Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2007, 14:16   #16
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm... interesting. Humyum buddy, the last post from you was in Dec. Thats a long time back. Why do not you update on the status since then?
Old 28th August 2007, 21:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Hmmm... interesting. Humyum buddy, the last post from you was in Dec. Thats a long time back. Why do not you update on the status since then?
hehe..got tired of complaining about the things going wrong with my car so i just let it be

About the problem the faint steering vibration between 80 and 90 is still there and when the balancing is checked they appear to be perfect.Everything in the suspension+steering system is new and wheel bearings have no play too.so i can definately rule out the car being faulty part.Have given up and have adopted a technique in which i either drive at 80 or 100.

Also the mrfs are made of hard rubber so the cornering as well as the grip is not that great but i m sure they ll last long.

And on the brighter side the ride in the potholed city roads is much more sweeter due to the 80 profile tyres and also she does not touch any speed breakers because of the increase in the ground clearance
Old 28th August 2007, 22:17   #18
Team-BHP Support

MRF ZVTS are prone to belt bend problem. I suspect your tire has got that. So one thing you can do is find out which tire has the most severe problem and use that in the rear.
Old 28th August 2007, 22:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
MRF ZVTS are prone to belt bend problem. I suspect your tire has got that. So one thing you can do is find out which tire has the most severe problem and use that in the rear.
That was done long back and every tyre was shifted front/back/stepney but with the same result .In the initial 2000 km the tyres were balanced almost 5 times with everytime something new tried.Now after around 13000 km with the tyres i have left the slight vibration problem alone as although its not perfect i dont have the energy to pursue it further.

But one thing is for sure i will never ever ever buy an mrf tyre again.
Old 29th August 2007, 00:59   #20
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm. I was more interested in knowing whether you ever back tracked to that guy in MRF chennai (Mr. George?). I think last we heard he asked you to get back to him in case your problem does not get solved.

By the way prolonged driving with those vibrations and unnecessary stress on the suspensions may cause other serious damage to your suspension setup and even steering joints.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th August 2007 at 01:02.
Old 29th August 2007, 11:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes i did get back to mr george and he was like i spoke to the gaurdex guy and he says your bearings have play and that is the reason for the steering vibrations creeping in and not because of the tyres.I told him than why would it not creep in during the first 300 to 400 km the tyres run without any problems after balancing and only after some km the vibrations would start.He said the bearing play must be causing a lot of stress on the tyres and causing them to unbalance themselves this soon and suprisingly the car is still running on the same bearings and there is absolutely no play in them.

Also its too much of a headace to deal with these guys as they just have their own theorys and are not ready to listen.

I told him that i got it checked at the MASS and everything seemed but he was just not ready to listen.Anway i stopped going to the MRF guy for the balancing thing and have a local guy here who does it everytime and the problem mellows down for 3 to 4 thousand km now after which the old 'natak' of the tyres start.

Zappo@ i know i ll cause problems but the vibration problem is really mellow now.U can feel a faint murmur from 80 to 90 after which its silky smooth and instead of the customery 5000 km balancing i get it done at every 3500 to 4000 km which is the approx km when the vibrations become very noticable and since the car will be sold off in sometime i dont want to invest on new tyres.

Most Viewed