Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 16:16   #166
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

No, I did not change any sizes (i.e. neither rims nor tyres). Was told it's not so advisable for warranty claims (just in case) with Skoda's ASS reputation.. !
Old 28th July 2021, 16:33   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Hi,

Looking for advice to change tyres on my Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI (2016 Model).

What is the cost each tyre than I should expect to pay?
I am in Bangalore (near Whitefield), please suggest some reliable and good place to source the tyres.

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks.
Raj
Tyre Empire - Nesan, good guy and would try to give you a decent price basis my experience with them over the last 5+ years.
It's near Forum Value Mall, Whitefield
Old 28th August 2021, 07:44   #168
BHPian

Guys, I have ordered RAPID - ONYX variant. The stock comes with Good year, so I was wondering if I should change to Michelin. If so, can you please clarify these for me?

1. Which shop to buy from?

2. What would be the best tire option to go with in Michelin ?

3. what would be the approx additional amount that I would incur as part of exchanging?

Can you please suggest?
Old 28th August 2021, 08:41   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
2. What would be the best tire option to go with in Michelin?
3. what would be the approx additional amount that I would incur as part of exchanging?
Can you please suggest?
1. Heard great reviews of Madhus Tyre Centre.
2. Michelin Pilot Sport 4, if fine upgrade to 205/50 R16.
GautamJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 08:47   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I have ordered RAPID - ONYX variant. The stock comes with Good year, so I was wondering if I should change to Michelin. If so, can you please clarify these for me?

Can you please suggest?
You must change them, they will get more noisy with time and the ride will deteriorate too, same was the case with my goodyears received with ambition variant. They will last long but with above two mentioned cons

You can try Yokahama too either Earth-1 or BluEarth-GT
Michelin XM2+

I am in same position too to change the tyres in near future, will go with either of the two
any23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 16:17   #171
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please suggest?
I am at Mahavir Skoda service centre here in Hyderabad and got a chance to discuss about tyres with a technician

As per the technician Michelin is the tyre to go for. Skoda here is in contract with Goodyear and Continental tyres and I witnessed a Rapid getting Continental as new shoes, as per technician the review for Continental is good too by the respective customers. Attaching a pic direct from the service centre.
The technician gave a big NO NO for Yokohama when enquired about the same as a choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-3d281682f492492594b10c3caeea7dc1.jpeg  

Last edited by any23 : 28th August 2021 at 16:18.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 10:06   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by srirang View Post
No, I did not change any sizes (i.e. neither rims nor tyres). Was told it's not so advisable for warranty claims (just in case) with Skoda's ASS reputation.. !
I will be getting delivery of Skoda rapid ambition variant in a couple of days and was planning to upgrade tires from 185 / 60 / 15 to 195 / 60 / 15. Will this void warranty since higher models comes with a similar configuration (R16 though) ?
Old 22nd September 2021, 12:56   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariShankar View Post
I will be getting delivery of Skoda rapid ambition variant in a couple of days and was planning to upgrade tires from 185 / 60 / 15 to 195 / 60 / 15. Will this void warranty since higher models comes with a similar configuration (R16 though) ?
This is probably a late reply, but here it goes anyways.

Upsizing tires will not void the warranty outright. It just gives the company / service center a window in case something happens to, say suspension, at some point in future. It's not to say that this window is always exploited. But with Skoda I was advised to not take chances.
Old 18th November 2021, 00:52   #174
BHPian

Finally after much thinking, I decided to go ahead with Michelin XM2+ in stock size on my Rapid DSG TDi 2019. I have done close to 45000kms on my Goodyear factory tyres and they have become rock hard, it was a terrible experience to drive on bad roads. Michelin are definitely on the expensive side and availability is also an issue, I was hunting for these tyres from last month and finally got hold of them. Infact I drove 150kms just to get the tires, but a day well spent to be honest. My initial contenders were MRF ZLX, Continental CC, Pirelli P6 cinturato and Michelin XM2+, continental I heard that they get noisy after some time, Pirelli was never in stock and MRF I had used in the past and it was okay, nothing to write home about (Bridgestone was not considered because I didn't have a very good experience with them, my tyres lasted only 40k in my Estilo). So after much deliberation whether to upsize or not, I decided to stick to stock size as I don't have any problem.

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20211117_162114.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20211117_155655.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20211117_155505.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20211117_154315.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20211117_153755.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20211117_153605.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20211117_153216.jpg

Experience:
The car literally glides now, trust me these PQ25 platforms are stiffly sprung and I could feel every single imperfections on the road but not anymore, XM2+ has made the ride very supple, I have driven 150kms so far and the initial impressions are very good.

Cost of per tyre was 6,400/- and my final invoice with balancing & alignment came to 26,500/-.
I was facing one problem from quite some time that my car was pulling left, it's been sorted now and the straight line stability has improved. Overall a very nice experience. How they hold up in our potholed roads is something only time will tell.
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 13:35   #175

Upgraded my Rapid TDI DSG tyres to Michelin primacy 4st 195/55 R16 at Madhus Bangalore. The total cost was Rs. 37,500 including balancing & alignment.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_2146.jpg  

pocketaces is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 12:04   #176
BHPian

Any review of Tire Empire HSR Bangalore? I am looking to replace the tires for my 2015 Rapid, which are still on original tires. Not thinking of changing size, etc.
Any suggestions on the tires?
Old 14th March 2022, 12:43   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Any further feedbacks, did you upsize?

Which tyres did you settle for? I am considering a mild upsize to 195 / 60 from the 185 / 60 basis multiple feedbacks on the forum, still shortlisting the brands.

@Tuisha - any updates, is exceeding the catser angle limit a cause for wworry?
sorry for late reply, settled for yokohoma and doing good till now
raja_ys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 14:07   #178
BHPian

Re: Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hello members

Need suggestions on upgrading from stock 185/60 R15 Goodyears 22,000 kms on odometer which I absolutely despise since this is the second time I have experienced pressure drop in one (front right) of the tyres, it goes back to ~20 in a day. First time I faced this issue was when it suffered a massive puncture (rear right) which I got repaired but pressure kept dropping to 25-26 so went back to Goodyear dealer said tyre integrity is compromised, mushroom puncture may be a temporary solution but might as well replace due to the weight of rapid (paid 2k to get it replaced under warranty at 6000 kms).
Lately I've felt the road noise has increased a bit and ride comfort is also affected, doens't feel quite planted.

Have previously replaced ceat tyres in my old cars due to cost factor by tyresandmore but looking forward to see if it makes sense to get these from Amazon due to the upcoming sale.

I am planning to go for UC6 195/60 R15.

Last edited by Rapidholic : 15th September 2022 at 14:10. Reason: Additional info appended
Old 12th October 2022, 23:08   #179
BHPian

Re: Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidholic View Post
Hello members

Need suggestions on upgrading from stock 185/60 R15 Goodyears 22,000 kms on odometer which I absolutely despise since this is the second time I have experienced pressure drop in one (front right) of the tyres, it goes back to ~20 in a day. First time I faced this issue was when it suffered a massive puncture (rear right) which I got repaired but pressure kept dropping to 25-26 so went back to Goodyear dealer said tyre integrity is compromised, mushroom puncture may be a temporary solution but might as well replace due to the weight of rapid (paid 2k to get it replaced under warranty at 6000 kms).
Lately I've felt the road noise has increased a bit and ride comfort is also affected, doens't feel quite planted.

Have previously replaced ceat tyres in my old cars due to cost factor by tyresandmore but looking forward to see if it makes sense to get these from Amazon due to the upcoming sale.

I am planning to go for UC6 195/60 R15.
Did you get yours changes anyhow ? If yes then which brand and size did you go for ?
I got a sidewall bulge in one of my rear one. I am also facing too much road noise issue with bad ride quality. Driven only 26K. Planning to change all 4 instead of just 2.
Old 12th November 2022, 23:12   #180

Hi Bhpians,

My Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDi (2020) has Odometer reading of 50k.

I am planning to change my stock Goodyears to either Michelin or Conti.

Can someone suggest me a reliable Tyre Supplier in Mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks