Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-129.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenren (Post 3610957)
185/70R14 is a huge improvement over the skinny 165s while still adhering to OEM spec and can be used with the OEM steel rims of Swift. I've felt the upgrade to lower profile tyres would result in comprising the ride quality, especially at rear seats where Swift is already not so comfortable.

Mine is a Petrol mate, one of the harshest rides today, and believe me, lowering the profile has resulted as huge handling plus, moreover the Yoko A drives being a big leap forward in terms of rubber quality have made the ride better too. The car feels so much planted now that I tend to miss my old Palio lesser now, the ride is much smoother and it takes away that harsh bumpy feeling totally, even more so in the back.
60 is not low by any standards, and you got to try it to feel if the difference.
It is not OEM, but the perimeter, the height is same as 165/80. Even the ZXi 185/65R15 or the185/70R14 don't match the height and the perimeter of 165/80R14. So if one really wants not to alter these, 195/60R15 is the best and the perfect fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WasavaTyres (Post 3610972)
185/70/R14 has been available in Earth One for the past one month now.
Check with your local dealer.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Order of priority are:
1. Grip under dry as well as wet condition, braking efficiency.
2. Comfort
3. Noise
4. Mileage
5. Durability

I've felt XM1+ to be better than A-Drive
Confused between XM2 and Earth.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozhissery (Post 3611165)

Been using the E1 over 10K Kms.
I feel that they are as good as the XM2, if not better.(And cheaper too) :D

From my experience I would say they are a good choice.

Quote:

Order of priority are:
2. Comfort
3. Noise
4. Mileage
5. Durability

Reading your priorities,it seems bigestone turanza suits well.2nd option will be xm2

Quote:

Honestly you can go for either one of them. Michelin would be a tad better but Earth 1 has been specially designed for Indian roads. Go with whatever suits your budget. :)

Today got the quote which confused me.
Yokohama Earth 1: 4200/-
Michelin XM2: 4800/-
Bridgestone Turanza ER60: 4500/-
Bridgestone Turanza AR20: Not available

Which one of the above should I get? I thought of going for AR20.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozhissery (Post 3615032)
Today got the quote which confused me.
Yokohama Earth 1: 4200/-
Michelin XM2: 4800/-
Bridgestone Turanza ER60: 4500/-
Bridgestone Turanza AR20: Not available

Which one of the above should I get? I thought of going for AR20.

I would say Michelin XM2. The best of the lot. If not Michelin look at Yokohama's.

Got Conti Comfort Contact CC5 in 185/70R14 for my Swift zxi and they are excellent as far as the first three of your priorities are concerned. As for the remaining two, time will tell as the tires are barely a couple of months old. Price was 4300/ per tire. These are made in India but the finish and the quality of rubber used is visually excellent.

Quote:

Order of priority are:
2. Comfort
3. Noise
4. Mileage
5. Durability

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3615074)
I would say Michelin XM2. The best of the lot. If not Michelin look at Yokohama's.

Is XM2 worth the premium when compared to Yokohama?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozhissery (Post 3615395)

I have heard good reviews for XM2 hence I suggested.

That will be the tyre which I'll choose when the OEM (Factory ones) wear out which I feel would last another 15K kms (Odo currently at 33K kms).

Quote:

Michelins might be marginally better than the Yokohamas, but it is purely an individual's choice whether the premium is worth it. For example, there are audiophiles who invest north of 50k in ICE because they feel that premium is worth it. On the other hand, there are people like me who do not have such sensitive ears and cannot really tell the difference between a 20k setup and a 100k setup.

I've seen a lot of satisfied customers of Yokohama, though I've not had first hand experience with it. I'm currently running XM2 on one Swift and XM1+ on the second. I'm really satisfied with the performance from both Michelins when compared to the stock JK I got as OEM in both cars. Between XM1+ and XM2, I've not really felt a big difference, though Michelin has obviously advertised at the launch of XM2 that it is a much more improved tyre than the outgoing model. If that is the kind of improvement/difference between Yoko and Michelin, you are unlikely to feel the difference.

Quote:

A difference of Rs. 2400 for four Michelins over Yokos was not worth for me as I saw excellent reviews of both equally. I got the Yoko A Drives, with 5 years warranty, and they are 195/60-15, for my Swift and I am thoroughly satisfied. Whole character of the Car is changed. I am using them for some 5-6 months now and the kind of grip they provide is just awesome, ride is much much more planted, small undulations are taken care by the Yokos and braking stands much more improved. The car feels planted even at illegal speeds and gives confidence like never before.

Personally, I've felt that XM1+ to be better than Yokohama A-Drive.

I'd like to know what would be the difference between XM1+/XM2 vs Yokohama Earth1.

I have been using Yoko S.drives 205/55-R15 in my Rapid for past 2 years.
Done about 12k+ kms on highways includes very bad roads. Touched 180kms/hr couple of times. Very happy over all. IMO they are bit hard but handling/drivability wise very satisfied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozhissery (Post 3615592)
Personally, I've felt that XM1+ to be better than Yokohama A-Drive.

I'd like to know what would be the difference between XM1+/XM2 vs Yokohama Earth1.

XM2 is more comfort oriented. Good grip, low tyre noise, better grip in wet conditions as well. They will be less durable than Earth 1. Earth 1 has been specifically designed for Indian conditions. You can expect them to be noisier than XM2. Grip wise more or less the same.

If price difference is not much then you can go with Michelins otherwise go with Earth1. You won't regret buying either one.