Team-BHP - rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/83917-rkbharats-photolog-leh-2010-a-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaykaul (Post 1992617)
Looking at your pictures sets me thinking. Do I need to buy a new camera (I have a primitive “Canon S2IS” with a nice built in zoom but it is not an SLR) before I plan my Leh Trip.

Your pictures are amazing. You have taken special care of surroundings while clicking and it needs lot of patienceclap:.

:OTHow was your Spain trip? You should have stayed back till their world cup win. We had a meeting in Paris few weeks back and we concluded much before 3:30 PM so that our Spaniard colleagues could watch soccer. The guys were quite confident that they would win the WC. The grin on the faces of our French colleagues was to be seen. As the discussion was not about cricket, I played neutral.

Thanks buddy, Spain trip was great, except that I did a goof up on Duration of stay in Visa and overstayed, because too many multiple things I was handling, and was in deep trouble for a day, at end resolved involving a Spanish lawyer.

Football is a religion is Spain, and the irony is Spain team was staying in the same hotel for welcome and press conferences, where I was staying two days after I left Spain
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramkya1 (Post 1992657)
45 and 49 are great captures..... loved the frames, more random ones to come?

-----

Absolute last set remaining :)

Ok friends, this is absolute last set and then period :). No more.

A BIG THANKS
to all for watching the thread and appreciating the work.

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-53.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-54.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-55.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-56.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-57.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-58.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-59.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-60.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-61.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-62.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-misc-63.jpg

@Bharat - Lovely sets of pics that have been coming up in the last few pages. Oh!!! yes, Thanks to you too for sharing the pics & patiently answering my questions :D

Edit - Oh!!! another one - Did you have to manage any oil changes with SX4? Some light on it is appreciated. Also how did the Safari cope up? I was reading on a different thread that it takes few crankings for Safari to startup on high altitudes, any info on that is highly appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1992995)
@Bharat - Lovely sets of pics that have been coming up in the last few pages. Oh!!! yes, Thanks to you too for sharing the pics & patiently answering my questions :D

Edit - Oh!!! another one - Did you have to manage any oil changes with SX4? Some light on it is appreciated. Also how did the Safari cope up? I was reading on a different thread that it takes few crankings for Safari to startup on high altitudes, any info on that is highly appreciated.

No oil change at all after the trip. Though I changed to Synthetic before the trip, not because of trip, but I wanted to try it for long time.

This safari is one of the few 3.0 Liter Dicor version. Performed superb. No cranking issue anywhere at all.

BTW, one funny incident, I had friends from different circle met in Leh, and coincidentally, From Tata Motors, Bosch, Hero Honda and Hyundai :D

I am so sad to see the last set being posted. But I must thank you for taking out the precious time and sharing this experience with us. There are so many Leh-Ladakh posts running simultaneously. IMO your thread provided one of the best pics and proved (if someone had doubts) that a sedan can do a Leh-Ladakh trip. Believe me lots of people have this doubt.

Hi Rk,

I second to what Taureanbull has said. Some of the best snaps of Leh and Ladakh are from this travelogue and I really liked the snap of SX4 with all the ruggedness covered in one of the last snaps. Superb one.clap:

Again, thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

rkb awsome pics man. the third last is striking.

2nd last is Changla??

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaureanBull (Post 1993167)
I am so sad to see the last set being posted. But I must thank you for taking out the precious time and sharing this experience with us. There are so many Leh-Ladakh posts running simultaneously. IMO your thread provided one of the best pics and proved (if someone had doubts) that a sedan can do a Leh-Ladakh trip. Believe me lots of people have this doubt.

Thanks buddy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Ranger (Post 1993632)
Hi Rk,

I second to what Taureanbull has said. Some of the best snaps of Leh and Ladakh are from this travelogue and I really liked the snap of SX4 with all the ruggedness covered in one of the last snaps. Superb one.clap:

Again, thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 1993977)
rkb awsome pics man. the third last is striking.

2nd last is Changla??

Thanks, yes its Changla

Based on the idea of Ramky's thread :)

Some of the tools, there are many more, I will to click them later.
rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-1.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-2.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-3.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-4.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-5.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-6.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-7.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-8.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-9.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-10.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-11.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-12.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-13.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-14.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-15.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-16.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-17.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-18.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-19.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-20.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-21.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-22.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-23.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-24.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-25.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-26.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-27.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-28.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-29.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-30.jpg

Few More

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-31.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-32.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-33.jpg

Jerry Can, but not worth 1100 Rs each, sturdy plastic cans might serve the purpose well

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-tools-34.jpg

Rajiv, you own some garage? I though you work at IBM. Did you carry all that stuff to Leh? How:Shockked:? I understand that Desire has nice big trunk but still................

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaykaul (Post 2011656)
Rajiv, you own some garage? I though you work at IBM. Did you carry all that stuff to Leh? How:Shockked:? I understand that Desire has nice big trunk but still................

Garage will be better option out of two :D

All that was carried in SX4, with 3 huge trekking backpacks, 2 blankets, five 2 ltrs water bottles, and many many more stuff :).

I will try to find the pic of boot fully packed

@RkBharat - Thanks for sharing the detailed info to carry to Leh; Appreciate if you have some more pics on the jerry can. I like to buy 2, if possible. BTW, what's the capacity of each one? 10 Lts?

That is a great collection of stuff, Rajiv.
BTW, what is the automatic car starter? How does it work?