Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 23:36   #16
BHPian

Hey go for the LEAGUE Alloys. I had them on my bolero and they really rock. It was the 17". The only problem that u would face is during rainy days, you will not be able to drive with the windows down , also you will have to weld the steppiny with an additional piece of iron piece as the alloy will not fit with the OEM..
Old 18th December 2006, 11:20   #17

Alloys for Bolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
Kpzen, Thank you for the spec.

Mady, I have'nt had time off from my work, Did not buy the wheels yet . If you are going for Tyres, go for Michelin [ It has been told to me the Best Tyre for Bolero with respect to Comfurt/ Grip and Life too! ]
Chanapli, I Booked the sportz on Saturday, Picking it up in Jan, I am going to see / Check the prices of the HR alloys this week. If you have not picked up I suggest wait during this week. Let me check the price and let you know.
Old 18th December 2006, 12:14   #18
BHPian

Water Splash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
The only problem that u would face is during rainy days, you will not be able to drive with the windows down , ..
Is the general problem with all alloy wheels?. Or is just LEAGUE?. I dont remember anything like this on my city.
Old 18th December 2006, 12:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady View Post
Chanapli, I Booked the sportz on Saturday, Picking it up in Jan, I am going to see / Check the prices of the HR alloys this week. If you have not picked up I suggest wait during this week. Let me check the price and let you know.
Welcome to Bolero Club!

I Havn't picked my wheels. Since my brother told me wheels are cheaper in cochin , I am going to wait for the confirmation. [22K in BLR Vs 18 K in COK]
Old 18th December 2006, 16:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli
Is the general problem with all alloy wheels?. Or is just LEAGUE?. I dont remember anything like this on my city.
He's using 17" wheels. Thats y!
Old 18th December 2006, 18:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Only with the bolero if u r fitting a alloy wheel apart from the one which is provided by Mahindra. And yes the water splashing problem because i am using the 17" alloys, but they sure turns head all round the streets

Last edited by jango : 18th December 2006 at 18:09.
Old 20th December 2006, 21:06   #22
jp1
BHPian

I am using a bolero GLX from 2001 and had an Aura alloy directly bought from distributor on JC road. I bought this in 2004 for around 19K (5 of them) original price was 22K and I got a discuount. There was a promotion at that thru Autocar by Jindal who makes these. As some one else said, on a rainy day it is a nuisance. Otherwise it looks good. Not had any problem and I felt these are quite solid. I sold GLX and bought SLX six months ago. Both are with Peugeot engine.
Old 22nd December 2006, 09:41   #23
BHPian

Hey Chanapli,
Any Updates on your alloys?? Did you buy them or still looking out for better options??
Thanks,
Mega
Old 28th December 2006, 09:25   #24
BHPian

Hey - I bought a Bolero 2 weeks back with 15" BSA alloys (dealer got them at diff amt of 11K), went in for Bridgestone Dueler tyres as I couldn't get tubeless types. Do we have a Bolero club in this forum?
Old 2nd January 2007, 10:00   #25

G-Boleroboy

Bolero Boy!

Can you upload an image of your alloys please!! I came accross a HR alloy model H-276 which is a new design, a little different from the conventional spokes designs. Should be buying it in two weeks time!
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:50   #26
BHPian

Mega5918, Jan 25 While I am in Kerala. My Brother has booked 5 of them in COK.
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:54   #27
BHPian

Excellent link on Alloy Wheels

Tyres-Online: Technical Information: Technical Aspects of Alloy Wheels

However, I really can not understand why a manufacture has to offer two P.C.D [ref: home MM->Bolero] wheels for BOLERO.

Could someone explain?.
Old 2nd January 2007, 13:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Only with the bolero if u r fitting a alloy wheel apart from the one which is provided by Mahindra. And yes the water splashing problem because i am using the 17" alloys, but they sure turns head all round the streets

17 inches!! some pics please.. never saw a 17 inchs on any suv till now.. which tyres?
Old 6th January 2007, 15:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Tyres-Online: Technical Information: Technical Aspects of Alloy Wheels

However, I really can not understand why a manufacture has to offer two P.C.D [ref: home MM->Bolero] wheels for BOLERO.

Could someone explain?.
Aura alloys site displays two designs for Bolera. The PCD shown was 160mm and 139.7mm. 160mm is the Bolero PCD and 139.7mm is the PCD for Tavera and Gypsy. They are indicating the availability of the design in both PCD and not that Bolero comes with two different PCD.
Old 8th January 2007, 08:25   #30
BHPian

Sn48001, Thanks for the explanation. Wondering how could someone [ Aura ] build a website with misleading information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks