Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 15:45   #91
BHPian

Evidence.......

Posting this enroute to Nagpur using the computer of a Dhaba owner near Sillari on NH7.
Since all of you can't wait, here's a teaser shot.

Count us and stop doubting
Pench Tiger Reserve - New season starts with a Bang !!!-img_97812.jpg

I was delaying posting as I did not have access to my laptop and I did not want to post without seeing them on big screen.
Hope my credibility is restored and you all will be satisfied for a while.

Driving down straight to the hospital now.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh

Last edited by abheekg : 14th March 2011 at 15:48.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pench Tiger Reserve - New season starts with a Bang !!!

Wow!!!!! Let more pictures come in
Old 14th March 2011, 16:28   #93
BHPian

Finally, the teasing worked guys! Dr. no doubt they are five. Fantastics. Keeping my finger crossed, to see them all in April.
Old 14th March 2011, 20:56   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Dr. no doubt they are five.
you are wrong. take a look again.
Let me rephrase my question again : How many tigers can you count in this photograph ?

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 14th March 2011, 21:18   #95
Senior - BHPian

I could count six and no more.. There are three on the left - two cubs facing the camera and one's back facing the camera (a bit doubtful on this, maybe it is the hind quarters again)

Then there are three on the right side - Collarwaali, her cub facing the camera and the hind quarters of another entering the depression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
Let me rephrase my question again : How many tigers can you count in this photograph ?

Dr. A Ghosh

Last edited by gd1418 : 14th March 2011 at 21:21.
Old 14th March 2011, 21:27   #96
BHPian

I too can count 6 , maybe 7 not sure.
5,6 or 7 it still is very unfair. How can these tigers do this, what about people like us often praying to see even one .
Waiting for the rest.
Regards
Old 14th March 2011, 22:10   #97
BHPian

Hi Abheek sir

Its seven tigers , which i can count in picture you uploaded . 4 in left and three in middle .
Old 14th March 2011, 22:22   #98
BHPian

Quote:

Dr. A Ghosh
Yeah! it's 5+1.

By the way, according to your theory, whenever, i go to jungle, i saw a male tiger. This is proved to be true so far. So, expecting this family with a male tiger at Pench this time. Hahahaha.

Where is others viz., kill, badi Maa etc. I think you forgot to put your copyright.

Last edited by Subrat Seet : 14th March 2011 at 22:24. Reason: Addition
Old 15th March 2011, 00:45   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I could count six and no more.. There are three on the left - two cubs facing the camera and one's back facing the camera (a bit doubtful on this, maybe it is the hind quarters again)

Then there are three on the right side - Collarwaali, her cub facing the camera and the hind quarters of another entering the depression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coooolcat21 View Post
5,6 or 7 it still is very unfair. How can these tigers do this, what about people like us often praying to see even one .
Waiting for the rest.
Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hi Abheek sir

Its seven tigers , which i can count in picture you uploaded . 4 in left and three in middle .

Hmmmm....... Very interesting!!! Go on...... speculate some more. How many ? 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7

Here, let me help you:

How's that ?
Pench Tiger Reserve - New season starts with a Bang !!!-img_9759.jpg

With the light being very tricky, it was very difficult to control the exposures.

What settings would the seniors have used to shoot in this condition? You will be very surprised by the settings that I have used for this pic. Will reveal the exif later. Check out the pic in full size.

Quote:
Yeah! it's 5+1.

By the way, according to your theory, whenever, i go to jungle, i saw a male tiger. This is proved to be true so far. So, expecting this family with a male tiger at Pench this time. Hahahaha.
Subrat: firstly, when you go to Pench it would be better if you keep this family out of your mind as there's so many other beautiful stuff to see here. Secondly, I don't think you will see any tigers if you go there aiming for the Tiger. Just go there normally and keep your fingers crossed. Enjoy all the sights and keep your ears open for distant alarm calls and your nostrils ready to pick up a whiff of a kill .

Come to Pench to see the jungles and you will see that the big cats will come out of their own.

Quote:
Where is others viz., kill, badi Maa etc. I think you forgot to put your copyright.
I hardly have time to download the images off the camera boss. The remaining will have to wait. As far as copyrighting is concerned, I see no point as anyone who wants to plagiarize these images will do them no matter I put a watermark or not. It will hardly take half a minute of photoshop for the same. So I rather put small sized images. For the same reason, the display of the other images will also have to wait.

I haven't found a record of such a shot with anyone yet and I think that we have made history here.

regards,

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 15th March 2011, 08:34   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coooolcat21 View Post
Coooolcat21,
There are 5 cubs facing the camera and the Collarwali with her back to the camera, totaling to 6.

Why?
1.Because, the mother will not allow even her own cubs from the previous litter to come anywhere near her nursing cubs as all are potential threat. Only after separating ways from her previous litter she mates, she is programmed this way, which rules out the possibility of her previous cubs in the photograph.

2. Males do not take part in upbringing of the cubs and are long gone once they mate. So no two adults here.

3. No other stray male, female, sub-adult, adult or cubs of other tigeress will be a part of this family portrait, as tigers are not a social and communal cats like the lions.

Unless Dr. Ghosh unveils something that contradicts the above and I end up with my foot in my mouth.
Quote:
Count us and stop doubting
Hope my credibility is restored and you all will be satisfied for a while.
Dr. Ghosh,
Great shots of the long awaited royal family. Thanks!
The first photograph of her and the single cub is an amazing animal-habitat shot, perfectly sunlit.

There was never a doubt, as all over the news was that the Collarwali has 5 cubs in Pench. It also was expected that Dr. Ghosh would do the honors of presenting to us, the family portrait.

'Your credibility', it could have just been a teaser from a fellow member. We know and I personally can vouch for it.

Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 15th March 2011 at 08:46.
Old 15th March 2011, 09:06   #101
BANNED

Abheek

As far as I count it is either 8 or 9.

Left side there are 4 cubs and then three just below the rock, one coming behing the last and one far right behind the bushes.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:10   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Abheek

As far as I count it is either 8 or 9.

Left side there are 4 cubs and then three just below the rock, one coming behing the last and one far right behind the bushes.
Rakesh,
Are you serious?
You are the most optimistic guy I have ever come across.

Another thing, notice the same approach angle of two different cubs at the same point of descent.
Pench Tiger Reserve - New season starts with a Bang !!!-img_9759.jpg

Pench Tiger Reserve - New season starts with a Bang !!!-img_97812.jpg

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 15th March 2011 at 10:19.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:34   #103
BHPian

Finally, The teasing has brought us two superb pictures. Thanks Abheek.

Abheek: Do not take to your heart man. If you read, all my logs, your name is there because i started my wildlife with you.

About tiger centric to Pench: It is not only Pench, whenever, i go to any jungle, i enjoy the habitat and its tranquility, if tiger sighting is there, it is a bonus. In Bandhavgarh, many times our guides tell us that Sir, lets move now otherwise we will miss tiger because it is tiger time.

After all, The cat is so beautiful and majestic that everybody will aspire to have a glance but at the same time we should not forgot to enjoy the habitat.

I wil take this oppertunity to thank Abheek for one of great thing. My first ever Jungle tour to Tadoba was with Abheek. In Reserve Bank, we have a in house magazine called 'Without Reserve' which published once in a two months. So, my article on Tadoba i.e., 'Trailing the big cat' has been published. I want to thank especially Dr. Abheek Ghosh for that.

Subrat
Old 15th March 2011, 10:50   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Abheek: Do not take to your heart man. If you read, all my logs, your name is there because i started my wildlife with you.
Yeaah! Dr. Ghosh, your patients are in for an overdose of supplements today. Whoa!
Old 15th March 2011, 11:42   #105
Senior - BHPian

And the good Doc will have an overkill along with an overdose post April...

If only he gets time to plan my itinerary....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Yeaah! Dr. Ghosh, your patients are in for an overdose of supplements today. Whoa!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks