Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2007, 22:13   #31
BHPian

thanks man.its clear now.
Old 28th February 2007, 22:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I used to buy the same for 2300/- each but that was some time back. Infact just bought B350 tubelesses for my mother's car & they costed me around 2650-odd for 165/65 R13. So I see no reason why S322's are for 2950.
Ishan
Bridgestone B350 costs Rs 2250 per tyre
Old 1st March 2007, 00:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Ishan
Bridgestone B350 costs Rs 2250 per tyre
In 165/65 R13 ?
Old 1st March 2007, 09:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In 165/65 R13 ?
Yes sir..!! same size i got on my zen...
Old 1st March 2007, 11:34   #35
BHPian

as said by raghava sir and esteem lover i went to see the michelins and the dealer quoted 2850 for the tubeless. but i want a tube tyre as the rest of the tyres on the car are tube ones.so wht to do?
Old 1st March 2007, 20:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

i mean the rims of swift. brand new ones with the tyre comes for 900 in local market. use only the rim if you want to cut cost, else go for alloys. you drive pretty fast, so buy better tyres not s323 and similar hard types. i think going for better tyres and going for alloys after sometime is better option
Old 1st March 2007, 20:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankeerthreddy View Post
as said by raghava sir and esteem lover i went to see the michelins and the dealer quoted 2850 for the tubeless. but i want a tube tyre as the rest of the tyres on the car are tube ones.so wht to do?
I would suggest u to get two new Bridgestone tyres S322 n have all four same tyres...
Old 1st March 2007, 21:27   #38
BHPian

gigy do u know any one who deals with those rims.i dint come across any one who sell those OEM rims with tyres.
KPZen i also saw the s322 tubeless,so can i install the tubeless in the front and the old tube tyres at the rear.
Old 1st March 2007, 22:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gigy do u know any one who deals with those rims.i dint come across any one who sell those OEM rims with tyres.
KPZen i also saw the s322 tubeless,so can i install the tubeless in the front and the old tube tyres at the rear.
Considering your car n rims are not new ....the rims must have taken a lot of pounding over the years so now fixing a tubeless tyre on those rims can cause air leakage issues....Its not a fact but i've seen similar problem faced by ppl...
i would say have all four wheels with same setup .....All four tubeless or tube type...
Old 1st March 2007, 22:44   #40
rks
BANNED

Quote:
No, PLEASE don't! If you use old tubetype tyres in the rear and brand-new tubeless tyres in front, you are asking for trouble big time because your car is likely to oversteer (I assume your car is front-wheel drive, but that will still not save you from oversteer in this situation). Because your front tyres would be brand-new AND tubeless, meaning they would be MUCH more grippier than the old, tubetype tyres. This is precisely what my Santro manual explicitly warns against. Similarly putting the new tubeless tyres in the rear will cause understeer (which is better than oversteer, but still not desirable).

As kpzen pointed out, keep all tyres either tubeless or tubetype. And replace all of them at the same time. Don't try to save money here and get into serious trouble.

Last edited by rks : 1st March 2007 at 22:53.
Old 1st March 2007, 22:53   #41
Team-BHP Support

sankeerthareddy, call up the bridgestone dealer in hyderabad. they generally give the lowest rates and proper bill and warranty.

I am sure that you will get good rates for the S322. Go for these instead of 2 different types of tyres on the car.

Since you already have tube tyres go for tubes only. Once you have the budget and your S322's are worn out you can upgrade to proper rubber alround.

there are quite a few dealers in hyderabad. The performance clubs have a proper showroom and better service than the dealers.

http://www.bridgestone.co.in/dealerlocator/map.asp
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:37   #42
BHPian

[quote=sankeerthreddy;381172]wht do u think about mrf zvts,

never go for mrf zvts... its terrible
i'm having it on my OHC. ride and braking quality gone down terribly[my experience] when compared to those bridestones which had in it earlier.
http://www.lovepostcards.net/288100 )))))))))))))))
http://www.lovepostcards.net/288100 )))))))))))))))
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:58   #43
rks
BANNED

Quote:
As for the new tyres I would recommend you keep both on the front wheels since your car is a FWD.
This is OK provided there isn't too much wear on the rear tyres. If one is regularly rotating tyres so that the differences in wear are minimal, it makes sense to put the less-worn tyres in front in a FWD and I also follow this. But if the the old tyres are in a highly worn state and you put in brand new tyres on the front, you may end up with oversteer, especially on highways. If the driver is not experienced enough to be aware of this, he may get himself into trouble. Of course in the city you can get away with just about anything.
Old 2nd March 2007, 14:19   #44
rks
BANNED

Quote:
i also saw the s322 tubeless,so can i install the tubeless in the front and the old tube tyres at the rear.
I am assuming the following:
(1) You would like to change to tubeless tyres, your rims are in decent shape to have tubless tyres mounted and your existing tubed tyres still have a life of ~ 10000 kms.
(2) You are determined to extract all the available mileage out of the tubed tyres.
(3) You do a significant amount of highway driving at speeds of 110-120 kmph.

Under these assumptions, here is my suggestion.

(a) Get two new tubeless tyres of the same size as the existing tubed tyres, mount these tubeless tyres on the rear wheels, and mount your best two available tubed tyres on the front wheels. Don't forget to do balancing/alignment. This is in accordance with my Santro manual's recommendation which asserts that understeer is safer than oversteer.

(b) Drive carefully for the next ~ 10000 kms till the front tyres have only minimum amount of tread left. Be aware that your car will be prone to understeer, so slow down for corners or in wet/slippery conditions.

(c) Switch the tubeless tyres to the front, put two brand new tubeless tyres of the same brand and size on the rear wheels.

(d) Rotate tyres and do alignment/balancing every 5000 kms thereafter.

Ideally, though, it is preferable to replace all tyres with new tubeless tyres as mentioned earlier.

On the other hand, if your tubed tyres have more than 15000 kms left, and you are determined to use them up, then go in for two new tubed tyres as mentioned by vid6639. I would still suggest you put the new tyres in the rear, but putting them in the front would also be OK as suggested by iraghava.

Last edited by rks : 2nd March 2007 at 14:36.
Old 2nd March 2007, 18:07   #45
rks
BANNED

Here are two nice pdf documents:

1. Tire fitment safety precautions and instructions

http://www.coopertire.com/html/pdf/T...mentSafety.pdf

2. Replacing less than 4 tires

http://www.coopertire.com/html/pdf/S...ulletin113.pdf

Note that everything said here need not apply to Indian conditions. For example, tyre rotation is recommended every 8000 miles (~ 13000 kms), but should be more frequent on the bad Indian roads.

Edit: See also the following

3. Tire mixing

http://www.coopertire.com/html/pdf/S...ulletin107.pdf

Last edited by rks : 2nd March 2007 at 18:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks