Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 19:49   #1
BHPian

Bridgestone vs Michelin for an '06 Accord

hi,

i want to change the tyres on my 2006 honda accord. OE tyres have done 45000k. 205/65 15 bridgestone turanza.

i am looking for a trye with good grip in both dry and wet. have shortlisted michelin primacy LC
bridgestone potenza G 3 standard size.

and are there better options avaiable and is there an advantage in upsizing the tyres to 225/60 15s?

kindly advice.
Old 22nd June 2011, 06:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: bridgestone vs michelin

Does LC mean Lower cost, when i changed the tyres of my Baleno the bridgestones were cheaper then the Michelin and the guy told "Michelin are better but they would last little less then the bridgestones". Did not bother to check and changed to bridgestones as i wanted the tyres to last atleast 40K-50K (My last Goodyear tyres lasted 48K).
Old 22nd June 2011, 10:34   #3
BHPian

I have Bridgestone Potenza G3s on my Baleno, they have run 67000 km as of now and look good for another 10k. I have never had a problem with braking or cornering. Best of all they don't make any noise going up Multi level car parks.
I have never read a bad review of the G3s as yet, it is only that people seem to dismiss them as being too old a design.
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:20   #4
BHPian

Primacy LC is a good choice for comfort tyres. Another good tyre is the Yoko C drive, and its supposed to have excellent wet grip as well. You can go for either of these two tyres, both will serve you well.

As for upsize, well you'll get better grip for sure. But do you need it? Unless you are really not happy with the grip id suggest sticking to stock.

PS: Is it 205/65 R15 or R16? Afaik the accord always had 16 inch rims.
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:22   #5
Team-BHP Support

G3s are too old, have a stiff ride and make loads of noise. Avoid them if you ask me.
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:44   #6
BHPian

its 15 inches. i guess the v6 came with 16s in the old accord. i dont have any problems with grip in the current size. guess i'll stick with it.
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:45   #7
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang language is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Kindly ensure that you type in full & proper English, for the benefit of other board users.

We hereby advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2011 at 20:47.
differential is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:57   #8
BHPian

Re: Bridgestone vs Michelin for an '06 Accord

i came across goodyear eagle f1 in the OE size for the accord and the trye dealer was keen on selling it over the michelins and bridgestones. he claims they are better than the others. he is quoting 6500 per tyre for the eagle f1. is this the actual cost of the tyre and how are the eagle f1 tyres?
Old 23rd June 2011, 23:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest stick to the Primacy LCs, or the Yoko C Drives. They're the perfect all rounder tyres, much better technology than the Eagle F1s or Potenzas, and more than enough to put up with a 2006 Honda Accord's performance capabilities.

As for size, a 20mm upsize is unnecessary unless you're going for the looks. Stick to stock.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:49   #10
BHPian

Yep stick to the Primacy LC's or C drives. And do check with other dealers on the price as well. Im think it should be in the range of 5k-5.5k per tyre
Old 24th June 2011, 22:13   #11
BHPian

thank you sir. i have deceided on michelin tyres. i will check out the prices and stick to the stock size. happy motoring
Old 30th June 2012, 04:00   #12
BHPian

New tyres for 05 2.4 Honda Accord

Hi everyone,

My 05 2.4 MT Accord is coming up to a major overhaul. This includes all 4 tyres which are almost at the end of their life (the threads are still there, but they are quite old and keep loosing air pressure every few days).

The stock size is 205/65/R15 I think? The current tyres on the car are some average Bridgestone's.

I looked around the forum and found that everyone recommends to go for 225/60/R15. Sounds good to me as the drive mostly includes Delhi-Gurgaon-Delhi (80kmph most of the way, apart from the toll booth jam ). Plus the monsoons are about to start so more grip would be nice to have.

I have zeroed down to Yokohama C drives. But this is mainly based on the general view on the forum and I am not sure which other brands and models to compare it with.

Budget is reasonable but definitely not looking for high end performance tyres. The car hardly ever touches even 120kmph and is never driven rashly. But at the same time I am also not looking for looong distance tyres and would be happy with a life of just 25k - 30k kms. This would most probably be the last set of tyres for this car before I sell it off.

Looking to buy these in the next couple of days. Also if anyone knows a good place in Delhi to get these then that would be awesome!

Thanks for your time and hope to receive some suggestions soon!

@Mods: I thought of posting this on some existing thread but couldn't find any related to my specific query and most of them are quite outdated. If this turns out to be a duplicate post please feel free to merge it with others.
Old 30th June 2012, 07:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: New tyres for 05 2.4 Honda Accord

Look for gaurav_chopra thread on Yokos, he had some not-so-good experiences with Yokos, but if the target is 25-30K then i don't think Yokos will have any trouble satisfying you.

Here is the thread, i mentioned earlier.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...performer.html
Old 30th June 2012, 11:00   #14
Team-BHP Support

The C Drives will be perfect for what you mentioned above. They are silent, comfortable and have acceptable grip.
Old 30th June 2012, 18:17   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Look for gaurav_chopra thread on Yokos, he had some not-so-good experiences with Yokos, but if the target is 25-30K then i don't think Yokos will have any trouble satisfying you.

Here is the thread, i mentioned earlier.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...performer.html
Thanks for the heads up but I think they are discussing about S drives which are different to C drives. On the recent posts everyone seem to be liking C drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The C Drives will be perfect for what you mentioned above. They are silent, comfortable and have acceptable grip.
Thanks for the reply. Even I am convinced for the C drives now. Just for the sake of it, which other tyre, brand should I be comparing these with?

I also hope the 225 tyres would not create any fitting or suspension problem?

Thanks again! Gonna get the tyres fitted on Monday

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks