Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2020, 20:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford Freestyle Tire Upgrade Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK01 View Post
Hey all...

Considering my usage, the vehicle's torque engine and healthy ground clearance which makes it a really good vehicle for explorations, i'm seriously considering to upgrade my tires to A/T tires. The starting size for A/T is 215 75 R15 which I saw on many TUV300s. I dont know if this will fit my Freestyle or will be a overkill.

Since the ride quality and high speed balance is spot on with the tired I have now, I dont know how the vehicle would behave with the bigger tires.

Please suggest the right tire for my Freestyle that supports my usage.
The possible upgrades would be
1)195/55/r15
2)205/55/r15
After reading your post I think it is better you get some good set of tyres with the stock size or else upgrade to 195 section for overall good stability and control.
Aafaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 23:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aafaq View Post
The possible upgrades would be
1)195/55/r15
2)205/55/r15
After reading your post I think it is better you get some good set of tyres with the stock size or else upgrade to 195 section for overall good stability and control.
What do you say about 205 70 R15 AT tires?
Old 4th February 2020, 11:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK01 View Post
What do you say about 205 70 R15 AT tires?
This will be a wrong upsize with an overall difference of more than 10 mm.
Aafaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 23:03   #19
BHPian

Re: Ford Freestyle : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Not that I am looking for a tyre upgrade right away, but I would like to do so once the stock set (185/60/15 Goodyear Assurance) requires a change. So far, I have clocked 19500 kms with no issues (zero punctures). I do ensure to check the alignment and balancing the wheels along with recommended rotation every 5000 kms and or as required.

Now, I do want to keep my stock 15 wheels of the Freestyle as these are well suited IMHO. I also want to upgrade my steel spare wheel to the stock alloy type.

After reading all the posts here, it seems like the 195/55/15 ones are the best option for Freestyle without offsetting the car’s dynamics.

That being said, I would like to know the pros and cons of upgrading the tyres to the following sizes:

1.) 195/55/15
2.) 195/60/15

Personally, I am not keen on upgrading the tyres with shorter side wall for the heck of better stance and look.
Old 8th September 2021, 13:15   #20
BHPian

I am planning to change the tires of my Ford Freestyle 1.5D which had run 45000 kms. I don't want to upsize/downsize the tire and would like to stick to 185/60 R15. Want to get rid of Good Year Assurance tires as they're prone to punctures. Looking for Continental, Bridgestone, Yokohama and Michelin. Could you please suggest the best one out of these and the model?
madhukarmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 14:52   #21

Hello,

I've been driving a 25k run used 2018 1.2 Petrol Freestyle which I acquired last year. It came with 185/60 r15 Goodyear Assurance TripleMax. I'm not sure if it's because of the low mileage, but the tires have become very hard and have started to show some cracks. I have also started to hear some metal crunching noise from the suspension while crossing bumps since a few months. Is it possible the hard tires have caused the suspension bushes to result in some play?

The car will have low mileage in the future as well since I wouldn't be driving it anymore and will be used majorly by my mother. Looking at the current options, I can either stick to the stock size of 185/60 or go with 195/55 that comes with the Blu variants.

Since my suspension already seems to have been affected, I've decided to go with the stock size instead of decreasing the sidewall furhter. For this size the Yoko Earth1s seem to be great.

My concern is, since the Earth1s are medium/hard compound tires, will the low mileage result in them turning hard as well? Should I rather consider getting Michelin XM2s or Continental CC6 which are relatively softer?

Or should I further increase the sidewall and go for 195/60 Continental UC6 to save my suspension of bad roads.

Would appreciate your input.
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:32   #22

Hello,

Has anybody tried the 195/60 r15 tyres on the freestyle?

Or even the 205/55 r 15s?

Have been looking to upgrade and upsize. Thinking about the uc6 in these sizes.

Let me know the feedback of these sizes if anyone has tried.

TIA.

Deshu
Old 2nd December 2023, 20:04   #23

Hello

I have a 2019 freestyle and my front tyres - OEM Goodyear have been used enough and is showing the need of replacement after 22 K Kms

I am confused between Yokohama Earth 1 or Bridgestone Sturdo.
I am not sure if I should look at any other brand.

It is 185/60 R 15 and I travel in rural roads as well as urban roads at 40-60 division and car goes out generally on the weekends. But at high speeds over the long drives.

What do you experts suggest I should take up ?
Thank you for your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks