Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2016, 22:25   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Day trip to the Beautiful Grasslands of Bangalore

Had been to the grasslands with a plan for a portfolio shoot for a colleague. But I was shocked to see a Metal gate with a lock and a big board saying NO ENTRY

Also there was another board with pictures mentioning No Drinking, No racing, No hunting. The guards didn't let us even when we requested and told that we will only walk and not take our vehicles inside.

Dejected, we came back. But this is another example where abuse of a resource has spoilt it and because of some miscreants and anti social activities, all other people are banned from experiencing a beautiful place.

Trekking ban in Skandagiri is another example that comes to my mind.
Sadly for now, Grasslands is another plane gone out of the list of good photography locations around Bangalore.

I get the question in my mind isn't there a better thing apart from banning everything? But then I also get an answer "we deserve this".
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 10:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Had been to the grasslands with a plan for a portfolio shoot for a colleague. But I was shocked to see a Metal gate with a lock and a big board saying NO ENTRY

Also there was another board with pictures mentioning No Drinking, No racing, No hunting. The guards didn't let us even when we requested and told that we will only walk and not take our vehicles inside.

Dejected, we came back. But this is another example where abuse of a resource has spoilt it and because of some miscreants and anti social activities, all other people are banned from experiencing a beautiful place.

Sadly for now, Grasslands is another plane gone out of the list of good photography locations around Bangalore.

I get the question in my mind isn't there a better thing apart from banning everything? But then I also get an answer "we deserve this".
Hi Hemanth,

Need some advice-

I was looking for a weekend morning drive for few of us, and came across this place, Hesaraghatta Grass lands. I thought of riding down and probably catch up for a break fast at Taj Kutiram. But then I did a quick search on T-BHP and see this post of yours. Thought of checking with you before I do more search on the net. So do you say that now it is not a good option to go there?

Any comments appreciated.
Old 19th October 2016, 10:26   #63
BHPian

Quote:

The grasslands have been offlimits for quite some time now. In mid-Sep, I took my relatives to Shivasamudram, and the steps that lead downwards to one of the falls were barricaded. Reason being, a month back 4 people had drowned while taking selfies!
Old 19th October 2016, 10:43   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Hi Hemanth,

Need some advice-

I was looking for a weekend morning drive for few of us, and came across this place, Hesaraghatta Grass lands. I thought of riding down and probably catch up for a break fast at Taj Kutiram. But then I did a quick search on T-BHP and see this post of yours. Thought of checking with you before I do more search on the net. So do you say that now it is not a good option to go there?

Any comments appreciated.
You can still go for a breakfast at Taj Kuteeram. You can visit the nearby Hesaraghatta lake too. But then the highlight of that area is the grasslands and since that is off-limits, it may not be worth driving so far.
Old 19th October 2016, 11:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can still go for a breakfast at Taj Kuteeram. You can visit the nearby Hesaraghatta lake too. But then the highlight of that area is the grasslands and since that is off-limits, it may not be worth driving so far.
Thanks for that tip.

I just called up Taj Kuteeram to check on their facility, and they said they are closed for renovation at the moment. So it looks like then there is no point in travelling to there, unless there are any other restaurants available + if we have a visit to the lake as you mentioned.
Old 21st August 2023, 19:33   #66
BANNED

I have been to three of the above locations from the Original Post, but not Nrityagram. Is the grasslands still open for the public? I am asking this because it was closed for non-permissive entry due to some illegal activity back few years ago.

Also, At Byalkere Peacock Reserve, i couldn't sight any peacock when i visited long back. Back then there was no standard security to the place, as i have heard poachers entering the place for their requirements. It appears like that even this is closed for public entry.

Hessaraghatta Lake is now fenced, and the open view is not possible now. Again, how can anyone enter the water-bed with their cars and vehicles. I don't find any directions to there.

I think i had possibly checked this thread back few years ago to visit the above locations.
Old 22nd August 2023, 09:41   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreccentric View Post
Is the grasslands still open for the public? I am asking this because it was closed for non-permissive entry due to some illegal activity back few years ago.
I also went years back and am interested in any responses to this. Taj Kuteeram is permanently closed but could be open under new management. There is a boutique farmstay nearby called Earth Kitchen though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks