Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 20:11   #16
BHPian

Re: BF Goodrich India's website goes live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Super! What I heard from Tyre dealers last month as well as this month is that Michelin is out of stock everywhere. I hope things are better with BFG, dealers are pushing Continental these days due to the same reason. We also bought a continental set for a Duster because the equivalent Bridgestone was much more expensive this time due to shortage.

I see that they have Bolero/TUV size available ,
Duster/Thar/Sumo/Scorpio/Safari size is missing, new Thar size is also missing I think. As long as the endeavor , fortuner size is there they can expect some sales.

Any idea about pricing? I know they vary a lot but the website pricing got me very interested in considering it as a replacement once suitable sizes are available, I always thought of this brand being very expensive.
Please note that the list of sizes that I mentioned in my post is by no means exhaustive. These are some of the sizes that are available. As for the pricing you would need to talk to dealers where you're located. I feel their pricing is fairly close to brands such as Yokohama Geolandars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Am planning to change the tyres of my 2017 Endeavour after running the factory fitted MRF for 55000 kms. My primary use is city running and highways, with comfort being one of the important factors. How will the Goodrich's score in that department?
Please note that most of the tires in 16, 17 & 18-inch sizes under BFG T/A KO2 product family are either D (8 ply treating) or E (10 ply rating) as these are classified as light truck tires (In North America light-duty truck is defined as any motor vehicle having a gross vehicle weight rating (curb weight plus payload) of no more than 8,500 pounds/3,860 kg and it includes large SUVs, Vans & Pick Up trucks). These are very robust tires with strong sidewalls owing to their higher load rating. I would say that for most of the SUVs with a ladder on frame chassis platform such as Fortuner, Endeavour, Thar & Gypsy these tires would be a good fit.

For soft-roaders such as Duster & others of its ilk, it will be a bit of an overkill. However, a usage pattern of an end-user may dictate the choice of the tire (% of highway vis-a-vis % of Off/rough road usage).

I'm enclosing a comparison of various all-terrain tire brands (courtesy "Tirerack" website) on various parameters such as Treadwear, Comfort, Wet & Dry traction etc. Please note though that a vast majority of these numbers (on a scale of 1 to 10) have been given based upon usage by North American drivers and some of these brands may not be available in the Indian market.

BF Goodrich India's website goes live-comparison-1.jpg
BF Goodrich India's website goes live-comparison-2.jpg

BFGoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2

BF Goodrich India's website goes live-tire-rack-bfg.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelling owl View Post
I reached out to all the listed dealers in Bangalore, none of them have BFG tyres in stock. They said since rubber imports are banned, BFG tyres are not available.
That's quite possible due to the current embargo. Please reach out to the authorized dealer in Shimla (Super Treads); they have quite a few sizes available and frequently ship tires all over the country.

* Image courtesy - Tirerack website (https://www.tirerack.com/content/tir.../homepage.html)
Old 20th November 2020, 11:41   #17
BHPian

Went to the dealer to have a look at the tyres, fell in love instantly and ended up buying on the spot.

A look at the tread design.
BF Goodrich India's website goes live-gf-good.jpg

Before Installation
BF Goodrich India's website goes live-img7347.jpg

After Installation
BF Goodrich India's website goes live-img7349.jpg

BF Goodrich India's website goes live-img7359.jpg

Have driven on the new set for about 40 kms till now, here are the initial impressions:-

1) Grip Levels: Definitely better than the MRF's. Can actually feel the car holding onto the road pretty well.

2) Handling: Remains the same. Inspite of these being heavy tyres, can manoeuvre as earlier, no change in driving style required.

3) Comfort: Handles the broken roads and potholes pretty well. I think it will improve further once the tyres have run in a little.

4) Road Noise: No difference observed. With Fords Noise Cancellation Technology anyways a lot of noises don't filter into the cabin if you drive with the windows rolled up.

Love the looks, now tempted to do a little off-roading at the earliest.
Joyb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 12:21   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Went to the dealer to have a look at the tyres, fell in love instantly and ended up buying on the spot.
Can you share details of the dealer and how much you paid and the size of the tyre.

This seems to be totally different to the other manufacturers who are having difficulties in getting the Imported tyres because of a ban. Does these carry ISI mark?
Old 20th November 2020, 12:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Can you share details of the dealer and how much you paid and the size of the tyre.

This seems to be totally different to the other manufacturers who are having difficulties in getting the Imported tyres because of a ban. Does these carry ISI mark?
1) Dealer- ZIG Wheels, Golf Course Road, Gurgaon

2) Paid 18000/- per tyre. Size 265/60/18.

3) These are Jan 2020 manufactured. I think i saw the ISI Mark. Limited stocks are left with dealers due to Import Ban.
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 12:37   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Paid 18000/- per tyre. Size 265/60/18.
Thanks, I paid more than twice last year, though a large part went towards the Air Freight. Very competitive prices and these should be good for 80-100K.

You may see a reduction in mileage by a Km or so.
Attached Thumbnails
BF Goodrich India's website goes live-whatsapp-image-20201120-12.35.19-pm.jpeg  

Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 12:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

You may see a reduction in mileage by a Km or so.
I honestly don't really care bout the mileage

I really wanted the white highlighted text, but that comes only in 285/60 size. I wanted to stick to the standard one, so let it pass.
Old 21st November 2020, 23:49   #22
BHPian

Great move my Michelin to make these tyres available in India. The prices were absurd before it was available officially as Turbonator Paaji mentioned above. I'm planning to put them in my Discovery Sport and upcoming Thar. The website still seems to be in beta mode though as they dont show the sizes that's available like Michelin does
Old 30th December 2020, 15:59   #23
BHPian

Wanted to know if any one has enquired these tyres availability in Bangalore.
Old 5th January 2021, 11:39   #24

Not in Bangalore but its available in Chennai. Checked with distributors listed in site and fortuner tyres were available. Checked it for my car's replacement
Old 5th January 2021, 11:46   #25

Checked in Chennai for my car's replacement and tyres are available for Fortuner. Dealer was insisting that I buy and store the tyres because he is not sure of the availability of tyres with the ongoing ban on import. I'm in dilemma because my tyres have done 40k and can go for another 10k easily. Is it worth buying and not using it for an year? Pandits suggest please
Fortunerider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 12:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Wanted to know if any one has enquired these tyres availability in Bangalore.
These are available at Madhus.
starter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:27   #27
BHPian

Hi guys
I have an offer for 245/70 R 16 BF Goodrich all terrain tyres (4 tyres) for 55k. Barely used, may be 100kms or so. Is it a good option for my 2019 Thar? Currently I am running on 31x10.5R15 with negative offset off-road wheels. I was planning to go back to stock tyres.
Old 22nd January 2024, 19:46   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Does anyone know the dealer in Chennai or Bangalore? Need to find the options for 20 inch Land Rover Wheels. The BF Goodrich India website search function doesn't work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks