Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2018, 09:37   #31
BHPian

Re: Review: Continental MC5 tyres on my Honda Civic

Updating the thread as just upgraded to MC5 on my Honda City, went for 195/60 R15. The original Michelin XM1 it came with had become pretty hard over the years and had developed cracks in sidewall and tread. Total cost 20k for 4 tyres. This included wheel alignment and balancing as well. Got it done from Darshan Tyres in Pune.Michelin XM2 in a similar size was costing me 1000 extra per tyre, though it does have a longer life as my usage is low i felt it would be an overkill as i would not cover even 30,000 km in the next 3 years. So went for the MC5 finally.
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 16:18   #32
BHPian

Happy Sunday all! Need help in buying fresh set of rubber for my Toyota Liva. It mostly runs around town, tackling our immortal bad roads. Size is 185/65 R15 & running the stock OEM Goodyear tyres. Want an all round tyre, same size which is good on both wet & dry roads, is comfortable while driving & robust enough on the sidewalls. Considering Bridgestone Turanzas(from my past great experience), Michelin XM2, Yokohama Earth 1 & the Continental CC5. Jitubhai at Saifee recommends Michelin's.

Please help me choose the best. TIA!

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th May 2020 at 12:55. Reason: removed a word
Old 14th May 2019, 16:34   #33
BHPian

Stock tires on Verna are Bridgestone Ecopia. I'm planning to change them straight out of showroom [car is yet to be delivered]. What other suggestions can I get apart from Conti MC5s. I'm not too keen on MC5s because of their soft sidewall issues. I feel Verna with 16inch rims runs fairly low profile[195/55] rubber for a regular Indian road use.

My priorities are reliability[sidewall], low noise, comfort and grip in that order.

Other option that I'm considering is Yoko Earth 1.

Last edited by somspaple : 14th May 2019 at 16:41.
Old 14th May 2019, 19:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
My priorities are reliability[sidewall], low noise, comfort and grip in that order.

Other option that I'm considering is Yoko Earth 1.
Yoko Earth 1 is durable, hence reliable too. However, the road noise is on the higher side. Grip is again, pretty good. I once performed a very risky overtake on a narrow road at a high speed. The tires squealed, but did not lose grip at all.

Hope this helps.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 20:20   #35
Team-BHP Support

Bought Continental MC5 once again after completing 80k kms on my previous set. Had 195/60 R15 tyres on my Punto and didn't face any issues, but went ahead with 195/65 R15 this time around for more comfort. The tyres still had some life left, but changed as the monsoons were approaching and it had hit the tread wear indicator.

This is my fourth set of tyres. Earlier ones were -

Goodyear GT3s - 50k kms.
Yokohama AVS DB - 48k kms.
Continental MC5 - 80k kms.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 19:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Bought Continental MC5 once again after completing 80k kms on my previous set. Had 195/60 R15 tyres on my Punto and didn't face any issues, but went ahead with 195/65 R15 this time around for more comfort. The tyres still had some life left, but changed as the monsoons were approaching and it had hit the tread wear indicator.

This is my fourth set of tyres. Earlier ones were -

Goodyear GT3s - 50k kms.
Yokohama AVS DB - 48k kms.
Continental MC5 - 80k kms.
How is your driving style? Spirited or sedate? Would love to get these but I always thought that their life was low. The other option is the P4ST which have complaints about lack of steering feel.
In the previous page you also mentioned you wanted to try to Michelin. Any reason why you went for the MC5's again?
Old 31st May 2019, 16:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

I got 195/55/R15 MC5 for my Fiesta 1.6S from BM Lal. The tires are very quiet and comfortable compared to the previous Apollo Aceleres. Steering is lighter and the feel is superb. I haven't had a chance to evaluate braking or cornering grip yet but as per the shop owner, they are decent and a step up from the previous tires. I usually drive 30K kms in 5 years so the replacement cycle should align well based on the feedback in this thread.
Gilead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 17:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I got 195/55/R15 MC5 for my Fiesta 1.6S from BM Lal. The tires are very quiet and comfortable compared to the previous Apollo Aceleres. Steering is lighter and the feel is superb. I haven't had a chance to evaluate braking or cornering grip yet but as per the shop owner, they are decent and a step up from the previous tires. I usually drive 30K kms in 5 years so the replacement cycle should align well based on the feedback in this thread.
Hi,
Congratulations. :-) Could you pls confirm what is the week of Manufacture and Year of manufacture? I have been struggling to find 2019 manufactured tyres from here in pune.
Old 11th June 2019, 11:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post
Hi,
Congratulations. :-) Could you pls confirm what is the week of Manufacture and Year of manufacture? I have been struggling to find 2019 manufactured tyres from here in pune.
Thanks. My tires have a second week of March 2019 manufacturing date. This is a slow moving size so smaller dealers may have older tires in stock.
Gilead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 14:23   #40
BHPian

Dear all,

I've a two year old elite i20 diesel that had Goodyear assurance triplemax as the stock tyres. They served me well for 37k but of late they started having lot of punctures. They would've served another 4-5k but decided to change them anyway. I initially wanted to go with the same brand of tyres as they had served me well and had no complaints about them. But I thought of looking at other options. So after some research, I zeroed in on Yokohama bluearth, Continental MC5 and Goodyear assurance triplemax. I decided to get the tyres changed from Madhu's.

A hat tip to Nikhil for his advice and recommendation that helped me select the Conti MC5. I went to Madhu's and got the tyres changed. The wheel alignment and balancing was also done there along with nitrogen filling. Everything was professionally done and completed in an hour and a half. The technician who was changing the tyres and was doing the balancing was very knowledgeable and patiently answered all my noob questions . I've now driven these for about 2k KMs and there is a remarkable improvement on the Goodyears. The tyres are extremely silent. The steering feels very much light and the ride is no longer bumpy but more wavy. Even my mother who usually sits at the back said that the ride has gotten very much comfortable. The dry and wet braking are both fine. The tyre noise has reduced by about 80-90% when compared with the Goodyears. All in all I am very much happy with them and would definitely recommend these tyres. The tyre profile that I went with is the same at the stock Goodyears - 195/55/R16.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:25   #41
BHPian

Hi guys. Time for me to replace the tyres on my Civic. I currently have the Yokohama db v550 Decibel in 205/65R15. I was sure that I wanted the Michelin Primacy 4ST this time but alas, they're not available in this size. Now here's the dilemma.. The 4ST are only available in 195/65R15. However the MC5 are available in 205/65R15. What would you'll suggest between the two ?
Old 17th December 2019, 14:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
The 4ST are only available in 195/65R15. However the MC5 are available in 205/65R15. What would you'll suggest between the two ?
Which did you go for? 195/65-15 is the stock size for Civic, right?

Also, there's 205/60-15 in Michelin Energy XM2.
Old 27th June 2020, 19:19   #43
BHPian

Hello all,

I had to bump an old thread, as this is the product I wish to invest in as the next 25-30K running boots for civic with 195/65/r15 setup.

My query is,

1- Since MC5 being from a slow-moving size of tyre, would it be wise to buy it? Has it not have been kept at the stockyard for too long? Does age takes a toll on the tyres?
2 -If not, what would be an alternative to MC5s amongst the listed products?

1 - Pirelli Cinturato P6 195/65 R 15 Tubeless 91 V Car Tyre
3 - Hankook Optimo ME02 (K424) 195/65 R 15 Tubeless 91 H Car Tyre

I have only had Pirelli P7 and Michelin PLC before, in which Pirelli lost in life cycle and Michelin gained in smooth drives.

Please suggest.

LIST
https://www.tyremarket.com/Search/Ca...1-8-V-MT-tyre-
Old 25th November 2020, 14:34   #44
BHPian

Hello all,

I wanted to replace the tires of my Elite I20 Diesel. The tire profile is 195/55/R16. I got a quote of Rs.7,800/- for Continental MC5. I feel the price is really on the higher side. The online price in Amazon is Rs.6,800/- Should I buy the tires online and get it replaced?

Last edited by prasathlr : 25th November 2020 at 14:36.
Old 25th November 2020, 15:04   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I got a quote of Rs.7,800/- for Continental MC5. I feel the price is really on the higher side. The online price in Amazon is Rs.6,800/- Should I buy the tires online and get it replaced?
I believe that is on the higher side for MC5s, yes. My suggestion is that you call and check with other dealers. If you're in Bangalore, you can check with Sree Balaji Tyres, Tyre Professionals, etc. and get a decent deal on Continental MC/UC tyres. My experience with Sree Balaji Tyres has been pretty good in this regard.

As far as buying online goes, unless you can contact the dealer, confirm the date of manufacture of the tyres you're buying, and get some pictures of the exact product they're sending you, I'd suggest that you avoid Amazon.
Invariance is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks