Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2020, 23:15   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'

hello guys - what's the max mileage the Perfinza owners have done so far? Want to know how much of an average tyre life this is getting Vs the Michelin. I had ZLO on my Swift and was happy and have no qualms in trying this out for my Fiesta Vs the MC5 or Michelin. Bridgestone is out as I found the Potenza G3s to be very noisy though those had stunning life (got 85K kms on the rear ones & 55K kms on front tyres) and cornering (on the Swift).
Old 20th September 2020, 13:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
hello guys - what's the max mileage the Perfinza owners have done so far? Want to know how much of an average tyre life this is getting Vs the Michelin. I had ZLO on my Swift and was happy and have no qualms in trying this out for my Fiesta Vs the MC5 or Michelin. Bridgestone is out as I found the Potenza G3s to be very noisy though those had stunning life (got 85K kms on the rear ones & 55K kms on front tyres) and cornering (on the Swift).
I'm assuming Michelin Primacy 4ST will last lot longer and thus per km cost would be relatively the same for Perfinza and Primacy 4ST. At the end it depends on your preferences.

Ride quality, silence, comfort and life: Michelin Primacy 4ST

Steering feedback and ruggedness: MRF Perfinza.

Can't say which is better for outright grip. Currently using Perfinzas and grip is not an issue even during hard braking for Vento. Holds on without any steering corrections during hard cornering.

I say the choice here completely depends on your wants as cost is relatively the same.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 20:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I too had used ZLO tyres . They were good as far as grip, braking and toughness was concerned but were quite average as per ride quality and quite noisy as compared to Bridgestone.

Michelin tyres are a league above as far as ride quality and other aspects are concerned. Perfinza's are good but no match as compared to Michelin in ride quality.
Old 21st September 2020, 03:05   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
I'm assuming Michelin Primacy 4ST will last lot longer and thus per km cost would be relatively the same for Perfinza and Primacy 4ST...
Well, how much more with the Michelin is what I'd love to know. Someone who has used different brands on the same vehicle under similar conditions can very objectively answer and am hoping someone will have some inputs.
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:58   #65
Senior - BHPian

Here's a 15k km update on the Perfinza!
  1. The tires continue to grip real hard. You can literally throw the car into a corner at high speeds and still not correct the steering input. Did not expect it to be that good! I can't push it further because I'm holding on to the seat to prevent moving around too much. The link rods, which were replaced less that 20k kms ago, have already been replaced.
  2. The tires, although really silent when new, have become really noisy. We've never had such noisy tires before. Very much observable between 90-110 kmph although there is not much issue before and after that
  3. This was a switch from 185/60/15 to 195/60/15. This is the first time I'm doing a tire size upgrade. I'm really happy about the added ground clearance but I feel the gear ratios have changed and the car feels less peppy than before. Next time, I'll be going back to the original size since the new Conti UC6 is supposed to be available in stock size ( someone please confirm).
  4. Ride quality is decent and not too cushy despite the upsize. Doesn't flex while cornering hard either.
  5. Steering feedback and heft is good and I love the feel.
  6. Wear is decent. I'm assuming it'll easily go another 25k kms easily.
  7. The sidewalls have no scars as such. Seems to be quite rugged despite dropping it into deep potholes.
These are the tires to go for if you prioritise grip and handling. Comfort and silence lovers will be better off with the Michelins.

Last edited by Turbohead : 2nd January 2021 at 21:01.
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 12:09   #66
BHPian

I apologize for the lengthy post in advance. Writing this short review after 2 months of using these and having pent up reactions all along.

The first time I read about MRF Perfinza's was on BHP-ian Nikhil's Octavia VRS ownership thread.

I was just as pleasantly surprised as anyone hearing it for the first time would be as to how MRF of all tyres is (a) premium and (b) performing so well.

It was around the time when I was in the process of buying a pre-owned car for college. I had my mind set on the default choice i.e. Michelin P3ST or the newer P4ST.

Lo and behold, soon enough I got a very well kept Honda City V MT 2012, just 34k on the ODO and still running the factory Michelin XM2's, which despite their 9 year old age and having developed cracks all over were performing surprisingly well.

Tyre upgrade was the first thing I did and I was looking at either Yokohama Blu-earth AE 51's, Michelin P4ST or MRF Perfinza's. All in size 195/60/15.

Michelin P4ST's were very hard to come across due to the import ban situation, and were only available with a Michelin premium dealer and were costing me nearly 8k per tyre.

So I looked at the other two options, eliminated the AE 51's because I wanted:

1.) Grip, Grip, Grip (esp. wet grip, rains a lot in Manipal)
2.) Lowkey was very curious about the Perfinza.

So I went with the Perfinza's @ just 5500 per tyre (great deal, I know , dealer was a known contact).

BOY did I make the right decision. These tyres stick like leeches on the road, doesn't matter wet or dry.

If you're upgrading from factory tyres you will find them way quieter (feedback from a friend upgrading from factory Bridgestones on his Honda WR-V). However, Michelin is still king in terms of ride comfort and road noise.

But really, the grip (dry and wet) levels will make you forget everything else. For most road cars with factory horses you will struggle to reach the grip limit without causing an accident at least.

Sidewall flex in well contained and these tyres are adapted well to Indian road conditions, less chances of punctures as well.

And at the price point they are available, you need a very strong inclination towards pure ride comfort and tyre noise to choose Michelin's over these.

If you're in two minds about trying and or are in a situation like me, I highly recommend them.

Thanks for reading, Happy Motoring!!
ibisbrew is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 11:06   #67
BHPian

I own Honda City IDtec Edge which comes with a Bridgestone 175/65 R15 Alloy . The tyres were good with decent performance but the profile always seemed puny for the City. Till 45K km, I faced no problem , but post that, the rear left tyre got multiple punctures. Then its sidewall got punctured . I got it repaired but the tyre started to lose the pressure once in 3 days or so. Finally, after a fresh puncture, the tyre became unusable and had to shift to the spare.

Meanwhile, I was trying to get Michelin P4st 195/60 R15 , but the import ban meant the scarcity of the tyres or atrocious prices . So, eventhough I wanted to change the tyres, I delayed .

After the car ran for a couple of 100 kms, the front left tyre started to lose the pressure . Further, I found the front tyres to have wore off more than I expected at 47000Km.
This alarmed me as I drive 600 km everyweek on highways and resolved to change the tyres asap.

I zeroed on MRF Perfinzas 195/60 R15 as suggested by my friend @varun_nexaguy , who assured its almost as good as P4sts coming at a lesser price.

I took the leap and got the Tyres fixed along with the WBA. The tyres were manufactured in Feb 2020.

I drove around 400 KM after and the ride definitely seems to have become more plush, but the biggest difference I can observe is that the steering became tight and meatier to hold, especially at higher speeds , which inspires confidence on highways.
I can see a 1km drop in mileage reading on MID but no difference in range. Will have to see the difference in mileage after I fill the tank

Will post further observations in future.
Attached Thumbnails
MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-20210703_151834.jpg  

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-20210703_200945.jpg  

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-20210703_201108.jpg  

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-20210704_104154.jpg  

Last edited by poised2drive : 7th July 2021 at 11:23.
poised2drive is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks