Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2007, 00:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
@faithless, lol you planning on changing your alloys?? Is rags coming with you this time as well to help you select the wheels?
If that happens then Ishan is gonna get him bling bling 12" spinners for him this time for sure

KP
Old 11th March 2007, 02:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
If that happens then Ishan is gonna get him bling bling 12" spinners for him this time for sure

KP
nop kp your wrong as this time am getting either monster truck wheels or the radurra clear wheels

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 11th March 2007 at 02:13.
Old 11th March 2007, 11:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Am counting on you all to get some information & help me out here.
I recently got Neo alloys fitted to my 1.2 Palio, I got the Rally version from Neo the rim size is 13" X 5.5". Unfortunately my budget did not allow me to upgrade to tubeless tyres, so I kept the stock Bridgestones on.
I noticed the rear left tyre was scraping the wheel arch with a full load. A noticeable rubber only from that tyre had been shaved off. I got aluminum spacers for the rear suspension & that solved the problem.
But, I really did not want any other modification done to the car's body. Now, my question is "is anyone else facing the same problem with similar brand of alloys & size?" & "what should be the proper tyre upgrade to go for?". I love the trye patterns that Pirelli offers. HELP
Hi mb,

Your problem is the tyres protruding out of the wheel arches and nothing else. I had faced the exact same problem wih my 800. I had fitted 12" alloys and stock radial tyres on it. The design of the alloys were such that the wheels used to protrude out of the wheel arches by an inch. I never made a single change with the tyre size or rims. The front wheels used to scrape the wheel arch during a full turn and the rear wheels used to scrape on full load.

I never understood the reason but realised the reason was only the protruding wheels and nothing else. My advise is to stick to alloys which do not bulge out. I do agree they look hot, but not at the cost of damaging the vehicle.

Epic
Old 15th March 2007, 17:50   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hi mb_Jg please keep us updated on this problem. I am eager to know what went wrong here.
Old 15th March 2007, 18:25   #20
BHPian

Am getting the left suspension checked this weekend. Pretty sure that it's a suspension problem, which is a bit difficult to digest since the car is just about 2 months old. Overall those type of alloys do pose a prob with most vehicles since they protrude a bit. But, nevertheless, I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for all your inputs & help guys.
Old 15th March 2007, 18:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
3 questions -
1. Were these rims meant specifically for your car ? ie does it list palio in the compatible cars list for this rim.
2. What is the size of tire you are running?
3. Is that side of your car sagging? (due to suspension etc)

cya
R
Hi Rehaan, the dealer did say that 13" rims should not be a prob for the Palio. I am running on stock tyres at the moment which I believe are 165's. The side of my car is not sagging, overall it's a brand new car.
Old 15th March 2007, 18:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
The alloy offset is wrong for your Palio as explained by Hydra above...
Your wheels must be looking something like this protruding outside the wheel arches...

to solve this either get the alloys changed or install spacers.......
Hey, this is exactly what it looks like. Looks like the alloys in the picture have 6 spokes, mine has 5.
Old 5th October 2011, 19:02   #23
BHPian

Wheel rubbing against wheel well

I'm just back from a Thrissur-Palakkad-Thrissur run in my Linea. The highway (NH 47) has some terrible stretches. On getting back to town and doing a round-about, I noticed that the left front wheel was rubbing against the wheel well when turned fully to the right. Now I had maintained only very reasonable speeds, and don't remember hitting any pot hole at great speed.
Is this only a simple mis-alignment or am I in for major repairs like a bent axle or something?
Please give some advice!
Old 5th October 2011, 19:27   #24
Team-BHP Support

Re: Wheel rubbing against wheel well

Do you find any issues with wheel alignment/balancing? As in, car pulling to any side.

Is the wheel rubbing the plastic wheel arch? If that's the case, the arch might have come loose.

Else, could be something with the suspension. Probably it is not opening up completely.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 5th October 2011 at 19:35.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 19:33   #25
BHPian

The car was perfect till today's drive. Have done only 8000 kms. I got the alignment and balancing done at 5000 kms.
I haven't noticed any pull to the sides, but haven't actually tried taking my hands off the steering after I noticed the scraping.
Anyway, I'll be taking her to the tyre shop first thing tomorrow.
Old 5th October 2011, 19:49   #26
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Could as simple a problem as the wheel well getting loose and sagging on to the wheel. Just check if the wheel well is loose.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 20:12   #27
BANNED

The plastic wheel well liner may be loose or bent due to any hit at bottom of liner while on move. If it is fine, then check wheel nuts.
rajivanoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 20:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

Issues I can think of are :

- Bent suspension lower arm
- Stabilizer bar rubber bush worn out or damaged

Its important to get your car checked ASAP!
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 20:42   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the input, everyone. I guess I should be taking the car to TASS and not the tyre shop!
At first look, I wasn't able to discern where exactly the wheel was scraping the arch.
Hope it wouldn't be something major!
Old 5th October 2011, 21:23   #30
BANNED

If you have access to an ramp, in your neighborhood garage or service station, you check yourself before taking to A.S.S, so that you can see and feel what is wrong, by turning wheel in ramp.

This will save you time and cost, by getting source of problem

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks