Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 12:02   #226
BHPian

tsk1979.

Just completed your 1st page only. You know what, as was said earlier by me and many others in your earlier threads, besides your Himalayan trips and those wall paper quality photographs, that brings I think, the best out of you; you are a novelist at heart! I am serious again, your 1st post text would make into any top rated award winning novel. Isn't it, what say others!

Amazing scenes and narration, enjoying to the core..
Old 5th July 2010, 12:11   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Hi Tanveer, as usual a great write up. Had been following it for last few days.

Your posts have indeed been an inspiration for many and need less to say have increased our knowledge about the Ladakh region.

The photos were simply superb.

Ladakh has fascinated me since i was a little school going kid of 10 or so,
tracing the boundaries in the geography atlas and dreaming about going there some time.

Narrowly missed the chance in 2005 with my classmates .
If everything goes alright may be next year it will be me and my WagonR scaling the lengths and breadths of ladakh.
Until then will have to survive with tbhp.

Kudos to both of you for sharing so much with us. Keep it up.
Thanks! Best wishes to you to complete this journey next year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
tsk1979.

Just completed your 1st page only. You know what, as was said earlier by me and many others in your earlier threads, besides your Himalayan trips and those wall paper quality photographs, that brings I think, the best out of you; you are a novelist at heart! I am serious again, your 1st post text would make into any top rated award winning novel. Isn't it, what say others!

Amazing scenes and narration, enjoying to the core..
Thanks. I am glad you are enjoying it. The himalayas do offer a lot of adventure, and I am lucky to be located close to these wonderful regions, and also have a vehicle capable of going to such places!
Old 5th July 2010, 13:48   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Lot of bullet rides get a custom built frame on the sides from manali which allows them to carry jerrycans. With 2 cans of 10L each, you should be good to go!
Tanveer,
Thanks for the idea bro, I did a research and got to know of the design, will work on them and see how it comes out for my bike. Do let me know of any other custom mods you can think of which will help me complete my dream ride to the highest road on earth!

Regards,
Ajay
Old 5th July 2010, 17:09   #229
Team-BHP Support

Ajay, I do not have much idea about bikes. Only thing I know are
1. Get the carb set to a leaner fuel mixture, as air is less there, and if you are getting more fuel into the carb, most of it will come out unburnt
2. Make sure you have good tires. tubeless tires enable you to use slime like products, which can help you get to the nearest puncture shop
3. If any parts of your bike are vunerable, get an engine guard or something made.

For other tips, you can probably search the motorbikes forum.
Old 5th July 2010, 19:40   #230
Senior - BHPian

Very well written tsk. And as usual an excellent job with the photographs. I am glad that the white elephant behaved this time around.

Reading your log, now I am looking forward to my Leh trip at the end of this month even more. Hope we get better weather unlike what you got.

Thanks for taking out time to write.

Regards
Old 6th July 2010, 18:47   #231
BHPian

Hello Tsk,

Such a wonderful travelog, your pics have made Leh even more desirable. I want to know your take on this. Can an i20 take me and my family ( wife and 1.5 yrs old daughter) from delhi to Leh.I know pangong and other ranges that you conquered with you white elephant is a lil too much to ask from an i20, I just want to do Leh through rohtang pass.

Your advice on this.
Old 6th July 2010, 19:53   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Very well written tsk. And as usual an excellent job with the photographs. I am glad that the white elephant behaved this time around.

Reading your log, now I am looking forward to my Leh trip at the end of this month even more. Hope we get better weather unlike what you got.

Thanks for taking out time to write.

Regards
Thanks for your kind words deky
Quote:
Originally Posted by somu_john View Post
Hello Tsk,

Such a wonderful travelog, your pics have made Leh even more desirable. I want to know your take on this. Can an i20 take me and my family ( wife and 1.5 yrs old daughter) from delhi to Leh.I know pangong and other ranges that you conquered with you white elephant is a lil too much to ask from an i20, I just want to do Leh through rohtang pass.

Your advice on this.
Hi John,
Why just Pangong. You can visit Nubra Valley too in your i20. Just be a little careful on tough stretches, and drive slowly on them.
For only Tso moriri I would recommend hiring a taxi as some stretches are very sandy.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:26   #233
BHPian

[quote

Hi John,
Why just Pangong. You can visit Nubra Valley too in your i20. Just be a little careful on tough stretches, and drive slowly on them.
For only Tso moriri I would recommend hiring a taxi as some stretches are very sandy.[/quote]

Whrooom whroom, off to conquer the Himalayan Ranges. Thanks a lot Tsk, your words are really encouraging.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:13   #234
BHPian

some queries

Hi,

Just want to trouble you with some queries hope you dont mind
I would be taking the Delhi-Kullu-Manali-Leh route, is this route fine for an i20 considering the low ground clearance.

How is the scenery on this route is it as breathtaking as the Srinagar-Kargil-Leh route that you took, what is your advice on the right time to take this trip (i mean with least possible problems as in weather, road conditions, permit etc)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by somu_john : 7th July 2010 at 16:16.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:18   #235
Team-BHP Support

The scenery is much better. After around mid august, the route becomes more easy for small cars. So best time to go would be around 20th August.
For details, you can look at my 2009 thread, when I did this route around 20th august
Old 7th July 2010, 21:47   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The scenery is much better. After around mid august, the route becomes more easy for small cars. So best time to go would be around 20th August.
For details, you can look at my 2009 thread, when I did this route around 20th august
Amazing narration as usual tanveer and ofcourse excellent pictures

Time and again I am getting tempted to drive down to Ladakh, but then Sikkim is also on radar...shucks
Old 7th July 2010, 22:36   #237
Senior - BHPian

@ajay: the panniers are a bolt on fit for bullets in karol bagh, delhi - not manali.

and for jawa, you know the man - praveen sathaye whose in your city only!!
Old 8th July 2010, 10:25   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@ajay: the panniers are a bolt on fit for bullets in karol bagh, delhi - not manali.

and for jawa, you know the man - praveen sathaye whose in your city only!!
@phamilyman

Will enquire about the panniers

praveen sathye aka PPS, I certainly know him! he is a part of our Roaring Riders club too.
would take the guru's advice for sure!
Old 8th July 2010, 11:12   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton Tsk, i am goin through your 2009 thread and i think that will answer my queries, thanks once again.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:00   #240
lsp
BHPian

Wow, What a travelogue!!!
Tanveer paaji, u r an inspiration. Kudos to you and your better half for carrying out this journey. If the description and pics on the computer screen are so fabulous and mesmerizing, one can only imagine what it would be in real.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks