Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 17:37   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'

A review of the Perfinza I found online.

http://evoindia.com/tested-mrf-17-inch-perfinza-tyres/

This review more or less mirrors my opinions.
Old 29th January 2018, 08:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
A review of the Perfinza I found online.

http://evoindia.com/tested-mrf-17-inch-perfinza-tyres/

This review more or less mirrors my opinions.
How are the Perfinza's holding up Nikhil? In terms of more miles now that you would have surely racked.

Also, any more new sizes available.
Old 31st January 2018, 11:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

No news is good news.

I have covered about 8500 kms on these tyres and am very happy with them. Silent, comfortable and more than enough grip for anything Indian highways have to throw at me.

There has not been a single moment in the last 8500 kms where I have wished for a better tyre.

Yes, these dont have the brand value of a Michelin PS4 which all good vRS are running now, but frankly, I dont give a damn!

I know you're looking for 205/60-16 but it isnt available. Same sizes as before.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 15:19   #19
BHPian

Good that I chose to go with Michelin. Have done around 3500 km+ after installing and I must say that am pretty satisfied with the performance!
Old 31st January 2018, 15:40   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by distiller View Post
Good that I chose to go with Michelin. Have done around 3500 km+ after installing and I must say that am pretty satisfied with the performance!
What exactly are you trying to say? Forgive me usage of a Hindi meme, but....

MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza'-4e6da28748b4f3026cfa840d38b168c1d8afa03b72fb10606238c2ac2591a147.jpg
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 12:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
What exactly are you trying to say? Forgive me usage of a Hindi meme, but....

Attachment 1722545

I just wanted to say that there lies uncertainty in trying new products & I didn't have that luxury. So I stuck to tried and tested ones!

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2018 at 23:01. Reason: Language
distiller is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st February 2018, 17:35   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, that's absolutely true.

Of course, it helps when the trial is from a reputed company like MRF. But in principle, I agree with you. With tyres, I am in a good position and can try out different brands and models. But for other products where I am just a consumer, I will also prefer to stick to tried and tested models.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 10:06   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

My car completed 20,000 kms last week. This milestone was achieved in just a little bit more than 6.5 months.

I've been lucky to have a lot of opportunities to drive in the last few months. I feel, it may reduce in the next few months due to work and family commitments.

This post is a review of the set of MRF Perfinza Tyres that I'm using on the car.

I have covered almost 12,000 kms on these tyres and I am very impressed.

There’s a term called Surefooted. Google defines this word as below.

• unlikely to stumble or slip.
• confident and competent.

The Perfinzas seem to demonstrate exactly that.

I have been very happy with the Perfinzas ever since I got them installed at an odo reading of 8383 kms. Today, having crossed 20k kms, I can also report on the wear and tear on the tyre.

A brand new Perfinza has a tread depth of approximately 8mm. My Perfinzas after 11,000 kms have a tread depth of 6mm. It is advisable to change tyres once the tread depth reaches 2mm. This is the legal limit in most Western countries. Knowing this, and assuming the wear on my Perfinzas continues at the same rate, this set should last for about 35k kms.

Which isnt bad for a heavy 2.0 litre turbo petrol with 350NM of torque!

Last week, I drove to MMST and back in a single day. The entire drive to MMST was done on wet roads thanks to overnight rains. On my return drive, the roads were dry for most of the time but at Krishnagiri, it started pouring. Some of the heaviest rain I’ve driven through in my life.

This was the first time I was driving the vRS with Perfinzas in wet conditions. I was absolutely blown away.

There were multiple times I hit huge standing pools of water expecting the car to aquaplane. However, the car didn’t. Clearly, the Perfinzas were doing a great job channeling water away from the tread and maximising the contact patch.

On wet slippery roads, I had to do some hard braking and quick lane changes and the tyres were rock solid. The behaved as well as they would have in the wet.

Coming to the surefooted feel…. The tyres gave me immense confidence. On my return journey, for example, the sun had set, it was raining heavily and I am a scaredy cat when it’s dark. So, I was driving slow-ish. But I was still maintaining a good pace and the tyres gave me total confidence that I could cruise at whatever speed I wanted. Whenever I needed something from the tyres, it was there. A couple of lane changes on soaked roads and it was done with ZERO drama. A couple of hard stops and it was done with no drama. Even when I was just braking to slow down, the car felt very planted and gave me an immense amount of confidence.

