Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2020, 20:05   #46
BHPian

Re: Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
Has anyone else faced issues of sidewall bulge with GY Assurance Triplemax 205/65R16 tyres.
Today while getting the wheel balancing the mechanic pointed out the tyre bulge on 2 of the tyres which has left me high and dry.

I have a long trip coming in next 2 days so I enquired about getting them replaced under warranty but it will take 1 week which i dont have.

The option offered is to buy 2 new tyres and then get the complaint raised.Once the inspection is done by the manufacturer they will reimburse the amount to the dealer and he will in turn return it to me.

Although the bulge is negligible but then again travelling with that in mind for 2600km is a big no.

Any suggestions worul be appreciated.
Old 24th September 2020, 23:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Although the bulge is negligible but then again travelling with that in mind for 2600km is a big no.
A 2600 km trip is a huge risk to take on iffy tyres. Change them before the trip for sure.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 07:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
2600km trip is a big risk on defective tyres IMHO.

Having said that I have to tell that I am doing what is quite opposite to my advice. All four of my tyres are defective. Though negligible and you will have to run a hand across to feel the bulge, it has been a royal pain to get the complaint raised and processed. Mine is still pending. The car has done about 2000kms since I first observed the defects. The showroom keep asking for the car for doing checkups as told by the tyre manufacturer without any indication of resolving this. I have written to Hyundai and I have received only one call till now with no solution or confirmation regarding replacement.

Now they have asked for the car again to take more photos of the defect and doing one more checklist inspection. In the meantime I need the car for my job and it's running about 30km avg on a day. What I do is drive below 70kmph and check tyres at the start and end of each leg of journey. It's tedious and spoils the fun in driving.

Had it been a shorter trip, I would have suggested to keep low speeds and take potholes like you had passengers who were all in their third trimester and continue with the tyres since the defects are negligible. However, in this case I'm not confident in saying so.
BLACNWYTE is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 14:47   #49
BHPian

As I was running out of time visited a Goodyear dealer and he suggested the following:-

1.Buy a new Tire from him(Quoted 5750 for Assurance TripleMax)
2.He will raise a complaint with Goodyear under Worry Free Service for the tire bulge issue and post inspection by Goodyear technician they will decide upon the reimbursement. I will get an SMS with the amount to be reimbursed which will be handed over to the dealer and then he will further transfer it to me.
3.All this because I am short on time otherwise the process is that post inspection i will get the new tire. Going by the above comments it seems it takes ages.

I had got the tires registered through one of my friend who is a dealer despite them being OEM tires and that has helped me to claim the replacement.
I am little disappointed as the vehicle has just clocked 4500 km.Either i am unlucky or the quality is bad.
Hyundai refused to replace them as the vehicle is more than 1 year old.
The dealer upon inspection recommended only to replace 1 tire as the others were OK and the bulge/impression was due to the joint.
So now both the front tires are new(1 Replacement tire,2nd is the spare one).New one is Sep,19 manufactured.
Overall a good deal IMHO.
Hopefully his analysis holds true and I should not face any issues during the journey.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-20200925_115053.jpg  

Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-20200925_115955.jpg  

Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-20200925_115931.jpg  

Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-20200925_115821.jpg  

Last edited by Artyom : 25th September 2020 at 14:51.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 14:27   #50
BHPian

Finally recieved the payout of 4700 Inr for the old tyre which was replaced under warranty.
It took 45 days but the dealer kept his word and transfered the money via UPI.
Overall satisfied with the dealer and the way the whole issue ws handled.
Artyom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 22:38   #51
BHPian

Hello Everyone

I have to restart this thread once again.

I'm in the market to change the Tyres of my Dzire. The current tyres are Stock Tyres I.e., Bridgestone Ecopia (185/65 R15). The car has roughly done around 45k kms and it is high time to change the tyres now.

The following are the new Tyre options-
1. Bridgestone B250- ₹5225 (Unconditional Warranty)
2. Bridgestone Ecopia- ₹4600
3. Goodyear ATM- ₹3900 (Unconditional Warranty)
4. Flaken SN832i- ₹4770 (Unconditional Warranty)
5. Continental CC5- ₹4665

I inclining towards GY and Continental. Just wanted to know from the Members, whether GY is good for long term perspective. As we all know, Indian Roads are not really Butter Smooth. Thus, the tyres should be abuse friendly. At the same time, not really uncomfortable.
Old 25th November 2020, 00:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounak04 View Post
Hello Everyone

I have to restart this thread once again.

I'm in the market to change the Tyres of my Dzire.

I inclining towards GY and Continental. Just wanted to know from the Members, whether GY is good for long term perspective. As we all know, Indian Roads are not really Butter Smooth. Thus, the tyres should be abuse friendly. At the same time, not really uncomfortable.
Why not try Perfinza or Michelins? Have got good experience blogs on both of these, though I have personally moved to Pirellis.
Old 25th November 2020, 07:56   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Why not try Perfinza or Michelins? Have got good experience blogs on both of these, though I have personally moved to Pirellis.
Perfinza i ll enquire about.

Michelin is in very short supply due to ban on import of tyres. The ones which are available are really old.
Old 4th December 2020, 18:41   #54
BHPian

Another one Bites the dust.
2 tyres going Kaput in less than 2 months.
Good Year seems to be unlucky for me.
I had just started my trip back to Hometown and the Rear Left one gets punctured.
The placement of the cut is something that cannot be repaired.
I was lucky that my friend who got my Tyres registered under retail warranty arranged for a new replacement tyre(2020 November make) and assured that he will get the punctured one replaced under warranty.
I was soon back on the road with peace of mind
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-20201202_065534.jpg  

Old 4th December 2020, 21:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

I wasn't as unlucky with Goodyear Triplmax Tyres as you guys seem to be. Except for the sidewall tear of one of the tyres in initial 1k kms (which was replaced FOC under warranty, assisted by Ford ASS) my overall experience was almost flawless. I got the Continentals at prices lower than Goodyears, hence, went for change.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 15:03   #56
BHPian

My 2018 Ecosport's stock tyre good year assurance 205/60/16 which has run for 37kms has now developed a sidewall buldge, will it be sensible if I claim for any warranty or 3 yrs is to much for a warranty claim?
Old 27th February 2021, 15:57   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston_head View Post
My 2018 Ecosport's stock tyre good year assurance 205/60/16 which has run for 37kms has now developed a sidewall buldge, will it be sensible if I claim for any warranty or 3 yrs is to much for a warranty claim?
I don't think you can claim the warranty as it's only for 2 years and that too when it's a retail purchase. Yours is from the factory so I doubt it will be covered.
Old 27th February 2021, 19:31   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tyres do have Pro-rata warranty , Goodyear is 5 years from manufacturing. You can either have the dealer help you with the warranty or send an email to Goodyear customer care with detailed pictures including the damage and tires date /batch code etc. They should help you with replacement.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 14:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE
Got the tyre replaced at depreciation value, it costed me 3890 for a new one, goodyear inspection process was really quick and replacement was provided on spot.
Piston_head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 18:10   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Replaced all valves for Rs. 100/- each, hence the total bill for 4 tires & 4 valves added to Rs. 19K.
Forgive me for asking a very basic question.

Why do the valves need replacement?
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks