Team-BHP - rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/83917-rkbharats-photolog-leh-2010-a-6.html)

As we reached Pangong, it was a sad story, clouds every where and it stared snowing. I was depressed, I had only few hours for photography and this is what I got. Anyways I tried to get the best out of clouds :). Clouds have its on charm, but not at P Tso :(

BTW none of them are Panos, some are crops

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2807.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2809.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2812.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2815.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2816pano.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2817.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2822.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2823.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2832.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2853.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2859.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2860.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2862.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2863.jpg

Wow!! this is some amazing photography Rajiv.
Admiration and what else!!
You have put your car and lenses to the best use. The pics of the lake in panaroma is truly awesome. This emoticon expresses best my expression right now:Shockked:, jaws dropping and eyes wide open!!!
Just Stupendous!!!

Few more shots with SX4, and then time for those Sea Gull shots

Gang was just crazy looking at the views, it was so rejuvenating even after continuous snowing there.

And SX4 was center of attraction

BTW little story here. That Safari you see in the pics, is actually stuck there. Even after I insisting on dipping the safari in reverse, Varun went in front. Now while reversing it stuck big time. And safari is heavy, very heavy, and it can sink in very fast. Couple of attempt made sure rear tyre sunk nicely and tight.

SX4 was not the car to tow the elephant, so we waved to one Scorpio, and he drove to us. Meanwhile I took out my 3 Ton 5 meter tow rope ready, but was not sure if will manage the beast.

Fortunately in just one go, Scorp could manage to pull the beast out. not much drama.

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2884.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2886.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2888.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2892.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2894.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2898.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2914.jpg

Amazing pics rkbharat..Loved the wildlife pics.
Keep them coming :D

So this friendly Marmot allowed you to be near to him? Seems like you have taken photo from no distance.

Wonderful pictures.. I am speechless and hungry for more.O.T I am also going there coming September where I can find Jerry Cans in around Delhi ? Last but not least which camera and UV filter you are using.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraft.wagen (Post 1952776)
Amazing pics rkbharat..Loved the wildlife pics.
Keep them coming :D

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar (Post 1953363)
So this friendly Marmot allowed you to be near to him? Seems like you have taken photo from no distance.

Basically all these marmots are very friendly, and if you are brave enough, you can even pick them up, if approach very slowly. Yes we were very very close and could even watch in side there homes :), but then we realized there were multiple small holes around, like snake burrow. So we decided to move to safety

Quote:

Originally Posted by akaushik (Post 1953488)
Wonderful pictures.. I am speechless and hungry for more.O.T I am also going there coming September where I can find Jerry Cans in around Delhi ? Last but not least which camera and UV filter you are using.

Thanks
used can at Mayapuri, I am using Nikon D5000 with Nikkor VR 18-55 and 55-200 and Tamron 70-300(very less). I used Hoya ProD CPL for alot of pictures.

Have a blast fun at Sep, let me know if need any help :)

and I present to you, the most friendly sea gulls I ever had, I had shoo them away else they were ok to sit on lens :)

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-dsc_2929.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-dsc_2931.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2921.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2922.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2923.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2930.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2939.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2945.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2946.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2948.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2950.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2954.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2958.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2964.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2966.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2968.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2971.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_2988.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_3006.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_3037.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-pdsc_3047.jpg

@rkbharat: Absolutely brilliant pics. I wish you add more to this thread.

Rajeev. All the adjectives are already exhausted by others. Simply amazing. Everything must have been quite an experience, except, off course, that almost fatal adventure by some gang members. Thank God, all came out unhurt. keep posting more and more pics.

Rajiv,

I am just speechless.. amazing shots out there. Fantastic, marvelous, and i am running out of words..Kudos to your photographic skills.
I am just wondering when my SX4 would get to this height and my D60 would get to some real serious work.
Need to learn a lot on photography from you. Keep them coming..

RK, This has been one of the best travelogues on this circuit, especially due to the amazing photography. Bless you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1973181)
@rkbharat: Absolutely brilliant pics. I wish you add more to this thread.

Thanks Dear

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongDrive lover (Post 1973303)
Rajeev. All the adjectives are already exhausted by others. Simply amazing. Everything must have been quite an experience, except, off course, that almost fatal adventure by some gang members. Thank God, all came out unhurt. keep posting more and more pics.

That was a scary part, but them lesson learned for them, had way :). First and Last rules is, never challenge and underestimate nature

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalDragon (Post 1974163)
Rajiv,
I am just speechless.. amazing shots out there. Fantastic, marvelous, and i am running out of words..Kudos to your photographic skills.
I am just wondering when my SX4 would get to this height and my D60 would get to some real serious work.
Need to learn a lot on photography from you. Keep them coming..

Thanks, BTW, WHEN is a very difficult question to answer, so start working HOW and WHEN will follow :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopoe (Post 1974197)
RK, This has been one of the best travelogues on this circuit, especially due to the amazing photography. Bless you!

Thanks dear

Now that we some interests back in this thread :D

Hanle Day

Last night everybody was exhausted tired so hanle was remote in everybody's mind except mine. This was kind of bad news. Anyways, first it was time to meet Ajay and Czia, Deepika(a wonderful family living in Leh, from another forum) was busy that day(I met her next day over dinner). I told Ajay the kind of condition people are in and Hanle issue. And he told me to go alone if none is interested. I was very motivated hearing that. We had very good over the coffee discussion and I was all set. I drove upto KC Garden, where rest all were warming there legs, and announced, I AM GOING HANLE, ANYBODY INTERESTED ? Silence for 30 sec, little whispers, and then 6 LOUD AYES . Rock and Roll baby. We are on

Day was bright and sunny, basically you can not judge the condition of whole day with the current condition. it was good enough to rejuvenate all.

And believe me, they would have regret there whole life, just watching the pics. What they saw(and me too) from there popped out eyes and wide open eyes, was the best of the trip

Some of the pics on the way to Hanle

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-hanle-1.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-hanle-2.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-hanle-3.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-hanle-4.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-hanle-5.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-hanle-6.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-hanle-7.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-hanle-8.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-hanle-9.jpg

rkbharat's photolog for Leh 2010-hanle-10.jpg

RKB,

Just finished the last page. Wow..... what pictures, loved the seagull pictures, many others are very creative, way to go!!!!

These seafulls were super-friendsly, they were after the parle biscuit packets in our hands, practically eating out of our hands.

======