Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2017, 19:14   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I am in the lookout for replacing my Polo's stock tyres. I was at the service center today and he was offering the GY assurance triple max at Rs 20k for 4. This is with a Rs 200 discount per tire.

5k per tyre for a GY tire seemed slightly expensive. But looking at this glowing review, I will check if there is a dealer who can sell it at a reasonable price...

Thanks for the review!
Tyres are usually priced at a premium at ASC, and I'm sure it'll be cheaper at tyre dealerships outside.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 17:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Tyres are usually priced at a premium at ASC, and I'm sure it'll be cheaper at tyre dealerships outside.

Regards,
Shashi
At Ashoka Tyres, Hyd, the tire is priced at Rs 4.2k. Alignment and Balancing is additional Rs 800. Valves at Rs 50 each. Total comes to Rs 17.8k. Not bad I guess?
Old 25th October 2017, 17:52   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
At Ashoka Tyres, Hyd, the tire is priced at Rs 4.2k. Alignment and Balancing is additional Rs 800. Valves at Rs 50 each. Total comes to Rs 17.8k. Not bad I guess?
For valves, we purchase MGP ones which cost 28 rupees each and are of excellent quality too, compared to the local ones where prices vary according to the segment of your car.

For tyres, try to bring them below or around 4k.

Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-valves.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 18:33   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For valves, we purchase MGP ones which cost 28 rupees each and are of excellent quality too, compared to the local ones where prices vary according to the segment of your car.

Attachment 1689292

Regards,
Shashi
What is the OEM of these valves? Is it Triton? Will be written on the valve
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 19:57   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What is the OEM of these valves? Is it Triton? Will be written on the valve
Yes, these are valves made by Triton.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2017 at 20:48. Reason: Rewording ;).
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 09:59   #21

Hi,

I was on the lookout for 205/55/R16 tyres for my Fiat Linea TJET. The stock Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 tyres were giving me a lot of trouble with punctures almost every week. They had run around 35000 Kms and still had a decent amount of tread in them. However a few recurring punctures and air loss has left me looking for a new tyre instead of adhoc solutions.

Went through various threads on tyres , I did not want to spend a lot on the tyres as I might sell my Vehicle in a year or two. Had almost decided on Ceat Gripp LN tyres , but could hardly find them, in the size required. Called multiple dealers but no-one had stock.

Almost decided on Yokohoma Earth 1 as it was the next most economical option. After enquiring at a few dealers in and around the Viman Nagar Area/Nagar Road, went to Poona Tyre House near Wagholi to ask for a quote.
This dealer was quoted as giving a good price in other threads on this forum as well.

Poona Tyre house guys are amazing, he gave me the lowest price I have received as yet on the Yokohoma Earth 1 tyres (Rs 6500), but suggested I go for Goodyear Assurance Triplemax instead.

The Goodyear Assurance Triplemax we priced almost Rs 450 less than the Yokohoma Earth 1's and also had an unconditional 2 year/50% Tread warranty. I was slightly apprehensive only about tyre noise as my stock Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 were extremely noisy. But the dealer assured me that these tyres are different from the NCT's and are quiet.

Finally the warranty is what made me switch. Bought 4 of these tyres at Rs 6150/- per piece and got the wheel balancing done from there as well.

Initial thoughts on the tyre, they are indeed quiet compared to the stock Goodyear Eagle NCT's. The tread pattern is nice and clean, and the quality and feel of the tyre does seem very good. I am yet to ride a lot to say anything much about the ride quality, but so far it is better than the stock tyres.

thanks,
Kart
Kart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 06:35   #22
BHPian

I have a general query for all .

We bought a new Creta recently which came shod with GY Triple max 215/60 R17 tyres .

The car has just done a little under 200 km. On our weekend drive, while driving back from Lavasa, one of the tires just went bust. Could have hit a pothole, or a stone but can't recall anything as such.

Can I claim the no questions asked warranty on a tire that came from the Hyundai Factory? Will GY honor the warranty for these tires as well?

Last edited by Aditya : 15th January 2018 at 08:11. Reason: Typo
Old 15th January 2018, 09:08   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
I have a general query for all .

We bought a new Creta recently which came shod with GY Triple max 215/60 R17 tyres .

The car has just done a little under 200 km. On our weekend drive, while driving back from Lavasa, one of the tires just went bust. Could have hit a pothole, or a stone but can't recall anything as such.

Can I claim the no questions asked warranty on a tire that came from the Hyundai Factory? Will GY honor the warranty for these tires as well?
Had pinged my friend who is a tyre dealer. As per him, technically you cannot. The tyres have to be registered with Goodyear and you also need to have the warranty card and bill.

Try with your Hyundai dealer, if they agree to get it replaced. I'd also recommend mailing to Goodyear.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 20:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Take it up with Hyundai dealer and see what best they can do. If you are not satisfied with their solution; you can take it up with Goodyear.

They will consider car registration date as sales date.

Given car has clocked only 200 kms, it would most probably be a free replacement unless they attribute fault to external factors outside purview of warranty.
Old 15th January 2018, 21:35   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Take it up with Hyundai dealer and see what best they can do. If you are not satisfied with their solution; you can take it up with Goodyear.
Yes, checking is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Given car has clocked only 200 kms, it would most probably be a free replacement unless they attribute fault to external factors outside purview of warranty.
GY offers 2 years unconditional warranty, so 'external factors' are still covered.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 22:49   #26
BHPian

Recently, (four months and 3000kms ago) got 4 of these tyres for a 2011 City in 175/65/r15 for 4200 rupees a piece.

I wasn't looking for any extra-ordinary tyres, just something of decent quality and durability mainly, something which would last the next 5 years.

The other choices were Yoko Earth1 and Falken Sincera something at the same price. XM2 and Bridgestone were 1000rs more per more tyre.

At the price, they offer good value. A notch higher than similarly priced MRFs and Apollos. No comparison to cheaper JK, Ceat, etc.

Most people consider Earth1 to be a superior tyre, however I would say its in the same league. To be honest, Yoko is a popular brand name, associated with motorsports and would be nice brand name to own. It was priced at 4200 as well, but did not have any unconditional warranty.

I used to have Earth1s in my old car, I don't remember them being specially silent or grippy.

Assurance Triplemax isn't silent and soft like xm2s, but you get the unconditional warranty and greater durability for the next 50k kms atleast
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 01:54   #27
BHPian

I replaced all 4 old tyres on my 2011 figo with the New GY triplemax "2" tyre.
These are the recently launched assurance triplemax range which replaces the old triple max"1" tyre.
https://www.goodyear.co.in/tyres/goo...ce-triplemax-2

My previous sets were yoko earth 1s. They lasted only about 34k km and that too i used them till they were baldThe original OEM tyres were mrf that lasted 45k km.The yokos managed to meet most of my requirements which were low cost,good dry/ wet grip and toughness though it had a hairline sidewall crack towards the end of life and didn't last as long as i would have liked.
I would have gone for yokos again as other tyres were wither too expensive or too long life oriented hence too hard tyres.

I chose these GY triple max 2 as i got them very cheap(distributor price plus extra discount due to my friend being an employee) and i had previous experience with the triplemax on my old ciaz and i was satisfied with them.

Coming to the tyre, the tread pattern is slightly different as compared to the old triplemax, however the tread depth is only 6.5mm(excluding tread wear indicator). The apollos on my moms new swift are around 7mm brand new. Hopefully these tyres last as long as the yokos.
Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-img_20181006_161420.jpg

Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-img_20181006_161512.jpg

Comparing the performance with the earths 1s, i can say that both the tyres are almost similar but i find the grip to be better on the GY. Tyre noise, comfort seem to be exactly the same. Goodyear claims better braking distance however in the 400km that i have covered with these tyres i haven't been able to test this out yet(hopefully i never should!)

I know these tyres arent famous as compared to other brands but since i got these cheap and goodyear's 2 year unconditional warranty was tempting i decided to go for it. Hopefully the lower tread depth of 6.5mm doesn't cause these tyres to wear out quickly.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 13th October 2018 at 01:55.
rambo1o1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 20:07   #28
BHPian

I am a Tata Zest owner. I did more than 89600 kilometers on the ODO in a little more than three years time. My stock Bridgestone B250 (185/60 R15) lasted 47000 kilometers and I replaced it with Apollo Amazer 4G Life (stock size). Now that was to be replaced and I was stuck between MRF Zlx, Michelin Energy XM2 and Yokohama Earth-1 (all stock size). I was seriously considering MRF Zlx and had posted (MRF ZLX Tyres) in the thread yesterday asking for some feedback. But my search for good tyres landed in this thread and I started seriously considering Goodyear Assurance Triplemax.

Our Distinguished BHPian, saket77's post gave me the confidence to go for the GY Assurance Triplemax and the pricing was very competitive. While most of the tyres I was looking for where priced between 4500-5500, the GY Assurance Triplemax was offered by Global Tyres, Palarivattom, Kochi for 3925 per tyre. It also has an unconditional warranty for two years, akin to the Apollo Amazer 4G Life. So I ended up buying four tyres for 15700 and paid an additional 650 for the alignment and balancing. The tyres were made between March-April 2018 period as per the month and year markings.

I had driven around in the new tyres for few kilometers post the tyre replacement and the change was evident. The initial impression is that, the handling and comfort is evidently much better over the Apollo Amazer 4G Life which I was using for the last 44 thousand kilometers and at par with the stock Bridgestone B250 or a bit above that. I hope GY upholds my trust in them.

Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-img_20181218_160004.jpg

Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-img_20181218_160109.jpg

Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-img_20181218_162942.jpg

Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres-img_20181218_162953.jpg
raghulsudheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 16:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:

regards,
Shashi
Hi Shashi, how do i source this. I stay in gurgaon. Are there any special designated shops for this?
Old 12th May 2019, 21:30   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Hi Shashi, how do i source this. I stay in gurgaon. Are there any special designated shops for this?
Order on Boodmo.com(but they have started charging shipping charges) or Any MGP store in Gurgaon. Also make sure which type of Valve you need, TR414 or TR413.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks