Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-144.html)

Has anyone installed 16” alloys on current generation swift? I want to upgrade my vxi’s 14” steel rims and tires to either 15” or 16” ones. In 16” I like Lenso Jager Dyna alloys. Has anyone installed 16” alloys on the current generation swift? (Mine is 2022 model)
If so, how is the ride quality and are any other modifications needed to add 16” alloys?
What tire size to install if I choose 16” , 195/55 R16 or 195/60 R16. ?

I have a 2013 ZXi.
Coming up for a 2000km trip soon.
Car already under for checks.

Present tyre set up has completed 43k & worn out and giving a hard riding experience. Lost the fun in drives.
Need tyre set up for:-
- comfortable ride
- good grip and stability
- low noise
- dont need frequent punctures!

Need to cater for those pothole ridden patches & long highway trips.
Any suggestions pls!

Not tyre related questions, if mods may allow pls:-

—Upgrade light set up. Not much illumination on standard lights for night journeys.

— Engine oil suggestions.

— suspension upgrade

Have two weeks with me for the change set up & testing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker_Ajax (Post 5669252)
I have a 2013 ZXi.
- comfortable ride
- low noise

Need to cater for those pothole ridden patches & long highway trips.
Any suggestions pls!
—Upgrade light set up. Not much illumination on standard lights for night journeys.
— Engine oil suggestions.
— suspension upgrade

Hi. would suggest 195/60/15, preferably continental, as Michelins are not plenty available, anything above that will affect fuel efficiency badly.
For headlight i was running 90/100 setup with Philips Rallye bulb and Philips relay kit and was pretty satisfied even on non illuminated roads.
Suspension upgrade and forgot about comfort.
Since mine was diesel, i was using Rimula R3x for several years and was pretty satisfied with it, since yours is petrol, go with manufacturer specifications.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker_Ajax (Post 5669252)
- comfortable ride
- low noise

You can get all of the above characteristics with any decent tyre option even in stock size. Just avoid the ultra-cheap options from brands such as MRF, Goodyear, Ceat, etc. and you'll be good. And if you wish to go for a slightly wider tyre, 195/60R15 is the recommended size.

Quote:

Upgrade light set up. Not much illumination on standard lights for night journeys.
Go for 100/90w Philips/Osram bulbs with dedicated wiring kit and ceramic holders. This setup offers notable improvement in light intensity without compromising on beam throw/focus. Before upgrade, do ensure that headlight outer lens and reflectors are in good shape.

For other queries, you'll get better answers from experienced members by posting in dedicated threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxskllr (Post 5515056)
Hey mate, i went through a similar upgrade path. Baleno 185/65/R15 to 195/60/R15.

I was also looking for good grip, less noise and decently rugged tyres which don't puncture.

Finally went ahead with UC6. I have covered 10k on these tyres and have faced only 1 puncture (in city, a nail). Parag, a bhipan has been to rough terrains on these tyres and they performed well.

Go for the UC6, you will not regret it! Ensure that the stock is fresh (less than 6months old)!:thumbs up

UC6 or CC6

I hv a 2000km journey coming up & only stuff pending is tyre upgrade.
Will go for 195/60/15 from stock 185/65.

cc6 are silent & comfortable, how do they fare on Indian roads compared to uc6?
The major worry is side wall bursting & handling punctures. Faced a side wall burst once on stock long back.
How is cc6 vs uc6 on this aspect?

The grip & confidence during corner turns? Especially with three individuals & luggage.

The wet & dry braking?

Comfort & noise: it seems cc6 will be better. But how much better. Any major improvement or just a notch better?

Life, uc6 will fare a bit better than cc6. That’s acceptable so not factoring it.

Is there a big difference in ride quality between 165/80 R14 VS 185/65 R15 that comes with swift Vxi & Zxi variants, which will be more comfortable in rough patches?

Also will i loose suspension warranty if i upgrade to 185/65 R15 in future?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker_Ajax (Post 5675394)
UC6 or CC6

The wet & dry braking?

Comfort & noise: it seems cc6 will be better. But how much better. Any major improvement or just a notch better?

Life, uc6 will fare a bit better than cc6. That’s acceptable so not factoring it.

Read up more here: https://www.carsifu.my/news/first-im...-and-uc6-tyres

I would go with UC6

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitsecond (Post 5681919)
Is there a big difference in ride quality between 165/80 R14 VS 185/65 R15 that comes with swift Vxi & Zxi variants, which will be more comfortable in rough patches?

I decided to stick with R14 steel rims that comes with Vxi variant, can i go for 185/70 R14, if yes Michelin or Apollo ? looking for improvement in RIDE Quality only.
I have booked swift vxi AGS, will change it immediately after delivery, so someone please reply..

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitsecond (Post 5682406)
I decided to stick with R14 steel rims that comes with Vxi variant, can i go for 185/70 R14, if yes Michelin or Apollo ? looking for improvement in RIDE Quality only.
I have booked swift vxi AGS, will change it immediately after delivery, so someone please reply..

We had our stock changed to Michelin 185/70R14 and have had no complaints. Ride quality is good, but go easy on rough roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 5682486)
We had our stock changed to Michelin 185/70R14 and have had no complaints. Ride quality is good, but go easy on rough roads.

Thanks, Is the improvement in ride quality noticeable?, what about grip levels?

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitsecond (Post 5682494)
Thanks, Is the improvement in ride quality noticeable?, what about grip levels?

Indeed, you can feel the difference between the stock size tyres and michelin.

Based on recommendations here, got UC6 fitted on my swift zxi. Did not upgrade to 195.
(Thankfully, my 2500km drive got delayed to January end now!)

Drove 150km so far, all on highway at 70-110kmph. Not much covered, but initial feel is:-

- smooth ride. Takes on potholes fairly well. But not as cushioned as CC6. Much better than stock mrf that made it feel like rock!
- noise levels have reduced significantly! So quiet.
- effort required to turn steering wheel has reduced! Makes it feel more zippy & easy to turn.
- however, the confidence on cornering has reduced. It “feels” as if it might skid/ not hold its grip. Had to slow down

One question:-
was told to keep tyre pressure at 35psi!
Isnt it too much?
For 2/3 pax , what would ideal pressure be for UC6 on swift?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker_Ajax (Post 5701417)
was told to keep tyre pressure at 35psi!
Isnt it too much?
For 2/3 pax , what would ideal pressure be for UC6 on swift?

35 PSI is too high. Higher pressure affects handling at high speeds, probably explains why you have that “lack of grip” feeling with the new tyres. IIRC the recommended pressure is 29 PSI. I used to keep it at 30-32 PSI on stock tyres, mostly 30 PSI for solo travel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by self_driven (Post 5701500)
35 PSI is too high. Higher pressure affects handling at high speeds, probably explains why you have that “lack of grip” feeling with the new tyres. IIRC the recommended pressure is 29 PSI. I used to keep it at 30-32 PSI on stock tyres, mostly 30 PSI for solo travel.

Yes. I used to keep 30-32max normally on stock tyres.
Will keep same now and try it again.

Hi, I am in the market to upgrade the tyres of my Gen 2 Swift VXI(O). It has come with 14inch wheel rims.

1. I am planning to upgrade to 15 inch rims. Will the rims of Baleno fit? Anything to check when i buy?

2. Pls suggest good shoes for 185/65 R15. The stock MRF has lasted 7 years without any puncture. I am looking for something which is comfort, has good grip and durable enough to last 5 years as my running is low. I am inclined towards Yokohama and Continental.