Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-138.html)

Hi,

Having gone through the last few replies now i am confused whether to go for 185/65 r15 (stock size) or shift to 195/60 as a upgrade?

If yes which brand should i go for considering a budget of around 5k per tyre and mostly do runs in the city itself and occasional highway visits. I am looking for road noise reduction and decent grip over wet/dry surface and have a running of around 20-25k in a year.

Order of priority are:
1. Grip under dry as well as wet condition, braking efficiency.
2. Comfort
3. Noise
4. Mileage
5. Durability

I am skeptical about soft compound ones as i feel they dont last as much as the hard compound ones.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4247124)
I'll prefer the MRF Z.L.O over the Apollo anyday.

If the road you take is not good with lot of potholes etc, then I am not sure how these tyres will withstand the torture but if roads are decent and driven carefully plus performing wheel alignment, balancing etc at prescribed intervals then nothing should stop the tyres from performing well.

I love the pattern on the Z.L.O's

Attachment 1664152

PS: These are the 195/60 R15 ones.

Hi Anurag,

I was planning to fit 195 60 r15 on my swift zdi and was wondering if you have any idea how mrf perfinza are?

Thanks

Team,

Am a little torn between the ZLOs and $G Alanacs.
Can someone please advise for a 185/70R14 Swift 2010 on stock alloys?

Any alternatives in this price band, and what prices should I expect for the set?

There is an option to go in for Falkens 835 185/70R14 88H via snapdeal for 13.5k for a set of four.

I am using ZLOs 185/70R14 since 33 months (28700 kms) and I am very happy with them.

Absolutely no issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gixxerboy (Post 4320441)
Hi Anurag,

I was planning to fit 195 60 r15 on my swift zdi and was wondering if you have any idea how mrf perfinza are?

Thanks

I haven't seen this one on any car so far so no idea how it would be, sorry.

What are the other options you are looking for the 195/60 R15 tyre??

Quote:

Originally Posted by gixxerboy (Post 4320441)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4321569)

A detailed review of the Perfinzas by DBHPian Nikhil: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4310638

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4321569)

What are the other options you are looking for the 195/60 R15 tyre??

I was thinking of earth 1, goodyear triple max assurance or apollo alnac 4g? most tyres being within a range of 5200rs per unit.

Also i was wondering if i go for the size of 195 65 r15 , how would it be? i have read previous queries in this post which say some didnt face any problem while some did , i would like to know your opinion on the same.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by gixxerboy (Post 4321977)
Also i was wondering if i go for the size of 195 65 r15 , how would it be?

Get the Yokohama Earth 1, they are good tyres.

I'll say get 195/60 R15 rather than the 195/65 R15.

I'm in a Dilemma. A proud owner of Swift Petrol 2012 Model, have stock Goodyear tyres.
But last year, one front tyre had a blow out so had to replace it promptly en-route the trip in Kurnool with MRF ZV2K and added one more ZV2K when i returned to Hyderabad after the trip.

Now, with 45K Under the belt and the three Goodyear tyres ( incl stepney ) being close to 7years old, want to replace them.

So, should i go with 2 tyres of MRF ZLX ( quoted price 2700/-) and add them on the front end with ZV2K doing service at the rear OR

Replace all the tyres with Michelin XM2 (quoted price 3800/-).

I believe in keeping the car as stock as possible so it is 165/80 R14 only for me including XM2's.

How will the Michelins be in this size? Will they last the distance for atleast 40K, puncture free ride? What about the comfort and grip levels?
Are they worth the premium over ZLX which is being marketed as a comfort range tyre by MRF?

Please solve this riddle of mine which is eating my head since a week.:Frustrati
Thanks.

Hi can anyone help me with the situation. I own a 2011 Swift VXI and am planning for a change of shoes, currently she is running on stock tires 165/80/14, I am planning to upsize them to 195/60/15, i got my hand on a good 15 inch rims from my friend who owns a Baleno. The question that troubles me is the will the 15 inch rims fit to my Swift. i had checked for PCD and other details everything is except the Offset, can anyone help me with the situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime (Post 4381377)
Hi can anyone help me with the situation. I own a 2011 Swift VXI and am planning for a change of shoes, currently she is running on stock tires 165/80/14, I am planning to upsize them to 195/60/15, i got my hand on a good 15 inch rims from my friend who owns a Baleno. The question that troubles me is the will the 15 inch rims fit to my Swift. i had checked for PCD and other details everything is except the Offset, can anyone help me with the situation.

Yes. the PCD for Baleno and Swift are the same. It's 100.

There's no issue with 195/60 R15 rubber on stock rims.

Please go ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gixxerboy (Post 4312838)
Hi,

Having gone through the last few replies now i am confused whether to go for 185/65 r15 (stock size) or shift to 195/60 as a upgrade?

If yes which brand should i go for considering a budget of around 5k per tyre and mostly do runs in the city itself and occasional highway visits. I am looking for road noise reduction and decent grip over wet/dry surface and have a running of around 20-25k in a year.

Order of priority are:
1. Grip under dry as well as wet condition, braking efficiency.
2. Comfort
3. Noise
4. Mileage
5. Durability

I am skeptical about soft compound ones as i feel they dont last as much as the hard compound ones.

Thanks.

Hello mate,

Are you done with the change of tyres? I have the exact same conundrum, whether to stick with 185/65 or upgrade to 195/60. Also, torn between Earth 1 and ZLO. If done, please do let me know the choice you made and your feedback as well. Would really appreciate it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinothAJ (Post 4382524)
Hello mate,

Are you done with the change of tyres? I have the exact same conundrum, whether to stick with 185/65 or upgrade to 195/60. Also, torn between Earth 1 and ZLO. If done, please do let me know the choice you made and your feedback as well. Would really appreciate it!

Yes i am done with the same and i went with a different option all together which is 195 65 with stock alloys. I went for a set of 4 JK's UX Royale which i feel isnt the best but on a tight budget it floats my boat pretty well.

I personally feel yes ride quality and FE have dropped a bit but it is nothing drastic there is no sidewall scraping issue in full load condition.

Earth 1 is good, tried and tested on Indian roads , it is a safe option you can go for but my suggestion would be keeping ZLO aside and trying out MRF Perfinza in 195/60 , it is one amazing underdog tyre which very few people know about and use. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by gixxerboy (Post 4382569)
Yes i am done with the same and i went with a different option all together which is 195 65 with stock alloys. I went for a set of 4 JK's UX Royale which i feel isnt the best but on a tight budget it floats my boat pretty well.

I personally feel yes ride quality and FE have dropped a bit but it is nothing drastic there is no sidewall scraping issue in full load condition.

Earth 1 is good, tried and tested on Indian roads , it is a safe option you can go for but my suggestion would be keeping ZLO aside and trying out MRF Perfinza in 195/60 , it is one amazing underdog tyre which very few people know about and use. :thumbs up

Thanks mate. Any specific reason for choosing 195/65 over 195/60? Pardon me if its a silly question!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy07 (Post 4382111)
Yes. the PCD for Baleno and Swift are the same. It's 100.

There's no issue with 195/60 R15 rubber on stock rims.

Please go ahead.

Hi Prodigy07,
Thank you for the advise, i was wondering if the Offset would make any difference. For Swift it is 45 and Baleno has 38. i was a bit worried here, hence reconsidering my decision for 15 inch rims. I wonder will 195/65/14 work. I have read a few BHPians try that, but haven't come across any posts giving their experiences so far.
Members can anyone post their experience after upgrading to 195/65/r14. please: