Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2006, 23:46   #1
BHPian

suggest good alloys and tyres

guys its time to change the tyres of my zen i wud like to upgrade to alloys
will u guys please suggest which alloy and what tyres?is there any good shops were i can get bttr selction.. i live in kerala hey please let me know some good sites from wer i can get t price and all
Old 3rd December 2006, 23:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

dodge,

There is no need of website for prizes, just wait till tomorrow noon you will get all the details.

Till then you can use search option to find user reviews.

Mugen.
Old 4th December 2006, 01:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Dodge, best place in Kochi is Global Tyres, Mamangalam (Near Popular-Maruti). Ask for Philip. He gives the best prices and the best service in Kochi. The other bigger places have a buy-if-you-want-or-get-lost attitude.

Use this website to double-check size upgrades: Tire size calculator

Go for tubeless tyres. Don't buy tubed tyres, period.

I'm partial to Michelin. They cost a little more, but they are worth the extra premium. Their Energy Series is the comfort range (lesser road noise, better ride quality). The Pilot Preceda Series is the performance range -- better handling & grip than Energy series, lesser reduction in road noise and lesser ride quality than Energy series. They also wear out quicker than Energy series.

You'll find lots of threads here about tyres and alloys here. Spend a few hours on T-BHP before you go out shopping. You'll know all you need to know :-)
Old 4th December 2006, 16:51   #4
BHPian

Well in india Neo and aura are good. Neo has a lot of designs including spinners also. Aura is not my choice though.

Some imported alloys:- which i have a first hand experience at using is Hijoin/hr, and bsa both very decent and have a huge range available in india. Most of their dealers will also take orders in case they dont have a particular design in stock.

Cheaper brands include Legacy and others, not particuarly sure about their quality!!

Tyres i only trust Bridgestone and Michelin, both have plants in india now so tyres are being developed according to our road and weather conditions. Apollo is also coming out with a good range now....

Tyre size i wouldnt suggest wider than 165's i had those and the car used to scrape the body at times in my zen (this was almost 8 years ago though got that size for the zen on special order)
Old 4th December 2006, 16:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
Tyres i only trust Bridgestone and Michelin, both have plants in india now so tyres are being developed according to our road and weather conditions. Apollo is also coming out with a good range now....
Michelin dosen't yet have a plant in India, they are currently importing tyres from China etc.
You can decide between Bridgestone Turanza and Michelin XM1 Energy tubeless tyres, both are good!
Old 4th December 2006, 17:06   #6
BHPian

From what i remember reading Apollo Tyres has a line dedicated for manufacturing tyres for Michelin.....They have some sort of a tie up
Old 4th December 2006, 17:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

got a budget? I liked couple of alloys that cost 50k per piece

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...set-tyres.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...loys+tyres+zen

beeman, is it at the Kerala factory?

Last edited by jkdas : 4th December 2006 at 17:46.
Old 4th December 2006, 19:20   #8
Team-BHP Support

Dodge, check this thread as suggested by JK.

JK, thanks and this thread is closed.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th December 2006 at 19:30.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks