Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2017, 16:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Michelin LTX Force SUV tyres launched

Michelin has launched LTX Force SUV all terrain tyre (as seen on the Michelin India website)

key features:
- Lasts 35% more than the average of its competitors
- 66% more control on cornering on wet roads
- Stops 2 mtrs shorter than the average of its competitors
- uses Rally Force Technology for better traction control
- Standard 3 yrs warranty
- Available in 6 sizes

Sizes available are:
1) 235/75 R15
2) 215/65 R16
3) 235/70 R16
4) 245/70 R16
5) 235/65 R17
6) 265/65 R16

http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/tyres/p...tx-force1.html

Last edited by GTO : 1st June 2017 at 11:12. Reason: 235, not 237. Thanks!
ghodlur is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 16:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Michelin LTX Force SUV tyres launched

Thanks for sharing this info.
It also supports the previous gen fortuner - 265/65 R17
starter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 17:37   #3
BHPian

re: Michelin LTX Force SUV tyres launched

This is the best option available in the market for Renault Duster in the stock size.
I had them installed on my Duster RxZ on April 18th, 2017 as a replacement to the stock MRF Wanderers. They cost me Rs.9400/- per tire, balancing included. Only had to pay extra for the Alignment.
Apparently, the dealer hasn't received stocks of Latitude Cross since the last 2 months and these were the only option available from Michelin. The dealer recommended these over the Bridgestone Dueller H/T and LTX force looked its part. They look slightly wider when mounted on the stock alloys than the Wanderers. I was lucky to have 2016 end manufacturing dates for all the 4.
Michelin LTX Force SUV tyres launched-img_0987.jpg
Notice the amount of tire hair present on the tire. They are all over the surface - even on the side walls.
The tire is bi-directional. This was another main criteria I had in my mind when I went shopping for shoes.
In my eagerness to test the tires, I forgot to click pictures post installation
The ride is definitely smoother than the stock tire, at least 3 times silent and also inspires more confidence while cornering. Wet grip is a different league. The wet grip is way-way better than the Wanderers and the Yokohama Earth1s (Which is the other tire shod on the others cars in my garage - not a direct comparison, but just for a reference)
The tires look more like a cross between A/T & H/T tires.
The situation of the Stock tires after 48k km's. Absolutely no thread left in them.
Michelin LTX Force SUV tyres launched-img_0983.jpg
I know I should have changed it earlier, but I wanted only Michelins or Bridgestones which were getting difficult to source in my town (This after the Wanderers started giving irritating tire rumble post 30k km's). But now, with the Michelins, I would say the wait was worth it.
Overall, a very worthy tire at the given price bracket. Recommended!

Last edited by sharanvenu : 31st May 2017 at 17:41. Reason: Added detail on tire rotation direction.
sharanvenu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 11:31   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Michelin LTX Force SUV tyres launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Michelin has launched LTX Force SUV all terrain tyre (as seen on the Michelin India website)
Big fan of the LTX range here. Have used a set on my Jeep and was very happy with the ride quality & grip. They even performed admirably off the road.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 23:16   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Some more data that just came in:
Michelin LTX Force SUV tyres launched-image001-1.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 23:42   #6
BHPian

I am sadly missing 215/75 R15 for my Xylo, whose tyres are ready for replacement. My friend has been using Michelin (don't know which series) on his Duster for last 5000 km and he sees a vast difference in grip and reduced noise compared to its earlier bridgestone.
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 00:13   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Attachment 1646133
Now why would somebody want to put T rated tires on their Duster or Scorpio or Storme or Hexa? For God's sake, these are vehicles that are frequently used on highways, and often under full load.

I am disappointed with Michelin after seeing this additional info. With our highways getting faster by the day and with the ever increasing concretization of our roads, it is important that such vehicles get high quality rubber to go with their top speeds. I can understand manufacturers being stingy and providing low grade OEM tires. But this can't apply to an aftermarket product from a brand as reputed as Michelin.

Whoever goes in for Michelin tires assumes he is getting a top class best quality product with no compromises. Thats what he pays the premium for. S and T rated tires from Michelin is unheard of. This seems like another case of an international company launching a de-specced Indianized product on the strength of it's brand. Not cool!

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 6th June 2017 at 00:19.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 09:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Michelin Primacy SUV

Look at H rated "Michelin Primacy SUV" as an alternative to LTX force for tarmac only usage. It was launched in 2016 and I have been using this tyre in the Crysta.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4016600

http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/tyres/p...imacy_SUV.html

Last edited by Sankar : 6th June 2017 at 09:28.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 09:53   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Now why would somebody want to put T rated tires on their Duster or Scorpio or Storme or Hexa?
Valid point. If you routinely to 180+ kmph.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:48   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I'll say that usage in actual Indian conditions has to be be much tougher than any standardized lab testing. It is not uncommon to see these cars loaded to the brim, doing 150kmph on our new concrete highways in 45degree heat. It is a sure shot recipe for disaster.

The person might think that I have bought Michelin's fancy new SUV tires, they'll cover for me. But in this case, these tires come with a fine print.

It is a real requirement here, a good speed rating coupled with appropriate UTQG grade for temperature and well as traction. Personally, any tire I buy has to have UTQG rating 'A' and 'A' for traction and temperature, along with a speed rating of minimum 'H'. It is better to err on the side of caution, as consequences of failure are catastrophic.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 6th June 2017 at 10:50.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:57   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. It is not uncommon to see these cars loaded to the brim, doing 150kmph on our new concrete highways in 45degree heat. It is a sure shot recipe for disaster.
The manufacturer of the tyre does not have to be a partner in the crime of over-loaded over-speeding.

Even the lowest rated N tyres are 50% higher rated than required for 99% of our roads. Dont know the legal speeds on YE or the Mumbai-Pune EW. Speeds on Bangalore's NICE road have also been down-graded now from the earlier 130.
condor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 11:13   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The manufacturer of the tyre does not have to be a partner in the crime of over-loaded over-speeding.

Even the lowest rated N tyres are 50% higher rated than required for 99% of our roads. Dont know the legal speeds on YE or the Mumbai-Pune EW. Speeds on Bangalore's NICE road have also been down-graded now from the earlier 130.
Absolutely correct. But in an ideal world.

If only they put 100kmph speed limiters in all our cars, this entire discussion would be a moot point.
Old 6th June 2017, 11:15   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now why would somebody want to put T rated tires on their Duster or Scorpio or Storme or Hexa? For God's sake, these are vehicles that are frequently used on highways, and often under full load.
Quote:
I'll say that usage in actual Indian conditions has to be be much tougher than any standardized lab testing. It is not uncommon to see these cars loaded to the brim, doing 150kmph on our new concrete highways in 45degree heat. It is a sure shot recipe for disaster.
I disagree

Overloading and over-speeding are both illegal - so to reach the tyre's limit you have to be breaking both laws. I will not blame the tyre manufacturer if the tyre fails under such circumstances.

Their rated limit is 190 kmph and load of ~900 kgs. To hit that limit, you have to be carrying approx ~1800 kgs in the car. Even if you carry 10 people (in a 7/8 seater) of 100 kgs each, you are still short of 800 kgs.

And I would love to see which 1800 kg car can do 190+ with extra 1800 kgs on board.

Quote:
Quote:

Totally agree to both points.

Speed limit on YEW is 100 kmph

Last edited by Dry Ice : 6th June 2017 at 11:20.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 16:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont know the legal speeds on YE or the Mumbai-Pune EW.
Legal speeds for the Mumbai Pune E-way is 80 kmph.
Old 27th June 2017, 08:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Attachment 1646133
Hi Guys,

Any one who has installed the LTX Force on Toyota Fortuner pre-2016 model. Please share your experience and views. I would be in market soon for replacing the tyres.
All inputs appreciated.

Cheers
RJ

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks