Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 17:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Have you seen aura ? there are a couple of designs for the WagonR which are pretty nice & dont cost a bomb either.
Boss, I have been looking up HR, League, Prestige on the websites - and one thing strikes me..at least all the ones I have seen (and seem to like) are 13" x 5.5". Now, I looked up Neo (and Aura) and they are 13" x 5". Yes, there are 5.5" ones from Neo too..there is one ...and Neo Clearly says no warranty due to "deep design."

Confused, I spoke to the place where they do the alignment/fitting in town and they said the 5.5" ones would scrape ...and that is definitely not what I want.

Looks like I might have to stick to Aura/Neo...or is there any HR/League/Prestige ones which are 13" x 5"?

I won't be changing my stock Bridgestone tires.
Old 20th March 2007, 19:42   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have you seen aura ? there are a couple of designs for the WagonR which are pretty nice & dont cost a bomb either.

I think they retail around 2.8-3.0K.

The first & second one will look great on your red wagonR.
For 3K a piece these old designs are really aint worth the price. Though the second one looks marginally ok. I still would recommend to look for something that suits you better in HR or Prestige.
Old 20th March 2007, 20:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

You won't have to change your shoes. If stock rims are 5j, 5.5J could jut out from the arches. What if you use spacers? I have seen a few Rs here in Calcutta shod with HR wheels. If you can wait, I'll ask my dealer and let you know.
Old 22nd March 2007, 11:57   #19
BHPian

Side thought this morning:

My stock tires are Bridgestone 155/65 R13 73S

If I think of going bigger than this, what would be the best route? Will my warranty be void? 1-year warranty is till May 2007 and I have taken another year of extended warranty.

I saw this post and it sure looks impressive (175/60/R13 Yokohama A539 tyres). I would not mind going to some tubeless, but which ones and which alloys to go with them? Or should I stick to stock size? Man, this is confusing
Old 22nd March 2007, 12:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

An upgrade to tubeless and bigger rubber would definetly give you a improved ride and handling. IMO, you should upgrade to an additional inch and choose tyres either Bridgestone Potenza's, Yokos or Michilen X1 energy series which wont sacrifice your FE too.

Reasonable alloys would be HR or Prestige
Old 22nd March 2007, 12:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

What i would recommend for you is change to alloys for now. Later when your warranty is over & you have completed more than 25K Kms on your car, it would be better for you to change your tyres, UNLESS you are having a lot of moolah & want to splurge it in one go.
Old 22nd March 2007, 13:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
What i would recommend for you is change to alloys for now. Later when your warranty is over & you have completed more than 25K Kms on your car, it would be better for you to change your tyres, UNLESS you are having a lot of moolah & want to splurge it in one go.
Clear --- as mud

No Moolah - so will stick to old shoes :(

Also, got very decent mileage on first long drive (333 kms ) of 19.36 kmpl (with AC) with stock rims/tires. Will be posting travelogue soon.

BTW boss, any luck with those pictures? I am just not getting the time to go to the Wheel shop...
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:59   #23
BHPian

Alloys bought now.

Update

Hi folks, I finally got my alloys today. Guess what?

I searched...

...searched...

..and searched for HR...... Prestige....and League..

Wherever I asked I got a NO...a NO..and another NO. The closest I got to was K-Speed, but that too was 13 x 5.5 and I wanted to stick to 5 inchers.

Then I was shown Neo Breeze and it looked like Wheelcaps (no offense to owners of this one).

My favourite vendor told me to go to Calcutta and get some fancy ones...this place is no place for alloys and I could not agree more .

But I knew I have to get them today, so I said fine this was my "last try.." went to the shop just next my house and asked them to show me Aura. They showed me A8350 and C9350 and I said not too bad, a little chunky, but good...would suit my wine Red WagonR. I will post them pictures soon.

They are not as fancy as the HR/Prestige - but they are no doubt pretty ones - and the A8350 are pretty robust looking too...for the potholes and there will be many. Paid Rs 15,300 for a set of 5. Getting some rebate on the old rims - will know soon.

A big thanks to all folks for going through the dilemma with me.
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations johy! Happy driving. But be extremely careful when doing puncture repairs.
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

And while parking parallel to the kerb.

Last edited by shuvd : 23rd March 2007 at 17:24.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good choice johy. I always felt that aura was good for the wagonr. Have a great time
cheers
Old 28th March 2007, 08:31   #27
BHPian

Posting pictures

Hi folks, finally got to posting some pictures. Thanks once again. The already overassisted powersteering of the WagonR feels even more light now - would that be normal?

Please click on thumbnails for hi-res images

An earlier picture

Last edited by johy : 28th March 2007 at 08:38.
Old 28th March 2007, 18:12   #28
BHPian

Congrates johy! nice alloys. why din't you try neo, it has very good patterns than aura.
Old 29th March 2007, 19:38   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetu View Post
Congrates johy! nice alloys. why din't you try neo, it has very good patterns than aura.

You are right Chetu. I did try Neo, but the only model they have for the WagonR (13" x 5") is the model they call Breeze, which is a pretty boring design. There are loads of designs for 13" x 6" and even for the Alto!

Last edited by johy : 29th March 2007 at 19:39.
Old 22nd April 2007, 12:59   #30
elf
BANNED

Nice looking ride you have there, johy. Considering all the constraints you had during the selection process, it looks quite good. Am sure they'll hold up pretty well on bad roads even.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks