring rent on the 31st dec, when I'm driving between sringeri and hariharapura.
Name:  Check-list3.bmp
Views: 703
Size:  579.9 KB

Next set of uploads: photos of things I carried.

The list is not exhaustive. We ended up with many more things. My Ikon surprisingly managed to accomodate the huge list of things.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:34   #250
Team-BHP Support

MX Too much. List is too good, till I looked at the section labeled "me" and then I fell.

See what others need and what "we" need. Camera, tripod, charger, netbook ......
Bare essentials never get mentioned!

Good one for the road.

Waiting for more.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:03   #251
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
MX Too much. List is too good, till I looked at the section labeled "me" and then I fell.

See what others need and what "we" need. Camera, tripod, charger, netbook ......
Bare essentials never get mentioned!

Good one for the road.

Waiting for more.
Those are my bare essentials. The whole trip I carried 2 t-shirts, 1 shirt, 1 pair of jeans, one Dhoti (tucked away in my father's bag), 2 pairs of shorts, 3 pairs of inwear. All covered in the first row called Dresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Excellent Travelogue. Read it in one shot. There's nothing more to say that the others have not said. Well written.

. I am surprised that some one who is not of our Parent's Generation is interested in that movie "Thiruvilaiyaadal". I love that movie and the super songs. Love to watch Nagesh in Tharumi role again and again.
Thanks for the appreciation KRRaj. Thiruvilaiyaadal is a cult movie. Even my daughter and neice love that. I simply love the movie.

Quote:
Would love to. I'll let you know offline.
Got that. Thanks.

Quote:
Ikon needs no disguise. And if you think you can see through mine, have a look at my last two photo posts in Sanjay Kaul's France log. It has sheetumanu stumped.

Quote:
You can't do that unless you meet HVK first and update him about your intentions, Other wise he'd say why laluks is looking different.
I'd tell him that Laluks is in disguise to escape Khoj!
Old 4th May 2010, 16:25   #252
Team-BHP Support

wow, that's quite a comprehensive list. What does a small baby bathtub look like?
And yes, I would like to see the filled ikon boot pic, if you have one.

I have 8 GB memory - so I don't think I need that XL sheet though.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:50   #253
Senior - BHPian

MX6,
Your travelogue does not cease to surprise even the planning bit is interesting and funny too. The most organized travelogue writer likes the most disorganised stand up comic 'Sienfeld dvds from Udupi' no wonder that the saying goes 'opposites attract'.

Going to check the french log now.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:26   #254
BHPian

Finished getting up to date with this fantastic travelogue. I have not been to any place on the West Coast except Mumbai. Never traveled on the Konkan Railway either, which used to fascinate me during my college days when the project was underway. My next holidays must be in coastal Karnataka and Kerala.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:56   #255
BHPian

MX6. Saw the thread after a long gap. So much have happened since I last checked it. Your eye for details, and the methodical way you went about it, is really appreciable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks