Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2020, 12:31   #1
BHPian

BF Goodrich India's website goes live

BF Goodrich India's website has gone live quietly.

The website is fairly spartan with only listing for authorized dealers & the tire range is limited to T/A KO2s.

I called a couple of dealers in the North & they are quoting Rs. 7,800 for a set of 215/75R15s.

Well, it’s a good beginning and there is an ample number of authorized dealers listed all over India.

It is especially good news for 4X4 owners in the hill states of Himachal, Uttrakhand, and J&K as the T/A KO2 comes with a Mountain Snowflake (Mud + Snow) and that makes it a great tire in geographies where the wintertime temperature dips below 0. For folks who used to rue the non-availability of winter tires in India, at least now there’s an option. In addition, it also gives an option to potential customers to source BFG tires via a legal channel.

BF Goodrich India's website goes live-mstiresymbol.jpg

https://www.bfgoodrich.in/

BF Goodrich India's website goes live-capture.jpg

Last edited by Vikram Arya : 16th November 2020 at 12:47.
Vikram Arya is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 16:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: BF Goodrich India's website goes live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
BF Goodrich India's website has gone live quietly.
This is very good news for 4wd owners. Off late a lot of Endeavour and Fortuner owners are considering the BFG tyres. The only downside I see is the slightly higher tyre noise.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 12:25   #3
BHPian

I am currently using Conti Cross AT for iSuzu V-cross, used it for 62k KMs now, and its due for a change very soon.
Should I consider BF this time around? I am on 17" Alloys and will be using AT tyres only. Wouldn't mind waiting for a month or two for availability.
Please advise.
yashcosmos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 12:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
I am currently using Conti Cross AT for iSuzu V-cross, used it for 62k KMs now, and its due for a change very soon.
Should I consider BF this time around? I am on 17" Alloys and will be using AT tyres only. Wouldn't mind waiting for a month or two for availability.
Please advise.
I have used BFGs AT and Conti Cross contact in my different 4wd SUVs. Road noise would be same for you as Conti Cross contacts are slightly noisier. If i would have been in your place i would have bought BFGs.
Slightly OT: I have BFG MT tyres fitted in one of my old jeep which is being used in farm/field, these tyres are more than 12 years old and still going strong
Shubhendra is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 12:34   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The website appears to be WIP. Details are confusing to say the least but very optimistic pricing nevertheless.

Just one model, it does not say what size it is but even if we assume it fits a duster at the smallest size (215) , that is cheaper or nearly the same as Bridgestone dueler D684. I hope the website is true.
BF Goodrich India's website goes live-bfg.jpg
Kosfactor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 12:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
I have used BFGs AT and Conti Cross contact in my different 4wd SUVs. Road noise would be same for you as Conti Cross contacts are slightly noisier. If i would have been in your place i would have bought BFGs.
Slightly OT: I have BFG MT tyres fitted in one of my old jeep which is being used in farm/field, these tyres are more than 12 years old and still going strong
Oh, I have never been bothered by the road noise of Conti Cross AT, so I believe BFs wouldn't bother me either. Since you have used both the tyres, I wanted to understand if there is any noticeable difference in ride quality? Will be helpful if you can detail that bit down, like a pro-con.
yashcosmos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 16:52   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Please advise.
BFG T/A KO2 tires carry a Mountain Snow Flake symbol which makes these a “Severe Snow Severe Rated” tire. These tires have a softer rubber compound for them to be able to provide adequate traction in very low temperatures. This unfortunately also makes these tires slightly more prone to wear in our warmer temperatures.

These are LT rated which means these are classified as a light truck tire. These tires carry an “E” load rating which means it has a 10 ply rating.

My experience on these tires is limited to driving to a mine site in a Jeep Wrangler in -32°C for a week a few years ago however 3 of my neighbors have these tires on their Wranglers and they swear by those.

Assuming you’re considering these for your Isuzu V-Cross, these should just work fine for that application.

I don’t know much about Conti Cross Contact AT tires and I would defer to Shubhendra to provide detailed feedback on these tires.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Vikram Arya : 17th November 2020 at 17:17. Reason: Addition of content
Vikram Arya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 05:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
The website appears to be WIP. Details are confusing to say the least but very optimistic pricing nevertheless.

Just one model, it does not say what size it is but even if we assume it fits a duster at the smallest size (215) , that is cheaper or nearly the same as Bridgestone dueler D684. I hope the website is true.
Attachment 2081204
The dealer that I spoke to said that they have about 12 sizes available in 16, 17 & 18 inches in T/A KO2s. Some of the popular sizes (as per him) he mentioned were 215/75R15, 225/70R16, 245/70R16, 245/75R16, 255/70R16, 265/70R17, 265/75R17, 285/70R17, 265/60R18, 275/75R18 & 285/60R18.

He also said that though there are some stock shortages; they have been told by Michelin (BFG is owned by Michelin) that they will get more stock soon.

I think the best way would be to find an authorized dealer close to where you are located and get the relevant size, availability, and pricing information from them.

Hope this helps.
Vikram Arya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 09:19   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer that I spoke to said that they have about 12 sizes available in 16, 17 & 18 inches in T/A KO2s. Some of the popular sizes (as per him) he mentioned were 215/75R15, 225/70R16, 245/70R16, 245/75R16, 255/70R16, 265/70R17, 265/75R17, 285/70R17, 265/60R18, 275/75R18 & 285/60R18.
Super! What I heard from Tyre dealers last month as well as this month is that Michelin is out of stock everywhere. I hope things are better with BFG, dealers are pushing Continental these days due to the same reason. We also bought a continental set for a Duster because the equivalent Bridgestone was much more expensive this time due to shortage.

I see that they have Bolero/TUV size available ,
Duster/Thar/Sumo/Scorpio/Safari size is missing, new Thar size is also missing I think. As long as the endeavor , fortuner size is there they can expect some sales.

Any idea about pricing? I know they vary a lot but the website pricing got me very interested in considering it as a replacement once suitable sizes are available, I always thought of this brand being very expensive.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 10:00   #10
BHPian

mostly the Jeep Wranglers and the Toyota FJ cruisers in the middle east.

Glad to see serious off road tires coming to India
Old 19th November 2020, 10:47   #11
BHPian

Am planning to change the tyres of my 2017 Endeavour after running the factory fitted MRF for 55000 kms. My primary use is city running and highways, with comfort being one of the important factors. How will the Goodrich's score in that department?
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 11:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Am planning to change the tyres of my 2017 Endeavour after running the factory fitted MRF for 55000 kms. My primary use is city running and highways, with comfort being one of the important factors. How will the Goodrich's score in that department?
You should opt for HT tyres.

On a car wity City/Highway centric use, AT Tyres just add to the asthetic appeal of the vehicle. I had Goodyear ATs on my Terrano, the car used to look really butch but that is about it.
BANDHAV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 12:07   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
You should opt for HT tyres.

On a car wity City/Highway centric use, AT Tyres just add to the asthetic appeal of the vehicle. I had Goodyear ATs on my Terrano, the car used to look really butch but that is about it.
Well, 1) Aesthetic appeal does matter to me.
2) Once a year I do visit difficult mountain terrain (basically home-stays on off-beaten paths) , so peace of mind with AT tyres will be required.
Old 19th November 2020, 15:03   #14
BHPian

I reached out to all the listed dealers in Bangalore, none of them have BFG tyres in stock. They said since rubber imports are banned, BFG tyres are not available.
travelling owl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 15:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don’t know much about Conti Cross Contact AT tires and I would defer to Shubhendra to provide detailed feedback on these tires.
I will have to check my BFG MTs but i think they are also meant for M+S.
Continental Cross contact ATs have softer sidewalls (I know they look rugged but we have had side wall punctures in 70% of tyres in our group {5 sets}). They are better in mud compared to BFG ATs.
BFGs lasted longer (75K Vs 80K) compared to Continentals. And Contis are also LT rated AFAIK.

Note: These tyres were used in 4x4 SUVs and spent every weekend off the road along with occasional long distance trips ranging from 2500 Kms to 6500 kms (each trip).

Regards,
Shubhendra

Last edited by Shubhendra : 19th November 2020 at 15:37.
Shubhendra is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks