Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2006, 12:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

If u are inclined towards Bridgestone try Turanza ER60: They seem to be good with new technology but no personal experience though :
Size available
175/70R13

One fellow Bhpian here is running his esteem with 185/70-13 GIIIs....

KP

Last edited by kpzen : 24th July 2006 at 13:05.
Old 24th July 2006, 16:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri
Mine is still stock, I am looking forward to upgrade the tires. I also had a plan to upgrade to alloys, but I dropped it later.

Any idea which all good brands are available at 185/65R13 size or 175/70R13 size?

I wanted Potenza GIII but they are not available in those sizes.

Please let me know about the contestants you had..
i had ruled out bridgestones...(Reason ??? hmmmm...nothing whatsoever except that 75% of the cars have 'em, perhaps_

It was really between Michelin XM1s or Cetris annnndddd... Michelin XM1s or Certis...lol
really there was no race, if ever there could be one..it could only be between michelin & bridgestone... but i prefer mich by a long way. i was considering going for good year ventura..but didn't want to trust them after eagle f1.

michelins are good in that size...if u go one bigger, 195/60/14, then u have a lot of choices, which is why i wanted to upgrade to alloys.

my answer to all ur queries are michelin, michelin, michelin
Old 1st August 2006, 17:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

i had been to bengaluru for the weekend & boy, did i enjoy my drive or what ??? the road was great, the tyres were simply superb, made my trip comfy, fast & quiet.... thanks to all the guys who adviced me...the inputs were thoroughly appreciated & used to arrive at the right buy...thank u
Old 1st August 2006, 17:53   #19
BHPian

will using 185's hamper the acceleration of the esteem to a large extent compared to 175's? ... i,e in case of a drag.
Old 2nd August 2006, 14:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage
will using 185's hamper the acceleration of the esteem to a large extent compared to 175's? ... i,e in case of a drag.
it sure will...in case of a drag, as it is very important to be as quick as possible in a drag
Old 5th March 2010, 20:22   #21
BHPian

Reviving this thread for some help on Esteem.
Wanting to change my tyres because the old suspension (which I changed a month back) had eaten the rear tyres bald on the inside half. Now the car doesn't feel stable beyond 100 and have been having flat tyres quite often. Have Bridgestones stock size 155/80/13. Front tyres are still good but the rear ones need a change. Please help me with following:

1. If I upgrade (to say, 175/70/13 since I don't want to upgrade rim size), can I upgrade only the rear pair or the entire four tyres need to be changed?
2. If I upgrade, how is the effect on steering since mine is a Type-1 car without power steering and am not liking the manual labour anymore after good long drives on newer cars.
3. What precautions to take before mounting a tubeless tyre on a steel rim?

Please help guys, hate having to limp my beauty at 100 instead of flying her at 120+.

P.S.- The flat tyre occurrence increased (rather started) when I started maintaining 26 PSI (recommended by MASS) than my earlier usual of 28 PSI.

Last edited by Delta Wing : 5th March 2010 at 20:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks