Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Recommended shops in Pune - Alloy Wheels & Tyres

Tyre Plus: N Mehta Tyre Co, Nashik Phata, Pune.

I was in market to replace old Good Year GPS2, went to Darshan Tyre in Pimpri, Manager is quite blunt, XM1+ is priced at 3150 reduced to 3080 but additional charges to WA, WB & Valves. Stock was of 4710, Nov 2010. New stocks are available but i will come next day after confirming.

Checked Tyre Plus, before Nashik Phata, initially quoted 3080 per tyre of XM1+ stock of 4810, with WA, WB, New Valves & Nitrogen Filling. Check Up & Free top ups for a year. Just asked once to reduce price & he told 3000 per tyre, sealed the deal. Also he didnt charged additional for card payment, work done in 1 hrs. Good showroom where you can watch TV & collection of his alloys. No exchanged price for 42000kms used GPS2. .
Overall satisfied by his work.
Old 14th January 2013, 11:28   #32
BHPian

[quote=sportive_guy30;288593]>>try N Mehta & Sons on Tilak road - tel no 24473974

i had a bad experience with N metha , typical baniya, he took advance for a model of tyres, then told me that i do not have that model and refused to return the advance as well, had to use verbal power to get my cash back. Cheap person.
djavalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 13:57   #33
BHPian

[quote=djavalkar;3014957]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportive_guy30 View Post
>>try N Mehta & Sons on Tilak road - tel no 24473974

i had a bad experience with N metha , typical baniya, he took advance for a model of tyres, then told me that i do not have that model and refused to return the advance as well, had to use verbal power to get my cash back. Cheap person.
What happened djvalkar? I was planning to go get a set of 16 spoke alloys for my Waggy from N Mehta as I had heard nice reviews about him.

Your experience makes me want to reconsider this decision
Old 17th January 2013, 18:04   #34
BHPian

[quote=Derezzed;3017884]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djavalkar View Post

What happened djvalkar? I was planning to go get a set of 16 spoke alloys for my Waggy from N Mehta as I had heard nice reviews about him.

Your experience makes me want to reconsider this decision
I will definitely not recommend N Mehta. As I mentioned earlier, i wanted Michelin tyres for my Swift and also was looking out for decent alloys, he said i will get the tyres for you and took advance from me as well. On the day i got my delivery i took the car to him and to my surprise he had Bridgestone Potenza GIII and told me that this is the only tyres he had. I suspected that he wanted to get rid of the old stock. I insisted that i only want Michelin - else refund back my money. He them said that the deposit is not refundable. I then had to use the verbal power, which yielded the required result.

What i did not like is - if you cannot deliver for the agreed tyre,atleast refund the money. He had the guts to say that i will loose my 4K bucks which i had kept as deposit.

I finally took the money and got the tyres from Lokmanya Auto on Karve road, really great experience in dealing with him it. Recommend to get yours from there as well.
djavalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 23:28   #35
BHPian

[quote=djavalkar;3018177]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post

I will definitely not recommend N Mehta. As I mentioned earlier, i wanted Michelin tyres for my Swift and also was looking out for decent alloys, he said i will get the tyres for you and took advance from me as well. On the day i got my delivery i took the car to him and to my surprise he had Bridgestone Potenza GIII and told me that this is the only tyres he had. I suspected that he wanted to get rid of the old stock. I insisted that i only want Michelin - else refund back my money. He them said that the deposit is not refundable. I then had to use the verbal power, which yielded the required result.

What i did not like is - if you cannot deliver for the agreed tyre,atleast refund the money. He had the guts to say that i will loose my 4K bucks which i had kept as deposit.

I finally took the money and got the tyres from Lokmanya Auto on Karve road, really great experience in dealing with him it. Recommend to get yours from there as well.

Thanks for the heads up mate, Lokmanya Auto is now on my list.
Old 19th September 2013, 16:09   #36
NMS
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Need to pick up alloys for Safari. Any suggestions for a good dealer? I know there are already quite a few names on the thread, just wanted to check if there are any new ones that have cropped up and have a good stock of SUV alloys?

Thanks in Advance !
Old 19th April 2014, 09:00   #37
BHPian

Sorry to revive an old thread.

I am planning to get tyres for my Hyundai Santro replaced. Current runing is73k kms. Last time the tyres were changed at 39k.

Since I plan to retain the car for next 2-3 years, I am thinking of going for alloy wheels as well.

Any recommendations on any shops based on your recent experience?

Which brand of alloys would you suggest?
Old 7th October 2020, 12:39   #38
BHPian

Yesterday I got the tyres changed on my 41k driven Creta. Got Yokohama Earth 1 from Sai Krupa tyres near Wakad bridge. I would highly recommend this shop for Alignment- Balancing and buying tyres from. The owner Mr. Shinde is quite a knowledgeable and honest chap and the workers are quite good too. I have been visiting this shop since it opened around 3 years ago.
They have now bought machines specific for balancing and removal/ fixing of tyres on high end motorcycles too.
There are 2 tyre shops named from "Sai" in the same complex. Look for "Sai Krupa"
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks