Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 07:51   #1
BHPian

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad

There are some points in life when you feel enough is enough, you just want to be out somewhere 'down to earth', somewhere there would be no virtual world, blackberries, and for that matter-no better-halves eating up ears (I've renewed my insurance last week ). And one day morning, there was one car and four nuts who came together in search of solitude..

Sometimes, a glimpse of what lay ahead gives us the desire for knowing more and experiencing what is ahead..To be continued.
Attached Thumbnails
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06443.jpg  

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06218.jpg  

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06246.jpg  

Last edited by Mysticeyes : 25th August 2010 at 07:59.
Mysticeyes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2010, 08:31   #2
BHPian

Hi Mysticeyes,

Good teaser to start with. Waiting for more.
Old 25th August 2010, 09:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

Nice! 4 Nuts searching for solitude? That is already crowd!
Let us just say, you wanted to the first point to be the driver!

Now what was the first point? I leave it untold....
What did you say about insurance?
Old 25th August 2010, 09:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Is the view of the hills from the hillock the spot where Roja movie was shot - Kizhapuliyur village between Tenkasi and Sundarapandiapuram?
Old 25th August 2010, 11:05   #5
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Oh man. That's a dream stretch that you've done. One of the most scenic in TN. Add in Kuttralam falls near Tenkasi, Papanasam dam, Agathiyar falls, Mundanthurai tiger sanctuary, Manimuthar, you got yourself a bonanza!
Old 25th August 2010, 11:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice! 4 Nuts searching for solitude? That is already crowd!

That's another irony of life well, 3 nuts are far better than ONE nut burning a hole in my purse (especially during onam-the festival season). Some might call this as escapism Now, I presume that you've understood what I meant by 'insurance renewal'.

Let us just say, you wanted to the first pointer to be the driver!

Of course, i love & live to drive. Especially on the TN roads which are well maintained

Now what was the first point? I leave it untold....
What did you say about insurance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Is the view of the hills from the hillock the spot where Roja movie was shot - Kizhapuliyur village between Tenkasi and Sundarapandiapuram?
I'm not sure if the same location was used in 'Roja'. I was told that this location was used in the song 'Randakka' in the movie'Anniyan'.

This thread is a continuation to the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...amil-nadu.html

Amazed by the beauty of Tamilnadu, especially the interior parts, we've been planning for quite some time for such a travel. Due to many factors, the trip got postponed couple of times and 24/08 was the 'do it or leave it' day. Being onam, we couldn't be away from home for more than 1 day and hence settled for the Trivandrum-Nagercoil-Panakkudi-Kalakkad-Ambasamudram-Kalladakurichi-Thenkasi-Shenkottai-Aryankavu-Palode-Trivandrum route.

The total trip distance was 360Km which started at 6Am and concluded by 7.30Pm.

Please advice on how to include pics between the posts. I used to do it earlier, but now the pics are getting attached at the end only.
Attached Thumbnails
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06178.jpg  

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06127.jpg  

Mysticeyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2010, 12:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see this thread here, its something thats haunting my mind since many months. Hope to see many more pics and tips about the whole trip. So this story is being written without a 'heroine' in the whole episode ? Not fair !
Old 25th August 2010, 12:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey nice pics.

Use "Go Advanced". Click on the paper clip icon. A manage attachments window will open up. Upload using that. (I guess you have figured it out till this).

Once the pics are uploaded, click on the same paper clip icon. You will see the uploaded pics like a drop down menu. Choose the one you want to insert.

As you type out your travelogue, you can insert using the paper clip icon as needed.

Any picture that you have not inserted into your travelogue will get attached to the end of the post, I think.

Use preview to verify that the pictures and post is coming out well.

Hope this helps.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

This is the official "How to do it"

Keep uploading.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:25   #9
Team-BHP Support

So used to "regular hills", this one is different. This feels like fresh air.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
hence settled for the Trivandrum-Nagercoil-Panakkudi-Kalakkad-Ambasamudram-Kalladakurichi-Thenkasi-Shenkottai-Aryankavu-Palode-Trivandrum route.
As MX6 said, great route. And nice snaps.

Mysticeyes, I am sure you must have seen -

(a) the plantain (banana) farms (orchards?) in the vicinity of Nagercoil.
(b) Between Shencottah and Aryankavu the road would have gone near and under the railway track (a la Aradhana song).

Can you please post these pictures, if you have them when you reach that part of the trip?

The Skoda looks equally great!
Old 25th August 2010, 13:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Oh man. That's a dream stretch that you've done. One of the most scenic in TN. Add in Kuttralam falls near Tenkasi, Papanasam dam, Agathiyar falls, Mundanthurai tiger sanctuary, Manimuthar, you got yourself a bonanza!
Its a bonaza for sure, but we skipped those places since the trip had to made in one day. Next time, we are planning the manimuthar, manjolai, kalakkad tiger reserve etc. In this tour, we touched only the peripheral areas of all points. next trip is going to be detailed..to each and every point. boy, am I in love with these places???its beyond words to describe the feeling. one guy among us was to TN for the 2nd time in his life and he was sitting stunned throughout the trip, shaking head unbelievably

Here's a pic..stunned or lost in tranquility????

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06409.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Nice to see this thread here, its something thats haunting my mind since many months. Hope to see many more pics and tips about the whole trip. So this story is being written without a 'heroine' in the whole episode ? Not fair !
That's what 'insurances' are for Back in November '09, I took the 'heroine' along for a planned trip to thirunelveli-ambasamudram trip. Guess what?We were lost in few beautiful places for hours. But the only problem was that those 'places' were 'RMKV' and 'Pothys' @ nellai town. What turned out to be a trip to scenic places turned to be a trip to textile shops. So this time, no role was scripted for heroine

@csentil -thanks for the tips sir, I got the technique now

@ampere - we were all bit bored with the usual hills and lakes..hence chose the untrodden path. wish the trip could be carried on for more days..

@vrprabhu - I hope this is what you had mentioned, the plantain farms..I've couple of other pics from the same apot taken at various seasons. Never fail to stop at this point and have a break and snaps.As for the rail bridge near aryankavu, we missed snapping the train by just one minute, the train was almost halfway through the bridge as we reached there. sheer loss..would be posting the pics later on

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06062.jpg
Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc06063.jpg
Mysticeyes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2010, 14:20   #12
BHPian

My family is from Kallidaikurichi, and I've been there several times, usually by a train to thirunelveli, and ambassador from there. Will be awesome to view the inner roads of ambasamudram, kallidai and surrounding areas. Thanks for the visual treat, keep them coming.

I have done a fair bit of cycling around kallidai on a rented cycle, seen the sights and made loads of friends while swimming(chilling) in the thamraparani. This travelogue will be one I will be hooked onto, and will possibly emulate as soon as I get around to it.

Cheers,
Sriku
Old 25th August 2010, 14:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks very much for the immediate response. It seems they have grown / matured. What I was dreaming was more like plantain trees amidst the paddy fields... you know why, as you have done the same thing as I did!! Waiting for the road / rail pictures.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:00   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Thanks very much for the immediate response. It seems they have grown / matured. What I was dreaming was more like plantain trees amidst the paddy fields... you know why, as you have done the same thing as I did!! Waiting for the road / rail pictures.
these are pics taken from same spots during various trips

taken in October '06

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-stitched_001.jpg

taken in November '09

Rustic Tamilnadu - Shenkottai-Thenkasi-Kalladakurichi-Ambasamudram-Kalakkad-dsc03666.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
My family is from Kallidaikurichi, and I've been there several times, usually by a train to thirunelveli, and ambassador from there. Will be awesome to view the inner roads of ambasamudram, kallidai and surrounding areas. Thanks for the visual treat, keep them coming.

I have done a fair bit of cycling around kallidai on a rented cycle, seen the sights and made loads of friends while swimming(chilling) in the thamraparani. This travelogue will be one I will be hooked onto, and will possibly emulate as soon as I get around to it.

Cheers,
Sriku
thanks for giving me the 'over inspiration'..some friends are planning to go back to these on saturday. good lord, please give me the will to resist the temptation. who knows, may be we would be walking around ambasamudram/kalladaikurichi on saturday. it was raining (slight drizzles) yesterday through out the whole trip which made the climate so pleasant.
Mysticeyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2010, 17:17   #15
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Kallidaikuruchi is a very mouthwatering place for me. All those people who love the south indian Appalam (papad) in it's various tastes and ingredients) would know that Kallidaikuruchi Appalams are terrific!
My personal favourite is Maravellikizhangu appalam (marachini as people in south tn call it). Man, I'd better not drool over my keyboard again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks