Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2015, 17:06   #271
BHPian

Re: 15 RAJABABUes in Malaysia and Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks, but I was asking regarding the train at KL, not LGK.

Is IDL mandatory? I read on this forum that even Indian DL in English will do.
Yes for KL you can take a train even there is a bus option and it drops directly to hotel. So you don't have travel from train station to hotel.

My friend was rejected a car on Indian DL in Langkawi
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 19:06   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, ....
Can someone guide me over the following:
  1. I plan to rent a budget hatch at LGK for 4 days. Should I do it at the airport or at the hotel where I stay (not decided on hotel yet).
  2. What would be the approximate rate per day? Air Asia website indicates 130 RM per day for a Proton, but I read that hotels give it for less than 100 RM, though not sure.
  3. Any budget hotel suggestions at LGK are welcome---not the exotic star hotels, but a family room of 4 to 7 K per day.
  4. Same info on hotels in KL. I plan to stay only for a day and ask them to keep the luggage in the reception after 1 pm on 24th, as I'll be taking the 9 pm flight.
  5. Is it better to take a cab from airport at KL, or the high-speed train?
  6. Important must-see places in KL. No Batu caves or Genting please.
  7. Which sim card to go for and how much is the cost? 3 G is a must.
Thanks in advance.
Bumping up my questions in bold again. Can someone please help?
Old 26th June 2015, 19:26   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Bumping up my questions in bold again. Can someone please help?
Answers inline:

1. What would be the approximate rate per day? Air Asia website indicates 130 RM per day for a Proton, but I read that hotels give it for less than 100 RM, though not sure. If you are at off season, hatches should be around 90-100 MYR Proton Saga should be around 110 to 130
2. Any budget hotel suggestions at LGK are welcome---not the exotic star hotels, but a family room of 4 to 7 K per day.- I recommend Tropical resorts Lankawi. Look up Agoda and book through http://www.langkawi-resorts.com/. Lesser booking amount. If not sure , book through Agoda/Booking.com
3.Same info on hotels in KL. I plan to stay only for a day and ask them to keep the luggage in the reception after 1 pm on 24th, as I'll be taking the 9 pm flight. If you do not want any hi-fi hotel, I'd suggest Hotel Summerview near KL Sentral. Very well connected, and has good breakfast. Other hotels in that area do not provide breakfast generally.
4.Important must-see places in KL. No Batu caves or Genting please.- Visit Dataran Merdeka(National Library just beside), Petronas towers/KLCC, Menara KL tower(I'd recommend the revolving restaurant on top- you pay marginally more than the general ticket to viewing tower, but get food , as well as access to viewing tower, Changkat for drinks and street food and Low yat Plaza(electronics)/ Times Square mall for shopping.
5.Which sim card to go for and how much is the cost? 3 G is a must. Go for Maxis(Hotlink) 10 MYR upfront - recharge as you please- has nice coverage and good speeds

Last edited by adg_andy : 26th June 2015 at 19:28.
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 18:34   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Answers inline:

- Visit Dataran Merdeka(National Library just beside),
I suppose you mean the National Mosque. I saw on gmaps that the National Library is quite far from Dataran Merdeka.

Thanks for the wealth of information.
Old 29th June 2015, 13:49   #275
BHPian

Quote:
I suppose you mean the National Mosque. I saw on gmaps that the National Library is quite far from Dataran Merdeka.

Thanks for the wealth of information.
Hi, I meant the Library just beside Merdeka Square. Oh, I forgot, Masjid Jamek is just 10 mins walk from there, right beside LRT station (Masjid Jamek Station). Please ensure you wear proper garments , if you plan to enter.

Also, if you are looking for Indian food, Sangeetha (veg) and betel leaf (non-veg) are just 2 mins walk from the LRT station. Recommended.
Old 28th July 2015, 12:15   #276
Senior - BHPian

For those who are interested, here are my updates in bold for each question I'd asked earlier:

Quote:
Guys,

So effectively, I'll be spending 4 nights in LGK and one at KL. Can someone guide me over the following:
  1. I plan to rent a budget hatch at LGK for 4 days. Should I do it at the airport or at the hotel where I stay (not decided on hotel yet). Got it from a list of contacts given by my hotel at Langkawi. Called a couple of them from India and fixed up one.
  2. What would be the approximate rate per day? Air Asia website indicates 130 RM per day for a Proton, but I read that hotels give it for less than 100 RM, though not sure. Paid 70 RM a day for a Perodua Viva with manual transmission.
  3. Any budget hotel suggestions at LGK are welcome---not the exotic star hotels, but a family room of 4 to 7 K per day. Booked One Hotel Helang via makemytrip. Got a discount of Rs 3500 over the price of Rs 23000 for 4 days. Room was very large, with two king cots and also a divan. Superb bathroom too. Hotel is 7 minutes walk from the airport. Buffet breakfast was on the house.
  4. Same info on hotels in KL. I plan to stay only for a day and ask them to keep the luggage in the reception after 1 pm on 24th, as I'll be taking the 9 pm flight. Stayed at Bintang Warisan hotel. Paid Rs 3965 for a family room for a day. Breakfast and lunch were on the house (not buffet though).
  5. Is it better to take a cab from airport at KL, or the high-speed train?
    Took Star bus from KLIA2. Cost 15 RM for a drop till the hotel. Return was via an Innova that cost 130 RM.
  6. Important must-see places in KL. No Batu caves or Genting please.Saw KL tower, Petronas, and also spent half a day at Times Square Mall.
  7. Which sim card to go for and how much is the cost? 3 G is a must. Used Maxis hotlink. Cost 20.6 RM. Had 300 mb data and 5 RM talk time for a week. Enough for me.
Thanks in advance.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks