Team-BHP - Yercaud-->Been there, Roamed there and Enjoyed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Yercaud-->Been there, Roamed there and Enjoyed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/92221-yercaud-been-there-roamed-there-enjoyed-4.html)

Just back from a yercaud trip today. Followed this thread and did all the things as done by Shishir. Stayed at House Of Peace. For those following this thread, the place is a missionary convent, a seminary for the Sisters. One of their bungalows with few rooms are rented out for tourists. Its Rs 450 per head including all meals, delicious home made south indian food, not at all hotel like. Perfect for family + kids/old people. Not recommended for bachelors, not sure if they will let out. This place is known a Kanadi Bangla to the locals. Few things I did -
1. Just outside the boat house there is this guy who write your name on a grain of rice and then put it inside a glass cylinder filled with liquid and make a keychain out of it. Difficult to describe here, but its worth the 20 rupees he charges.
2. The bajjis sold around the lake was poor in taste, however few of them sells boiled egg which is delicacy i.e. only if you are a boiled egg lover like me. The egg is wrapped in a besan layer, fried, cut into four pieces and sprinkled with pepper. Goes very well with tea in this chilly weather.
3. Guava jelly from Bhavani Singh perfumery shop was very good. Bought a so-called homemade chocolate for the kid. But it was a ripoff. Two pieces of thin Arrowroot biscuit wrapped with chocolate selling for rs 25 was too bad. I can't comment on their medicinal oils.
4. Plum cake from VP Bakery was very tasty.

Overall it was nice refreshing trip made memorable by our stay in House Of Peace. Don't expect hotel like ambience from them but their love more than made up for whatever was lacking. Would recommend to everyone.

Wonderful @fordday. Nice to kn ow that this travelogue has helped you in some way. Also I am happy that you went to House of Peace. As you said I don't think bachelors will like it. But even then they have a separate building (St. Mary building) for the purpose. Thanks for adding value to this thread

Hey Shishir,

Sorry yar, Missed out this thread somehow. I was searching for recent travelogues on hillstations nearby Bangalore and found this. Nice trip you had, Xylo did well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacs (Post 2166740)
Hey Shishir,

Sorry yar, Missed out this thread somehow. I was searching for recent travelogues on hillstations nearby Bangalore and found this. Nice trip you had, Xylo did well!

Absolutely Jacss. Good to know that you came to this thread. Xylo did well on all fronts. Superb. Hope you also do this once and enjoy your truck

Can we rent out a bicycle out there to spend the day enjoying some exercise?
Are distances too far over uphill/downhill slopes to enjoy this?

Thanks.

Ragul,
The distances are not much but slopes aren't for normal bicycle riding. Atleast I didn't see any over there.