Team-BHP - Guwahati getaways: Bhutan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Guwahati getaways: Bhutan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/87532-guwahati-getaways-bhutan-3.html)

Few more on way pictures before reaching the furthermost place i was allowed. Actually a police chap took a ride with me apart from two fellas who were already occupying the back seat from gate.

Everyone asked 'aap kya kartein ho'. One of the fellows wanted to know if i deal in cell phones. Dissapointed he said maybe i can get one for him during my next visit as cell were very expensive there for them.

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san687.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san686.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san685.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san684.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san683.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san682.jpg

Amazing... just amazing pics.clap:

5* from my side.

Thanks Joy, will take some people shot next time as well with the traditional wear if possible.

Darranga is the other border area near Rangiya, plan to visit the area next. But roads are supposdly not good on this route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Phrangmung (Post 2038081)
Sutripta Garo hills will require more time and preferebly in dry season. But Tura i might give it a try. So far have checked out the road 24 km beyond Paikan gate.

No i did not see the board by the Bodo youths promoting home stay kinda package for Manas. The Baihata board is the state govt one.

And, no way every Sunday not possible. Once a month is achievable.

Do it end of September, and maybe I can join you! Maybe a Tura Williamsnagar loop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Phrangmung (Post 2038486)
HvK Gammon India Ltd is constructing it beside the present one, it will be eyeshore though if they don't design it like the old one.

It will be an eyesore. This is India. L1 rules. The original is a steel double decker. This I think will be a soulless one like the one at Silghat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joy (Post 2038479)
Something like Garlegphug.

Santrabari to Galephu. Drive through some lovely forests. Dont know the status now, but it was essentially out of bounds because of ULFA camps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Phrangmung (Post 2038519)
Bogibeel right, till its ready i can't go that side even if touch Dibrugarh as the road condition to ferry ride is only suited for SUV's as seen from your photographs.

But yes once its ready it will be one hell of a bridge to cross. They should just allow people to stop in between to enjoy the view and click a few snaps. :)

Before the bridge comes up, everyone should take his car across the Bhramaputra by ferry twice: once on the mechanised barges, and once on two country boats lashed together, with hardly 25 cm of freeboard. (If your car sinks in the Brahmaputra, I wonder how you file and insurance claim!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Phrangmung (Post 2038525)
Yes TnH the place is lovely, next i will go towards Manas NP in this route if possible. You been there?

Very interested in knowing about this. Also can I enter Bhutan and make my way to the FRH on the Bhutan side?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare (Post 2038539)
Yes, long back. In 1983 when I was at class IX we had a picnic at Manas (Mathanguri). We took that route (in horrible condition back then) on a Matador.

Mathanguri is from Barpeta Road. Is there a way to approach it from Pathsala/ NH152.

Scene of the town. The last photo is from the only restaurent cum hotel i saw within the area visited.

Not many snaps as it was a recee visit, during next visit will take a walk around the place, have lunch talk to some locals for more insight into this part of the mountain kingdom. :D

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san678.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san681.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san679.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san680.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san677.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san676.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san675.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san674.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san673.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutripta (Post 2039458)
Do it end of September, and maybe I can join you! Maybe a Tura Williamsnagar loop.

I have never been to Tura Caves. Planning to do so during my next trip. Tell me, is it possible to go further south from Tura, like the Google Maps shows or are those non-existent roads. I remember my friend from Shillong mentioning that when he visits Tura, he returns via NH37 and Guwahati.

And what is this Williamsnagar loop?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutripta (Post 2039458)
Mathanguri is from Barpeta Road. Is there a way to approach it from Pathsala/ NH152.

The route I had taken back in 1983 was a village road linking Baghmara (on NH152) with Bansbari Bazar via Ananda Bazar. I remember a small tea estate there too, just before the Manas entry point. If you go further north from Baghmara to Lakhibazar along NH152 there is a road to the left which presumably meets the one I was talking about. I am yet to explore that road. In fact those were extremist infested areas in the recent past. Now many of those extremists have surrendered and are themselves promoting tourism in the region.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 2039644)
I have never been to Tura Caves. Planning to do so during my next trip. Tell me, is it possible to go further south from Tura, like the Google Maps shows or are those non-existent roads. I remember my friend from Shillong mentioning that when he visits Tura, he returns via NH37 and Guwahati.

And what is this Williamsnagar loop?

Please check the link

Department of Tourism, Government of Meghalaya -Destination Garo Hills

So it was time to say bye bye.

At the gate the guard asked me for a cigarrattee as i was leaving, he was upset when i said i don't smoke.

Previously he had taken an apple from the car while checking it before letting me in.lol:

When i was returning the roads that were empty in the morning were busy with lots of activity.

There was a weekly market as well in Barama with people from interior areas selling their stuff and talking the needful back from others selling town produce.

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san716.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san717.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san718.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san719.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san720.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san721.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san722.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san724.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san725.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san726.jpg

Last shot being taken just before reaching Baihata Chariali before taking a detour to Madan Kamdev.

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san729.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san730.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san731.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san732.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san733.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san737.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san738.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san739.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san740.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san741.jpg

This is the place where i had a quick bite while returning after crossing Rangiya. They made a nice fresh chicken roll for me and packed it for Rs 45.

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san734.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san735.jpg

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san736.jpg

Closing this trip report with a diffrent shot

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-san723.jpg

Assam Bhutan border districts map, these will be the areas to be covered in this thread. Map not to scale and not accurate. Source ABD

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-dsc01774.jpg

Kokrajhar district, the westernmost bordering West Bengal as well.

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-dsc01770.jpg

Chirang district

Guwahati getaways: Bhutan-dsc01771.jpg