Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 18:15   #31
Team-BHP Support

Real rustic I must say! The banner made my day!
Old 28th August 2010, 22:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Kallidaikuruchi is a very mouthwatering place for me. All those people who love the south indian Appalam (papad) in it's various tastes and ingredients) would know that Kallidaikuruchi Appalams are terrific!

Kallidaikuruchi is also the native of the biggest auto / business groups of TN - Rane / Easun (Enfield) / Sanmar / Amalgamation / India cements. The native place of TVS family is also near by.

So it is a historic place for auto lovers.
Old 29th August 2010, 00:39   #33
MX6
Senior - BHPian

TV sundaram Iyengar is from Tirukkurungudi. A village that comes between Nanguneri and valliyur.

I knew about TVS, Amalgamation (earlier simpsons group from which anantharamakrishnan branched out) were from Nellai district. Didn't know about easun.
Sanmar group was first started as India cements. S.N.N.Sankaralinga Iyer established India cements in Tirunelveli. The Sankar cements you see there belongs to that group. Later they diversified in to Sanmar group. Incidentally, SNNS Iyer was born and brought up in Tanjore and not in Nellai. He set up his company in Nellai and moved down south.
Old 29th August 2010, 18:02   #34
BHPian

the shifting patten of rain..if you look closely

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06199.jpg

an 'exotic' we spotted on the way..it had us drooling for quite sometime

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06201.jpg

had to take a detour as work was goin on the SH

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06205.jpg

well..the initial impression was that the 'paddy-land' was starting

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06210.jpg

but, on the next turning, this was awaiting us..

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06213.jpg

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06214.jpg

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06216.jpg

and finally, we joined back in the SH..it was like heaven

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06221.jpg

still had miles to go

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06232.jpg

beyond this bridge were those green farmlands..

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06243.jpg

Last edited by Mysticeyes : 29th August 2010 at 18:12.
Mysticeyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2010, 18:18   #35
Team-BHP Support

Nothing like seeing the state through state highways and nearby towns!
Imagine where we have come down to? We need to make an effort to see things, which we grew up to on a daily basis!

But nonetheless its worth its weight in gold !

Last edited by ampere : 29th August 2010 at 18:20.
Old 29th August 2010, 19:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

Excellent @mysticeyes; I'm hooked up for 2 reasons...
1. I'm planning a trip to Kalladakurichi; not sure when it would happen. So any pointers on it is highly appreciated
2. The RX pls post a few more pics if you've them. Tks.
Old 30th August 2010, 12:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nothing like seeing the state through state highways and nearby towns!
Imagine where we have come down to? We need to make an effort to see things, which we grew up to on a daily basis!

But nonetheless its worth its weight in gold !
My sentiments exactly.. For the past five years, I've been taking a journey to our past-people, places and experiences.This trip is one such, but limited to periphery as I had mentioned earlier. After all, this is where we came from. To quote few lines from a song by Chris Rea, a famous travel song artist:

"My world is miles of endless roads
That leaves a trail of broken dreams
Where have you been?
Where are you going to?
I want to know what is new
I want to go with you
What have you seen?
What do you know that is new?
Where are you going to?
Because I want to go with you
"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The RX pls post a few more pics if you've them. Tks.
Well, we couldn't bear the fact that the 'exotic' belonged to some other person and felt so helpless standing there and drooling its beauty. So we limited the click to just 1 pic for RX 100..anymore click woul've tempted us to steal it

a new irrigation canal being developed-near kalladakurichi
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06239.jpg

its back to greenlands again
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06245.jpg

fabia loves greenery all around
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06247.jpg

what you sow you reap..
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06250.jpg

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06254.jpg

TN had excellent signboards all around
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06261.jpg

just love these narrow alleys
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06262.jpg

alleys open out into>>
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06266.jpg
Old 30th August 2010, 13:16   #38
MX6
Senior - BHPian

You were 12 kms from Manimuthar falls and 7 from manimuthar dam. And you skipped. sigh.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Well, we couldn't bear the fact that the 'exotic' belonged to some other person and felt so helpless standing there and drooling its beauty. So we limited the click to just 1 pic for RX 100..anymore click woul've tempted us to steal it
Trust me, I was very much drooling over the RX though I own a home made brand new RX. I don't know what's there in that simple motorcycle, no matter how much I see them, I'm not tired. Its for sure in a good hands & I'm glad about that.

Quote:
TN had excellent signboards all around
Very true & sometimes they're too confusing also.

Waiting more to read on Kalladakurichi
Old 30th August 2010, 13:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
You were 12 kms from Manimuthar falls and 7 from manimuthar dam. And you skipped. sigh.
we took a sudden detour and went about 1 km on the dam route. But the road condition was pretty horrible and we decided to turn around since we had lots to cover that day.Like I had mentioned earlier, we would be making detailed trips to each and every interesting points pretty soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Trust me, I was very much drooling over the RX though I own a home made brand new RX. I don't know what's there in that simple motorcycle, no matter how much I see them, I'm not tired. Its for sure in a good hands & I'm glad about that.
OFF TOPIC - Its the same for all RX lovers. This is coming from a person who has been in love with RX from the first sight and has been using RX for 15 years Its not just a 'vehicle' to go from Point A to Point B. Rather, being in RX 100 is a journey in itself. there's lot of difference between a 'journey' and 'movement'. 4strokes are just 'movers'.

Barring RD, which other bike could give the pleasure of being like a king lording over his people as we cruise in 4th gear, sedately at 35km/hr..it just gave that feeling of a king on a horse on an evening walk-lazy yet regal.period.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:03   #41
Team-BHP Support

Nothing like the velvet green paddy fields!
Old 30th August 2010, 14:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the same for all RX lovers. This is coming from a person who has been in love with RX from the first sight and has been using RX for 15 years Its not just a 'vehicle' to go from Point A to Point B. Rather, being in RX 100 is a journey in itself. there's lot of difference between a 'journey' and 'movement'. 4strokes are just 'movers'.

Barring RD, which other bike could give the pleasure of being like a king lording over his people as we cruise in 4th gear, sedately at 35km/hr..it just gave that feeling of a king on a horse on an evening walk-lazy yet regal.period.
Rightly said & couldn't agree more; I'm all eyes to see Kalladakuruchi & local attractions.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:57   #43
Team-BHP Support

During the days in college some seven of my friends used to have Black RX100.

And when all the seven used to be on road, it almost looked like a rogue's gallery!
Old 31st August 2010, 10:50   #44
BHPian

some more views from the kalladakurichi-ambasamudram area

welcome to ambasamudram
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06280.jpg

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06281.jpg

again in greenery
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06271.jpg

the lushness all around made me doze off
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06276.jpg

49-30km in 1 hour that's called sedate driving
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06287.jpg

He overtook us many times as we had 'stop, click & go' drive..his cart and life were from the past, trying to go forward whereas we were trying to go back to the past, to his roots

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06301.jpg
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06296.jpg

acting as fence to encroaching modernity? the fields in background

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06298.jpg

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06299.jpg

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06320.jpg
Old 31st August 2010, 10:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

@Mysticeyes - I always have this feeling that TN's greens are not that pleasing as KL's greens. May be few areas such as Valparai/Pollachi has great greens & pleasing to eyes compared to KL. Is this just my feeling or do you also feel the same? I feel some freshness still with KL's green & TN's greens are slightly dried up. Since you're from KL, what's your observation on this?

Last edited by aargee : 31st August 2010 at 10:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks