Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2022, 22:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prad View Post
Have you noticed any impact on the mileage due to the tyre upgrade? I to have the Michelin XM2 on my Amaze - while the factory fitted MRF ones lasted for 40K, the Michelins lasted 60K, and the next set lasted about 50K. I have only done 10K on my 4th set - so some more time to go before I change up.

So far I have not tried any tyre upgrade - My Amaze Diesel gets 30kmpl if I drive at 70-80kmph and 26 at 90 and 22 at 100 and 20 at 110.

I understand that broader tyres will result in lower mileage - but how much lower has been the question on my mind and I have just stayed at the same factory sizes. However, I am looking for a smoother ride as I expect my parents to use my car more often going forward, and hence looking to upgrade when my current set wears out, if the mileage penalty is not much.

So if some of you are able to quantify how much the mileage penalty is, it would help me make up my mind about upgrading. Thanks!
So the mileage that I have been getting on the amaze diesel cvt is 22@ 100kph and 20 to 19 @120kph
Kanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 12:07   #17

Hello,
Just came across this thread. I have a Honda Amaze 2015 VX AT petrol model retrofitted with Lovato CNG (14 kg cylinder) in April 2021. Have changed the rear springs of the suspension system from my trusted FNG. No scraping of the car now on most of the speed breakers, except the badly designed ones.
The tyres are due for replacement within the next 3-6 months. I am looking to upgrade to a new set of tyres. The car is fitted with Falken Tubeless belted radial tyressize being the 175/65R14 82T. I have a few questions for you alll.
1) What should be the tyre size of my new tyres? Can i upgrade to the 185/65/14 size?
2) What would be the pros and cons of such a change and will I have to recalibrate the car for changes in the kms reading?
3) Do i need to change the spare wheel as well? and will the new sized tyre fit in the space alloted in the boot?
4) the car experiences a lot of tyre noise as well as floor noise while driving, will it be reduced with the upgrade? What would be the recommended brand and model, Bridgestone or Yokohoma?
The car shows 84000+ on the odometer (it was a used car I brought in march 2021 the reading at that time was around 65k).

Thanking you all in anticipation.
makaarandsaraf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 03:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaarandsaraf View Post
1) What should be the tyre size of my new tyres? Can i upgrade to the 185/65/14 size?
2) What would be the pros and cons of such a change and will I have to recalibrate the car for changes in the kms reading?
3) Do i need to change the spare wheel as well? and will the new sized tyre fit in the space alloted in the boot?
4) the car experiences a lot of tyre noise as well as floor noise while driving, will it be reduced with the upgrade? What would be the recommended brand and model, Bridgestone or Yokohoma?
The car shows 84000+ on the odometer (it was a used car I brought in march 2021 the reading at that time was around 65k).
Thanking you all in anticipation.
1. You can upgrade to 185s on your oem alloys. I would suggest you to upside if you travel extensively on the highway. If you mostly run within the city in controlled speeds then stick to the oem size its perfect for it. Also the petrol 1.2l engine is a bit under powered, so keep that in mind, upsizing your tyres would stress the engine a bit more.

2. There is no recalibration that would be needed as I have checked my speed gauge and matched it to the speed radars and the speeds matched. So if the speedometer neddle pointed 60kmh even the speed radar showed 60kmh, whereas on oem size your speed would be a little less than what the neddle shows. Further the pros are better handling at high speeds, stability, a tad bit more cushiony and better cornering grip. Cons Decrease in fuel economy, stiffer steering wheel, petrol engine would be more stressed.

3. Need not as the upsize isnt much and it won't impair much of the driving stance of the car for temporary use(couple of 100km). Unless you have a habit of driving around on the spare wheel, then I suggest an upgrade of the spare wheel too.

4. My suggestion here would be first try to get a feedback on Michelins, as they are expensive but I personally feel worth each and every penny. Otherwise Bridgestone Turanza and Yokohama Decibels are good too, keeping in mind you want less road noise in your cabin. Try to keep away from their economy series.
Hope this helps
Kanboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 21:19   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
1. You can upgrade to 185s on your oem alloys. I would suggest you to upside if you travel extensively on the highway. If you mostly run within the city in controlled speeds then stick to the oem size its perfect for it. Also the petrol 1.2l engine is a bit under powered, so keep that in mind, upsizing your tyres would stress the engine a bit more.

2. There is no recalibration that would be needed as I have checked my speed gauge and matched it to the speed radars and the speeds matched. So if the speedometer neddle pointed 60kmh even the speed radar showed 60kmh, whereas on oem size your speed would be a little less than what the neddle shows. Further the pros are better handling at high speeds, stability, a tad bit more cushiony and better cornering grip. Cons Decrease in fuel economy, stiffer steering wheel, petrol engine would be more stressed.

3. Need not as the upsize isnt much and it won't impair much of the driving stance of the car for temporary use(couple of 100km). Unless you have a habit of driving around on the spare wheel, then I suggest an upgrade of the spare wheel too.

4. My suggestion here would be first try to get a feedback on Michelins, as they are expensive but I personally feel worth each and every penny. Otherwise Bridgestone Turanza and Yokohama Decibels are good too, keeping in mind you want less road noise in your cabin. Try to keep away from their economy series.
Hope this helps
Thanks for your very detailed response. I am now thinking of only changing the tyres but not upsizing them as I don't travel on the highway as often. Plus I wouldn't like to stress the engine too much. Your response has been very helpful in making the decision.
Thanks a lot
Old 31st December 2022, 20:43   #20
BHPian

Upgraded my tyres today.

2018 Amaze CVT. Stock - Bridgestone 175/55/R15, 37000 kilometers completed. New - Yokohama Earth1 195/60/R15, cost 28000 (valve change, alignment, balancing). Shop name - Michelin Tyres & Services - RR Enterprises, Chennai.

Last edited by Nazzy : 31st December 2022 at 20:45.
Old 4th June 2023, 13:40   #21

Hello folks, my current car - the 2019 Honda Amaze - is fitted with MRF ZVTV tubeless tyres of 175/65 R15 size (all 4 tyres). However, I am planning to upgrade the tyres as I find the ride to be a bit rough, plus significant road noise creeps inside the cabin while driving.

Having gone through this thread & forum, plus having done some additional research, I am planning to upgrade my tyres to Michelin XM2 model, with size of either one of the two below:
1) 185/65 R15
2) 195/60 R15

Which of the above two tyre sizes would you recommend upgrading to?

Additionally, I want to mention that while I will be driving mostly within the city, I will also be taking my car on a long trip (once a month) to a rural town which unfortunately has some rough and unpaved roads (with sharp stones & broken ceramic pieces, which the car must ride over). So far, my MRF ZVTV tubeless tyres have been able to withstand those rough roads without any damage; so I would like to know whether the Michelin XM2 tyres will also be able to withstand the same.
Old 11th June 2023, 01:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprashanth1982 View Post
Hello folks, my current car - the 2019 Honda Amaze -
1) 185/65 R15
2) 195/60 R15
Which of the above two tyre sizes would you recommend upgrading to?
Stick to 185/65R15. On my second sets now in this size. Perfect blend for Highway and City driving. Steering will be a bit heavier, but more confident on 3 digit speeds.
My second set is Continental UC6. Looked around for Michelins then but they were too expensive, so went ahead with the second best in the market. So far loving them, as I previously had Falkens. Ride quality is much softer now and absorbs the pot holes very well.
Kanboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 05:43   #23

On switching from stock 175/65/R14 to 185/65/R14, on average how much is the drop in the fuel efficiency for the petrol Amaze?

Also, how much "stressed" will it feel with bigger tyres?
Old 18th June 2023, 07:24   #24
BHPian

The Amaze has a lethargic petrol engine. While the upsize may help increase grip and make the steering feel better, it will add some stress to the underpowered engine.
Old 28th February 2024, 14:26   #25

Hi, so i got all 4 tyres upgraded for my Amaze 2019 VX.

Upsized from 175/65/15 to 185/65/15 with an intent to increase ground clearance.

Moved from factory fitted MRF ZVTV (they had become dry, bumpy and very noisy at 37k kms - majorly city driving), hence was looking for brands beyond MRF.

Shortlisted basis detailed insights on Team BHP:
1. Yokohama Earth 1 - Was quoted 5800 per tyre
2. Bridgestone Sturdo - Was quoted 6000 per tyre
3. Michelin XM2 - Was not available anywhere in Gurgaon

Finally went ahead with Bridgestone Sturdo, as it seemed like a good mix of soft and hard compounds (potholes in Gurgaon are worst). The dealer had stocks of both, but still recommended Bridgestone.

Also attaching some pictures for everyone's reference.

PS: This is my first post ever. Thank you Mods for giving me a chance, and please do let me know if this post needs any changes.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20240228-08.38.08-1.jpeg  

Honda Amaze : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20240228-08.38.08.jpeg  

Honda Amaze : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20240228-08.38.09-1.jpeg  

Honda Amaze : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20240228-08.38.09.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks