Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-139.html)

I want to get a set of Alloys for my Swift. Any idea which place is best in Hyderabad which retails in Good brands of Alloys like Plati? Also suggestions are welcome for any other impressive brands and price range of them.

I have a Swift VXi with 165/R14 that has completed 40K Kms and I think the time has come to change the tyres. My dilemma is I will not be keeping the car beyond April of next year so it's no point going for fairly expensive ones.
My daily drive is close to 50 kms and it's a fair mix of highway and potholes filled back streets. So as per you guys what are my options?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacific (Post 4430585)
I have a Swift VXi with 165/R14 that has completed 40K Kms and I think the time has come to change the tyres. My dilemma is I will not be keeping the car beyond April of next year so it's no point going for fairly expensive ones.
My daily drive is close to 50 kms and it's a fair mix of highway and potholes filled back streets. So as per you guys what are my options?

Go with either JK or even cheaper Kenda tyres, run them as much as you want and then sell off.
Best deal :thumbs up

For the new Swift, what should be the idea size for replacement of 165/80 R14 tires. I don't intend to upgrade alloys to R15, but want to replace 165/80 R14 with a little broader tires. For my older Ritz, I have 185/70 R14 but not sure if the same size is OK for new Swift as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headbanger (Post 4521797)
For the new Swift, what should be the idea size for replacement of 165/80 R14 tires. I don't intend to upgrade alloys to R15, but want to replace 165/80 R14 with a little broader tires. For my older Ritz, I have 185/70 R14 but not sure if the same size is OK for new Swift as well.

185/70R14 used to be ideal upgrade for 1st generation swift which also had stock size 165/80R14. Go ahead with tyre upgrade similar to your Ritz.

Was able to get hold of 4 close-to-new 15 inch rims and wheel caps for my 2012 Ritz. The seller had upgraded to alloy wheels on his new Baleno and the odometer reading on his car was around the 600 km mark. Cost incurred was 3500 bucks.

Have also ordered 4 Michelin Energy XM2 185/65 R15 88H tyres from Amazon.in for rupees 4212 per tyre.

Total expense so far is 20348 rupees. Is this a decent deal folks? I do not plan to get the rims balanced as they have weights attached from the factory and with the low mileage on them I believe it should be fine to skip it until the next service.

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron.head (Post 4584327)
Have also ordered 4 Michelin Energy XM2 185/65 R15 88H tyres from Amazon.in for rupees 4212 per tyre.

Update:

Got the installation done today at a reputed tyre dealer.

Sold off the existing 7 years old 14” rims and stock tyres for 1000 bucks and got the XM2’s and the Baleno 15” rims installed. The old tyres had cracks on the sidewalls and were severely worn out despite some thread still visible on them. Pretty quick and neat job it was. The XM2’s delivered by Amazon were brand new and are still running in. The dealer quoted 5400 bucks per tyre for the XM2’s and considering this, the price of 4200 bucks from Amazon certainly seems to be a great deal!

Will update the experience once the running in period is over. Cheers!

I want to upgrade to 195/65 R 14 with alloy rims from 185/ 70 R14 for my swift vxi 2015. My questions:
1. Is it possible?
2. What are the pros and cons?

Hey everyone.

I own a Swift VXI 2016 model which has run ~36,000 kms and I am thinking of upgrading the tires in next ~5,000 kms. The stock size is 165/80 R14, however, I want to upgrade them to the next best available size. I do not mind the fuel efficiency dropping a bit and I would also prefer better handing and braking (as VXI has very poor brakes) than comfort. It would be great if you guys can suggest a couple of good options for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree (Post 4655905)
I own a Swift VXI 2016 model which has run ~36,000 kms and I am thinking of upgrading the tires in next ~5,000 kms. The stock size is 165/80 R14, however, I want to upgrade them to the next best available size. I do not mind the fuel efficiency dropping a bit and I would also prefer better handing and braking (as VXI has very poor brakes) than comfort. It would be great if you guys can suggest a couple of good options for the same.

I have a Dzire VXI which came with the same size as that of yours, I upgraded them at 38,000 kms to Bridgestone Turanza ER60 185/70/r14. The difference wrt old MRF ZV2K was night and day to be honest and that's all I have to say. Amazing rubber!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rshrey22 (Post 4656372)
I have a Dzire VXI which came with the same size as that of yours, I upgraded them at 38,000 kms to Bridgestone Turanza ER60 185/70/r14. The difference wrt old MRF ZV2K was night and day to be honest and that's all I have to say. Amazing rubber!

Thanks. I'll surely keep these in contention while upgrading the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree (Post 4655905)

Hi, I have upgraded the tires on my Swift VDi in Jan 218 to Apollo 4G Life's 185/70 R14 tires and in my opinion it is the right upgrade for Swift without having much effect on mileage. The car feels more confident in cornering and it did improve the car's stance as well.

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20191017_123617__01.jpg

Dear TBHPians

Am looking for a replacement of my MRF ZLO's (185/70 R14)

Am confused between

1. Apollo Alnac 4g
2. Yokohama Earth 1 and
3. Bridgestone

Any first hand feedback on the above would be really appreciated

Quote:

Originally Posted by TS09SRITOG (Post 4676324)
Hi, i have upgraded the tires on my swift vdi in Jan 218 to Apollo 4G life's 185/70 R14 tires and in my opinion it is the right upgrade for swift without having much effect on mileage. The car feels more confident in cornering and it did improve the car's stance as well.

Thanks buddy. Since you are in Hyderabad, can you also tell me the place where you got your tyres upgraded?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree (Post 4695914)
Thanks buddy. Since you are in Hyderabad, can you also tell me the place where you got your tyres upgraded?

Hi Amit,

I got them from Bharti Tyres in Koti, however, when i am trying to look on Google, it says permanently closed now. You can find multiple tyre dealers in Osmangunj Road after you cross the Karachi Bakery signal. One of the most popular stores is Mulla Fida Ali Tyres, they have one in Punjagutta as well.