In the dry, I have of course been very happy. Even on this trip, I was following a truck and near the Arcot bridge, he had to brake very hard to avoid T-boning an idiot in an Etios. His tyres locked up and he slid in a straight line for a bit. I braked and then realised that I didn’t have to stand on the brakes. I just braked calmly and surely and stopped well before the truck.

The lateral grip in the wet was surprising. Lane changes or corners taken at triply digit speeds were easy. At the risk of repeating myself, the tyres gave me a lot of confidence. If I was a braver man, I may have even pushed harder.

I know this sounds like an advertisment, but believe me, I am as surprised as anyone reading this report.

I have had narrow escapes which could have been accidents if not for the Perfinzas.

I found the Perfinzas to be quite silent as well above 100 kmph. Around 80-100 I found them to be a bit noisy, but post that, somehow they seem very silent.

The tyre is comfortable too. However, I wouldn’t say much about it as I still find the vRS suspension to be a bit too stiff for Bangalore roads.

When I got the Road Force Balancing done, 3 tyres had very low road force variation. I think I’ve explained earlier in one of my posts that a high end tyre generally has very low road force variation. The readings for the MRF was on par with any foreign made tyre after 11k kms.

Please do not ask me how the Perfinza fares in comparison to any other tyre. I have only used the Hankooks and after 8k kms on the Hankooks and 12k on the MRFs, I can say it’s a no-contest. With regard to any other tyre, I cant compare. I am reviewing the Perfinzas and I am thrilled that they have met my expectations.

I drive my car hard, I drive my car fast, I corner fast and at times, I brake hard and the Perfinzas have kept me happy.

If this was a Michelin or any other big name brand, we wouldn’t be this surprised. However, an MRF, made in-India tyre being this good is surely surprising. I can only hope MRF continues to make good tyres so that in a few years, this sort of a review isnt a surprise anymore!

DISCLAIMER:

While I am very happy with my Perfinzas, other people may have a different experience. Every car behaves differently. Please understand this is MY experience with the Perfinzas.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 12:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
My car completed 20,000 kms last week. This milestone was achieved in just a little bit more than 6.5 months.
This is an awesome review for , otherwise , underrated tyres .

If you were to rate and compare these to the segment leaders like BlueEarth , p3st , c2c how would you rate each on a scale of 1 to 10 . I am really interested in hearing your rating .

Last edited by GTO : 21st March 2018 at 17:01. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 21st March 2018, 12:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
If you were to rate and compare these to the segment leaders
Nikhil has already written this .

Quote:
Please do not ask me how the Perfinza fares in comparison to any other tyre.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 13:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Also factor that in a typical size of 205/55/16, the Perfinza is 7,000 bucks compared to ~8,500 for the Michelin P3ST in the same size.

That is a LOT cheaper.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 15:16   #27
BHPian

I won't mind trying it out on my A6 or 320d if I get a set to test. Though I doubt that they can be anywhere near P3ST. On the sidewall issue mentioned by GTO, I have had zero issue on P3ST in last 4-5 years in mixed driving usage (touch wood!).
Old 18th May 2018, 17:21   #28

Changed my Linea's tyre to MRF Perfinza couple weeks back. Quick impression after 1500kms :- First thing is, it is very grippy and very easy over rumblers and those small lane indicators on the highway. I can also feel a slightly improved braking. Had an opportunity last day to drive in heavy rain, and yes, you can maintain the speed. The small puddles of water that I ran into did not give any nervousness.
Except for a drone like noise I get around 100kmph(otherwise silent), I am all happy with this tyre.
luukie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 09:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
My car completed 20,000 kms last week. Perfinzas.
Hi Nikhil, thanks for the great review! Can you please let me know how does it compare with ZLO and ZSport?

Last edited by rageshgr : 3rd June 2018 at 09:48.
Old 3rd June 2018, 10:50   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Hi Nikhil, thanks for the great review! Can you please let me know how does it compare with ZLO and ZSport?
I cant. I havent tested them back to back and they are very different tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks