Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2012, 12:43   #4471
Senior - BHPian

re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

This isn't my car, but I found the wheels interesting. Are these steel rims or alloys? The Gypsy too is a very nice and clean example.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-photo0227.jpg
Old 10th November 2012, 20:36   #4472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi all,

Just a quick question about the HRS & Prestige alloy wheels, who makes these brands? I found one website for HRS that leads me to believe its a Taiwanese firm. But what about Prestige? I couldn't find anything about this company.

Also, how do you think the below alloys would look on a black Figo? Could someone please do a photoshop of this alloy on a black Figo? (I have attached the link to a picture of a black Figo from a fellow BHPian's ownership thread & if someone could use it for photoshopping please)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...zxi-alloy7.jpg

Attachment 1011935
There you go.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-alloy7.jpg
himanshu_j is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 23:17   #4473
BHPian

After 2.5 years and 37K kms, We decided that our workhorse Indigo deserved some bling. Off to New Bharat Tyres in Trivandrum.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_07.jpg

I had decided early on that I wanted deep dish alloys, with at least 8 spokes. Here's what they showed me:

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_10.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_09.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_11.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_08.jpg

They are Veloce wheels in 108/100 x 4 pcd, 14 inch. I liked the first one because it had deeper dish, but it was 6.5J, way too wide for the 175/65R14 which I had on. The second one fit perfectly. Decided on those. Price was 14.5K for a set of 4. BTW, these will fit all small cars except for the Polo and the Punto.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_06.jpg

I was worried that the Indigo's stock wheel mounting hubs might foul with the wheel, but the holes for the 100PCD accommodated those.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_05.jpg

Got new chrome finished tubeless valves, and had the balancing and alignment done. Final bill was 16K including Nitrogen fill. The wheels' center cap had to be changed with a cone type design for final install because the front hub bolt was fouling with the original flat one.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_04.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_03.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_02.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigo_alloys_01.jpg

Sorry, the pics were taken right after the install, so the car's a bit dirty. The wheels have moved outside by about an inch. This has improved the stance greatly, and the effect was also felt in handling, even on the same rubber. Roll is less and turn in seems better, probably because of the slightly wider track. IMO, it was totally worth it.

Even the stock 175/65 tyres seem to fit better with no 'pinched' look. When it's time to replace them, I'm thinking of going for 185/65R14 Yokos.

Last edited by vivekgk : 16th November 2012 at 23:20.
vivekgk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 23:27   #4474
Senior - BHPian

Nice wheels vivekgk. The deep dish in the first pic was lovely.

Looks like the alloy lip is jutting out a little bit. 185 will solve that. Yeah, the tyres really need a wash.

Last edited by deetjohn : 16th November 2012 at 23:28. Reason: typo.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 23:41   #4475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Nice wheels vivekgk. The deep dish in the first pic was lovely.

Looks like the alloy lip is jutting out a little bit. 185 will solve that. Yeah, the tyres really need a wash.
Thanks deet. Yeah I love the first one too. They'll look awesome on a Fiesta or Figo or Swift. When fitted, they tend to sit a bit more inside the wheel well than the first set, which I thought would foul with wider tyres. Plus I like the look of wheels sitting in line with the arches.
Old 16th November 2012, 23:44   #4476
BHPian

Anyone knows where we can source Veloche alloys in Mumbai? They seem to have amazing designs at a sweet price point.
Old 16th November 2012, 23:49   #4477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
After 2.5 years and 37K kms, We decided that our workhorse Indigo deserved some bling.
Hey Vivek,
Nice wheels you've got, looks did improve with those alloys. Can you share a pic taken from the back of the car in a way we can notice the extra inch of the wheels? Is there any fouling of the wheels because of this? Pls let me know the pcd if known.

Thnx,
Vinay
Old 17th November 2012, 01:35   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Hey Vivek,
Nice wheels you've got, looks did improve with those alloys. Can you share a pic taken from the back of the car in a way we can notice the extra inch of the wheels? Is there any fouling of the wheels because of this? Pls let me know the pcd if known.

Thnx,
Vinay
Thanks! I think I do have a pic, I'll upload it tommorrow. I don't have any before pics, but the overall effect is to widen the track. The rear track is less in the Indigo, and the tyres are lined up with the top line of the rear fender. No fouling that I've found so far. I've driven roughly 700km after fitment. Ride is better, especially on bad roads and over bumps. Less jolts. Cornering is flatter.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 17:59   #4479
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share a pic taken from the back of the car in a way we can notice the extra inch of the wheels? Is there any fouling of the wheels because of this? Pls let me know the pcd if known.
Thnx,
Vinay
Here you go!

I don't have the 'before' pics, but the track has widened by about an inch, and are now inline with the fenders.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigowheel02.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigowheel03.jpg

Here's a close-up of the front.
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indigowheel01.jpg

vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 18:13   #4480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk

Here you go!

I don't have the 'before' pics, but the track has widened by about an inch, and are now inline with the fenders.

Here's a close-up of the front.

I am a fan of deep dish rims and your choice has been exemplary. Loving the stance. All you need now is pressed registration plates to compete the look.
Old 19th November 2012, 18:38   #4481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Here you go!

Thanks for the pics Vivek. First pic looks cool. The wider track gives the car a slight bulk look and I love that. I have a Indigo LS which needs a change of tyres in few weeks, planning to get similar alloys as well.

Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 07:56   #4482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
I am a fan of deep dish rims and your choice has been exemplary. Loving the stance. All you need now is pressed registration plates to compete the look.
Quote:
Thanks for the pics Vivek. First pic looks cool. The wider track gives the car a slight bulk look and I love that. I have a Indigo LS which needs a change of tyres in few weeks, planning to get similar alloys as well.

Thanks
Thanks guys. I've always loved deep dish as well. The pics I've taken with the phone cam don't really do justice to the wheels, the stance is actually bulkier. As for the pressed regn plates, I think I'll wait till the Govt makes them mandatory and assigns an 'approved supplier'. Otherwise, I'll most likely have to buy them again from the 'approved channel'.

I think the wider track is keeping the tyres from fouling the wheel wells as well. These wheels are 6J, and negative offset. That gives me the option of upgrading to 185/65 or 195/60 in the future.

Last edited by vivekgk : 20th November 2012 at 08:03.
Old 21st November 2012, 16:20   #4483

I have put this 15" OZ alloys for my Punto with 195/60 profile tyres
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imag01671.jpg  

achitrab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 01:01   #4484
Senior - BHPian

Those are sizzlin' and four holes at that, I absolutely dislike the 8 hole designs.

Are these 98 pcd or 100 and would you mind sharing purchase point and price details. I am travelling to B'lore next month and would like to pick up a set for my Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achitrab View Post
I have put this 15" OZ alloys for my Punto with 195/60 profile tyres
Old 22nd November 2012, 09:52   #4485

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Those are sizzlin' and four holes at that, I absolutely dislike the 8 hole designs.

Are these 98 pcd or 100 and would you mind sharing purchase point and price details. I am travelling to B'lore next month and would like to pick up a set for my Swift.
Thank you. On your 8-hole comment,

These are 98 PCDs, fitted with hub-centric rims and bought from Car Trendz, Mission Road, Bangalore (Opp. Gokuldas Exports). 080 22297249
achitrab is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks