Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 15:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Guys, next time you are visiting Todoba or Pench, do visit 2 more national park near by nagpur, called Nagzira and Nawegaon both with in 100kms of Nagpur on Bandara road NH6.
Nagpur is surrounded by Pench, Melghat, Nawegaon, Nagzira and Tadoba all are tiger reserve.
Thanks
pramods,
Thanks we will definitely keep these parks on our list, you have no idea how lucky you all are to be surrounded by tiger rich reserves, unlike us..NSTR, the largest tiger reserve in the country 3,558 sqkms, is just 150 kilometers from Hyderabad, but extremely low in predator numbers and their prey base.
Regards,
Old 16th February 2010, 15:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdey View Post
I was recently reading in Local Bengali newspaper about some beautiful
tourist spots like " Ramtek " and Khindsi " near Nagpur . it says the lake
in " Khindsi " is a true reminder of Switzerland.

Any Informations on these places please ?

Cheers
Ramtek, has a old temple and Khindsi has a big lake, where boating facility is available, mainly people visit the temple and then proceed to khindsi lake, I am not sure about "Switzerland" but its a good location to spend a day and withing 100KM from Nagpur.

If you are really interested in these area then Chikhaldhara would be a good place to visit for few days, you can even go to Melghat tiger reserve, I mean Chikhaldhara is almost in Melghat tiger reserve.

Nagzira is comparatively small and because of water shortage, tigers are generally seen near waterhole in the morning session.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 16th February 2010 at 16:02.
Old 16th February 2010, 17:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Tree pie devouring a mouse, Tadoba.
Fantastic pictures overall. This one is amongst the best though! How could you spot this? Brilliant! And the owls too!
Old 16th February 2010, 20:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

This is brilliant stuff man! Absolutely spectacular pics!
Old 17th February 2010, 14:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support Team - All the OT posts have been removed. Please restrict the discussions to the Travelogue. If anyone wants to discuss about Tigers then they can do so independently on This Thread. Thanks
Old 17th February 2010, 19:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Fantastic stuff Fazal! Some more must be coming from your camera soon. Waiting for those.

I see that tigress with radio collar. Anybody was tracking her with your team? Didn't see anyone carrying antenna though.
Hello sir
The WII and project tiger is monitoring some of the tigers on a continual basis out here and we have come across their teams with antennas many times during our weekend sorties in these forests. 3 years ago when the bbc team was making documenatries we used to see the elephant trackers regularly moving along with their sophostacated equipment. I also have a pic of some of the stuff they used to make the documenatry " The spy in the Jungle"

Attachment 289805

Attachment 289806

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
Excellent stuff as usual Fazal saab. Wish the tiger population will increase. Who will monitor the tigers with radio collars?
These days the forest department does all the monitoring. Infact after fazal saab left for hyderabad, the tiger census activity has been started at Pench MP. I have been lucky to be a part of the same because of the involvement my NGO (wildcats nature club) has in this area and will share with all of you some of my experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Amazing picks Fazal. Wow those pictures are just magnifiecient. STill want to see a toger in its natural habitat!
You must surely plan a trip to tadoba and pench very soon. The water table is fast going down and the tiger sightings are on the rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Amazing pictures all of them, and that first one by Dr Ghosh thats almost priceless.
Thanks a lot sharing these. Always refreshing to see wild animals in their natural best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Cool stuff there. The cubs in the first photo looks so cuddly. Very nice.

Thank you. It was indeed one of my best tiger family shots till date. Here are some of the other shots from that trip. Some of the shots are hazy as they were shot panning while the cubs ran.

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-5-tigers.jpg
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_6322.jpg
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_6341.jpg
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_6344.jpg
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_6357.jpg
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_6370.jpg
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_6372.jpg
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_6383.jpg
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_6387.jpg
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_6391.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Superb Fazal! Last one is the winner as of now.
These are the kind of locations where auto focus fails due to too many unwanted branches and twigs in front of the subject. What did you do here?
I used manual focus to get the tiger as sharp as possibe in the falling light. You can check out the exif data for the other settings that I had used . They were iso-1600 , f7.1, 1/100, manual focus.

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_0214.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
What a superb junglelogue ( don't search for that word in the dictionary), the best one for me at least.

I was planning a trip to Tadoba and you brought Tadoba to me - with those awesome pics.

What would cost of accommodation / gypsy be ? could you give me some details.
Please feel free to call me on 09960332228 or email dr.abheek at gmail.com
I will be very happy to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post

Do not go in the park without Lallan, his dhaba is located just outside the park gate of MP Pench. Give him reference of Dr. Ghosh from Nagpur.
Thats correct. Lallan is one of the best trackers and gypsy driver that you can find at pench. We have a community development project (using ecotourism to uplift locals around the park) running with his family for the last 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Those are some fantastic shots Fazal. By far the best shots I have seen of the majestic beasts. You are very lucky to have spotted those. The way things are going, I dont know how long tigers will be around and just might end up as pictures in books sometime in the near future. Even the pictures of the other wildlife are really well shot.

Looking forward to more from you. Keep up the good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Fazal Bhai, what amazing snaps. The dormant desire to go to Pench has been again rekindled by your post...
Plan a trip soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I have seen a remarkable difference in way Maharashtra and MP handle forests

-Pramod
I need to meet you pramod . we r from the same city and share same hobby. pl call me up on 9960332228 when u get time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
@fazalaliadil: Wow! Amazing pics. Thanks for sharing.

I happened to watch this telecast. Was mesmerized of a documentary made on Indian Tiger. It's a beatifully captured story. As far as I remember there were three cubs.
Tiger: Spy in Jungle (Link to Discovery URL for this telecast)
I suggest everyone watch this video. its available on the torrents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Great pics!!!!

Was there last year and Abheek was very helpful to me also.

Will post a photolog as soon as i can.
yes kaushik, your thread is long due. when r u planning to come down next with your monster ?

Quote:
I was recently reading in Local Bengali newspaper about some beautiful
tourist spots like " Ramtek " and Khindsi " near Nagpur . it says the lake
in " Khindsi " is a true reminder of Switzerland.

Any Informations on these places please ?

Cheers
Pl call me up and i'll help you out with details of these places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
This is brilliant stuff man! Absolutely spectacular pics!
Enjoy some more pics from this trip :

we had such a leisurely sighting that we had time to try out all these experimentations.
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_0008sleeping-tigress-focus-front-grass.jpg

This is a cropped pic showing the tigress scratch marking one of the trees in her territory.
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_0189scratch-marking2.jpg

Trying a retro look
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_5647in-black-white.jpg

It was most amazing to note natural animal behaviour which is so similar to ours. We see the tigress rubbing her eyes before getting up.
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_0089rubbing-eyes-after-waking-up.jpg

The ridges inside her mouth is visible in this yawn. I could get a sharp pic as I was using a bean bag and fazal saab was shooting handheld.
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_0110lusty-yawn.jpg

The swaggering walk to find prey after the siesta.
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_5651the-swaggering-walk-after-siesta.jpg

Trying out an interesting composition in wideangle.
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_0107tigress-sight-1.jpg

tigress in golden sunset light.
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-img_5564in-golden-light1.jpg

The Babies that were responsible for these wonderful shots (Canon 20D with 200-400mm telephoto zoom lens on beanbag and Nikon D200 with 18-55mm wideangle zoom)
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dscn4368edit.jpg

regards,
Dr. Abheek Ghosh

Last edited by abheekg : 17th February 2010 at 19:59.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Dr. Ghosh,
Not only was the tigress's company a pleasure, the time we shared was second to none. Was it not for your guidance I am sure I would have missed the action.
Your shots of the tigress and her infant cubs are too good for words.
Certainly in the very near future we will hit it out again with Lallan and treat our forum members of what we can manage to capture.
Regards,
Old 17th February 2010, 20:56   #53
BHPian

Fazal And Abheek ,

Great Photos from you duo , it again
proves India is the best .

Might require you guys assistance before
making up final itinerary.

Cheers
Old 17th February 2010, 22:14   #54
BHPian

Fazal Saab and Dr. Ghosh,
Excellent pictures. It's a sheer pleasure to watch Tiger and cubs in their natural habitat. Anything we can do to protect them?

Thanks
Old 17th February 2010, 22:20   #55
BHPian

Doctor Saab, that's great let's meet and then we go again, I have seen tiger every where except Pench, that's called Luck!!! and I have been to this jungle more than 10 times, the only problem I see now is I alway take my own vehicle(scorpio) as I go with my son, now need to try Gypsy.
Will give you a call some time tomorrow, right now I heard Nagzira is the most likely place to see tiger, as the water shortage is vert acute there and if you go there for early morning you have better chances to see them at the man made water hole.
-Pramod.
PS: let me know when you would be most likely to be free via PM
Old 17th February 2010, 23:19   #56
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Terrific pics of the cubs there. I'm smitten completely. I've seen lions from close proximity in Gir. But nothing beats the Tiger.
Old 18th February 2010, 07:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fazal And Abheek ,
Great Photos from you duo , it again
proves India is the best .
Might require you guys assistance before
making up final itinerary.
Cheers
Captdey,
Thanks ,
India definitely is the best.
reg. help anytime, happily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live360 View Post
Fazal Saab and Dr. Ghosh,
Excellent pictures. It's a sheer pleasure to watch Tiger and cubs in their natural habitat. Anything we can do to protect them?
Thanks
Live360,
Thank you, Nothing beats the beauty of these big cats in their natural habitat, where they belong...and should continue to grow.
Reg. protecting them....Tiger foundations and Project Tiger does not lack funds and there are NGO groups dime a dozen.
The will and dedication is missing, the day this main component is added, it will naturally translate into success.
Come up with ideas and we will together try and make it a success.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 18th February 2010 at 07:06.
Old 18th February 2010, 07:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic stuff boss! Kudos - really nice shots!

I'm curious how you focus so well - the lens is good, but your focussing is impeccable!
Old 18th February 2010, 08:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Fantastic stuff boss! Kudos - really nice shots!

I'm curious how you focus so well - the lens is good, but your focussing is impeccable!
phaimlyman,
Oh no, you think I focus well then check out the last pic. ( long shot of the tigress) where my focus went off mark, and with the slower shutter speed due to low light, I was unprepared for the 180 degree yawn that blurred.
Regards,
Old 18th February 2010, 08:38   #60
Team-BHP Support

Excellent coverage and an eye opener thread.

I have a question (rather stupid question). How do you protect yourself in case the tigers attack? Pardon my ignorance but you are traveling in open / soft top gypsy's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks